PDA

View Full Version : Film!

FenToozAl
27th Oct 2002, 22:30
Being a fan of the Commandos Series it came to my attention that the game is so good that i thought that they should make the best war film ever made based on the Game Commandos...just think some games make great films: spiderma, X-Men, Tomb Raider, i must admit theres been some terrible movies from games: Super Mario, Street Fighter etc.. but Commandos would be great...who agrees with me?

ragsy
28th Oct 2002, 03:14
That would be like doing a full circuit

The game is inspired around films in the first place

such as;
The Guns of Navarone = The Guns of Savo Island
Saving Private Ryan = Saving Private Smith

The other problem would be that the games story doesn't make enough sense for a logical screen play

4Eyes
28th Oct 2002, 07:32
It might be possible, but they'd have to think up an entirely new storyline, not just copy some missions from the game.

It would be cool to see the Commandos in real action.

Btw, Spiderman wasn't based on a game, but on a comic. The handful of games starring spidey were also based on the comic.

Thorup
28th Oct 2002, 07:54
Personally I think that making a movie from a game is a bad idea. I have never seen a good movie made from a game. Tomb Raider is the worst movie ever(almost)
But Cartoon movies is ok. Mario cartoon movies are good.

and flashmovies:D :)

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
28th Oct 2002, 12:19
I Totally agree with Thorup.

movies based on video games don't have that much to offer (the only thing Tomb Raider had to offer was Angelina Jolie, and the game sucks as well cause it only offers what's-her-name).

now films based on comics, yeah...they work, but lol there are so many movies out now based on comics it's redicilous.
the only movies i'm waiting for now is Matrix : reloaded , Matrix : revelutions and the rest of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

Have A Nice day :D

ziili
28th Oct 2002, 12:32
among movies I am waiting for the last Episode of Star Wars, Episode III :)

1shot1kill
28th Oct 2002, 14:05
hehe, im waiting for Star Wars episode 7, 8 and 9. :)

David
28th Oct 2002, 14:33
Star wars episode 3 is enought for me:)
btw there probably be movies based on rtcw and doom 3.
i wonder how they will look like?

FenToozAl
28th Oct 2002, 16:49
Originally posted by ragsy
That would be like doing a full circuit

The game is inspired around films in the first place

such as;
The Guns of Navarone = The Guns of Savo Island
Saving Private Ryan = Saving Private Smith

The other problem would be that the games story doesn't make enough sense for a logical screen play

Ok maybe there are some films that its based around lol but still it would be good...and thanks for reminding me that spiderman was a comic lol i guess i just forgot...but i didnt mean for the commandos film to be like real actors i ment if it was some what like Final Fasntasy the stories not brilliant but the graphics etc are amazing and commandos would be another good game to use these graphics on...so that we're not just gettin a birds eye view of the game but a first person view, i believe it would be fantastic...

But thats my opinion lol, we cant have everything now can we lol...

Later Days!

ragsy
28th Oct 2002, 23:33
Fair enough

A Cartoon movie would be an interesting idea....

Although I look at this like I look at the game Grand Theft Auto

instead of makin a film they simply made a much much much better game.

Suddenly the top down view became fully 3D....

Why make a film when you can make a game like that

4Eyes
29th Oct 2002, 07:39
I think you can wait a looong time for Star Wars 7, 8 & 9. I think I read somewhere that George Lucas didn't intend to make those movies at all. At first, way back when he was working on 4, 5 & 6, he planned to make it a nine-part epic saga, but later on he decided not to.

Too bad, because from what Iv'e heard of the storyline of 7, 8 & 9, it sounds pretty good.

A Final Fantasy-esque commandos movie...hmmm, that might be cool to see. Just have to find the right voice talents to make the gang really come to life.

Thorup
29th Oct 2002, 08:08
I am looking forward to Jurassic Park 4. although 3 sucked, I bought it.

ziili
29th Oct 2002, 08:15
Originally posted by 1shot1kill

as a real Star Wars and Commandos freak, I wish you nice waiting, because there won't be such episodes ;) :p

1shot1kill
29th Oct 2002, 13:52
Oh there will be, George Lucas has announced 1 or 2 years ago that he wants to have all 9 movies complete before 2010.

FenToozAl
29th Oct 2002, 19:45
why the hell is star wars back to front in some places like the story goes backwards...weird :confused: lol sometimes i just sit and think ok how does this work lol...the ending to episode 2 sucks

1shot1kill
29th Oct 2002, 23:33
He made 4, 5 and 6 first because what he wanted to do in part 1, 2 and 3 was technically not possible yet at the end of the 70ties.

ragsy
29th Oct 2002, 23:44
what wasn't possible in the 70's

apart from Commandos 2 :D

Thorup
30th Oct 2002, 11:14
I don't like Lucas. he was inspired by the Dune novels for his star wars movies, and didn't give the author any credit.

1shot1kill
30th Oct 2002, 14:15
Originally posted by ragsy
what wasn't possible in the 70's

apart from Commandos 2 :D

Making the special effects he wanted to use in the first 3 movies.

FenToozAl
30th Oct 2002, 19:11
why dint he just use the special effects that he wanted in the last ones then instead of the first ones...plus how did he no the technoligy wud be better

1shot1kill
30th Oct 2002, 19:21
If you look at Episode 1 and 2, they got large battles between droids and the good guys, those are large battles, which you could not make with computers back then, you could however make the smaller battles that appear in part 4, 5 and 6 with the limited technology they had back then, so they mostly used scale models for the space battles and land battles like the battle of Hoth. And technology always gets better over the years, it's a fact, all he had to do is wait till the technology was there.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
31st Oct 2002, 00:40
Originally posted by 1shot1kill

yeah...cause then Anakin Solo and kin will be the new stars of the show :D

The Jedi Knighthood will also be reborn, Thanks To Luke and his new found acadamy :D
what i really want to see is who will play Mara Skywalker (lukes wife, prolly be shown in ep 8) or even better, who will play Luke?
Will mark hamill and the old Star Wars gang be in those episodes or what.......kind of intersting how they will resolve this :D

<Edit>
ohh yeah.........Terminator 3 will be out as well pretty soon (1 year or so :D) . Thing is, if anyone has seen the T2 Epilog that came out 1-3 years after T2 (i think it came in a special edition box or something - i have that footage on my hard drive so i know it exists), then i wonder how they will reanimate life into the story since it was obviously killed by the epilog.
<Edit>

FenToozAl
2nd Nov 2002, 16:30
Originally posted by FenToozAl
why dint he just use the special effects that he wanted in the last ones then instead of the first ones...plus how did he no the technoligy wud be better

ok technology always gets better but still that didnt mean he had to do the last episodes before the others.

1shot1kill
3rd Nov 2002, 05:53
Eh, he had no other choice, as shown above... and they are the middle 3 episodes.

Yakkalot
3rd Nov 2002, 13:06
Whats the deal on the half life movie?
Thats been talked about since 1999 last update I heard was early this year saying Sony approached Valve for the rights or something like that...

David
3rd Nov 2002, 14:23
half life movie?never heard about it.i dont tjink there will be any

1shot1kill
3rd Nov 2002, 19:05
I've played HL and it's mods for over 3 years and i never heard anything about that. Probably just rumours.

Yakkalot
4th Nov 2002, 10:41
No, it's been all through official press releases by several of the major film companies as well as valve and sierra...

1shot1kill
4th Nov 2002, 15:14
Can you show us something about it? I have been following all Hl, CS and DoD news for more than 2 years till about 2 months ago and i never heard of it.

Yakkalot
5th Nov 2002, 15:32
Evidence? Sure, just I can't be arsed finding it! :D

But seriously, I find it impossible to believe you've not heard of it, as someone who doens't even own Half Life, there's been that much rubbish about film deals between valve and the big hollywood studios than I care to remember.

You might want to try more movie oriented sites for info...

1shot1kill
6th Nov 2002, 04:11
i took a quick look on google, the only things it comes up with it are movies in the sense things made with the game engine and petitions by gamers for sierra to make such a movie, nothing about it being in production though.

Yakkalot
6th Nov 2002, 04:26
No not in production, but negotiations for the rights to make it.

Try gamespot, thats where I found out most about it, the news archives...

last I heard Sony was the one courting valve, so you might want to check their recordds...

1shot1kill
6th Nov 2002, 15:57
well now i did a quick search on gamespot+half-life+movie and the only things it comes up with is articles about promo movies for hl on the ps2, demo's of HL games and 1 article with a rumour that they might make a movie, nothing solid though.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Nov 2002, 23:17
That's going to become a movie soon..........i hope it's going to be good

because the story just has to be incredible.......failing making this movie into a hit is close to impossible, if they screw that up then they only have the dumb-arse writes to blame