PDA

View Full Version : The Chocobo thread!

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 19:19
Ok so, I recently looked into this and figured it out, what you need to do is keep BC open at all times, DONT disconnect from your internet at all, trust me on this.

1. What you do is select save slot.
2. Let the files load, then tab to your BC with the already edited save file.
3. Then save over that file with BC, load that selected file and BA-DA-BOOM-BA Your playing the edited save file, then just save to sync it to server and your all done.

crono1973
16th Aug 2012, 21:07
Ok so, I recently looked into this and figured it out, what you need to do is keep BC open at all times, DONT disconnect from your internet at all, trust me on this.

3. Then save over that file with BC, load that selected file and BA-DA-BOOM-BA Your playing the edited save file, then just save to sync it to server and your all done.

Ok so let me see if I understand this.

1. Open BC and load up your save file. Make your changes and leave it open.

2. Start FF7 but don't load saved game

3. Go back to BC and save the open, edited save file

4. Now load the save file in FF7 and we're playing the altered file

5. Save it to sync it with the server

Is that correct?

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 21:10

Is that correct?

To clearify, open to where it shows you the 10 save slots, dont go past that, once there, save the modified file you have, then click the slot and then pick the save game, that make sence? And afterwards you need to resave it to sync it.

crono1973
16th Aug 2012, 21:14

Is that correct?

To clearify, open to where it shows you the 10 save slots, dont go past that, once there, save the modified file you have, then click the slot and then pick the save game, that make sence? And afterwards you need to resave it to sync it.

I just tried it and it worked. I don't want to cheat so all I did was give myself 10 extra potions just to test it.

I just got to the menu screen where it says "New Game" & "Continue". It syncs at the point so I saved my altered files and then hit continue. Checked my potions and it was right.

Haven't tried saving, exiting and coming back in yet but I am sure it will work out fine.

Edit: Yeah, I reloaded and it kept the changes. Now, I am going back to edit again to take away the 10 potions, don't want to cheat this game but it's nice to have the option in future games. Thanks.

tir43l
16th Aug 2012, 23:17

I posted about this in the other Black Chocobo thread...about 2 hours before this one was up. Maybe we could do some consolidating and reading so there are not 15 threads on the same subject.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29320659/Black_Chocobo)(game_save_editor) (/go/thread/view/139235/29320659/Black_Chocobo(game_save_editor))

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 23:22

I posted about this in the other Black Chocobo thread...about 2 hours before this one was up. Maybe we could do some consolidating and reading so there are not 15 threads on the same subject.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29320659/Black_Chocobo)(game_save_editor) (/go/thread/view/139235/29320659/Black_Chocobo(game_save_editor))

Whoops ^^; I knew there was errors about it but I didnt know there was a work around, regardless at least there is a thread that states it so they know where to find the solution, regardless of who posted.

AzraelAngelus
24th Aug 2012, 00:14

Whoops ^^; I knew there was errors about it but I didnt know there was a work around, regardless at least there is a thread that states it so they know where to find the solution, regardless of who posted.

Thanks Doctor i was starting to get annoyed with it but your directions we spot on

Lokesus
26th Aug 2012, 21:31
I have tried repeatedly for hours now to breed the river and mountain chocos... I keep getting regular chocos.

iambasho777
26th Aug 2012, 22:11
Are you making sure to reset the RNG by fighting a battle or two? Here's a very comprehensive breeding guide if that's not your problem.

www.gamefaqs.com/pc/130791-final-fantasy... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/130791-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/58077)

member_10743190
26th Aug 2012, 22:26
I've not actually followed the guide Basho has mentioned, but I can confirm how thorough it is.

ba50times
1st Sep 2012, 11:27
I've not actually followed the guide Basho has mentioned, but I can confirm how thorough it is.

I followed a guide and had a gold chocobo from buying the pens to getting KOTR in under an hour. In my youth I've spent days in this endevour so I don't mind the shortcut. Afterwards, you should still cram it full of sylkis greens and race for a while to get the materia only available from the races.

alanman178
23rd Sep 2012, 12:05
I remember having trouble with getting chocobos of the particular type, and then getting a "male" or "female" that I needed. I need the blue. Keep getting the green. I finally get the blue, but it isn't the "male" or "female" I need for breeding. Also, for those who don't know or may have forgotten about it, if you start breeding chocobos immediately after it's available, and make it a priority as you're game progresses, it's possible to get the Gold Chocobo before the events that took people to disc 3 on the original.

wiktord.jan
15th Jan 2013, 14:29
How many tries did it take before you were finally able to get a female blue chocobo? I'm trying to get a female blue chocobo, and I've tried maybe twenty times. Each time it either comes out male / female green or male blue. NEVER female blue. Is that normal or could I be doing something wrong?

I heard from 1 guy there is a bug like this and you actually have to play the whole game again from the beginning or you won't breed the golden one so you won't get KOTR etc....that would be depressing (because I have once finished the game already without it and now after 65hrs of gameplay I don't wanna replay the hole thing again...

PLS HELP :(

LennethLionK3
15th Jan 2013, 14:37
Just keep trying, I've had a similiar experience in the past. Took about 25-30 resets for me at the time, it's random luck once you have the right mates.

wiktord.jan
15th Jan 2013, 15:10
good male + great female and great male + good female both with caroib nut being used.....oh and all of them trained to A-CLASS.

Now no matter how many times I try it's always the same FU**ING FAIL (as above) :( So I have to keep trying and eventually the blue female ******* WILL be born for sure...?

I think I'll catch good ones and great ones again and train 'em again. Cause the recent ones are kinda failure to me.

Any other suggestions? Thank you for posting on this....I'm really kind of desperate here ;)

LennethLionK3
15th Jan 2013, 15:25
Are you doing hard resets or soft resets? What system are you playing on?

LennethLionK3
15th Jan 2013, 15:34
If you are doing hard resets and not doing anything new that is chocobo related besides retrying your breeding, then you will keep failing. If you have no other choice but to hard reset, then try feeding a green to any chocobo and then try breeding again.

There is some sort of in-game "random" counter that sets whether you get a Male/Female/Green/Blue chocobo when breeding, when you make a chocobo related action, the counter goes to the next designed option of "random" results for breeding.

wiktord.jan
15th Jan 2013, 16:35
I play FF VII 2012 PC re-edition. What way shoud I restart the game in my case? Had no idea about "hard" reset thing.

LennethLionK3
15th Jan 2013, 17:15
Idk if you can soft reset the new release, so your best bet is to move the counter with other choboco actions (like feeding a chocobo), saving the game, and then try breeding again, if it doesnt pan out after a few tries that way, try repeating the process until you get the counter to the spot you need it to attain the choboco you need.

wiktord.jan
16th Jan 2013, 15:01
Lenneth thank you so much for helping me out....it worked and I'm a proud owner of a golden chocobo, called it (her) Porshe, lol ;P

highwind83
19th Oct 2013, 20:45
Okay, I just wanted to post this in hopes that someone could help me out.

Is there an easy way to get a gold chocobo without going through the races and things like that, when i played this on the console i used the infinite stamina bug but its not possible to do on the PC making the races extremely difficult.

One last question, does anyone know if some of the 'glitches' were fixed on the PC version that were on the console such as duplicating items with W-Item materia and etc. Thank you all

FantasyDreamKey
20th Oct 2013, 12:53
I only played it on the Playstation so I don't know if it the same or not. I got two gold chocobos, one from breeding which I had fun doing (got it on my first try) and the other one I got from beating an optional boss (I can't remember which one, it could be Emerald or Rudy Weapon)... or was you suppose to give him a item... I kinda forgot. He is in Kalm (don't know where exactly he is but I know he is in Kalm) and he said that he will give you a gold chocobo if you help him.

highwind83
21st Oct 2013, 18:39
needed some help with BC i cant get it to load my save file, anyone help please

piliopan
23rd May 2014, 12:45
Good Morning.

I have a problem and hope someone can help me. I'm playing FFVII on my pc and I am as Gold Saucer for the first time, when I try to enter the race chocobos, just before the race starts, my pc screen goes black and the game is locked.
Someone knows why this happens? How I can resolve this? Please, I'm desperate, it's my favorite game and I can not play for weeks

Zeffiross
23rd May 2014, 23:13
Just install the fix.
http://superacro.free.fr/Site/Patchs/Chocobo.rar