PDA

View Full Version : Your Avatar

Phil
2nd Jun 2012, 14:45
FAQ: Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_avatars).
--------------------------------

Talk about your avatar here in this thread.

Why did you choose your avatar and what/who does it feature?

Mine: Grimoire Valentine
Full artwork:
semna30.webs.com/G_Avatar_Full.jpg (http://semna30.webs.com/G_Avatar_Full.jpg)
semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg (http://semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg)

Favourite avatar?
Questions? Answers? Thoughts? Go ahead.

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 15:08
You should have got a message stating that a moderator has to approve it first. It's part of the process, so just be patient!

Phil
2nd Jun 2012, 16:40
Thanks! I just do not know!

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 16:45
You're welcome!

I know that for mine it took a couple of hours for it to show up, but the turnover rate might vary depending on how many requests they get.

MitsuyaEli
3rd Jun 2012, 11:39
You should have got a message stating that a moderator has to approve it first. It's part of the process, so just be patient!

Does the message show up on-site, or at one's registered email address? I didn't get a message at either one. When I tried to upload a JPEG, it said "Ready to Upload" but once the progress bar filled up I was automatically taken to my home page.

What size was your avatar pic? Maybe there's a limit. I went down to 30KB but still no go. SMH

Grimoire
3rd Jun 2012, 11:56
It should appear (and fade away) right here:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_Avatar_Message.j... (http://semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_Avatar_Message.jpg)

At least it did for me. You shouldn't have been able to miss it if it did.

After uploading it, it took about seven hours or so before the avatar was approved and showed up.

MitsuyaEli
3rd Jun 2012, 12:11
It should appear (and fade away) right here:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_Avatar_Message.j... (http://semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_Avatar_Message.jpg)

At least it did for me. You shouldn't have been able to miss it if it did.

After uploading it, it took about seven hours or so before the avatar was approved and showed up.

Bwaha, my habit of scrolling down before a page finishes loading...^_^; Well well, I guess a moderator's gonna be mad at me for "changing" my avatar 4 times in 2 days? FAIL

Thanks for the specifics!

Grimoire
4th Jun 2012, 02:42

Why did you choose your avatar and what/who does it feature?

Full artwork:
semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg (http://semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg)

Feel free to discuss the avatar system in general, as well as the SEM EU and the SEM JP avatars.

Favourite avatar? Which system do you prefer?

-How do I add an avatar?-
Click SETTINGS --> CHANGE AVATAR --> UPLOAD PHOTOS --> Add from my computer (choose a .jpg picture)--> START UPLOAD --> FINISHED --> SELECT PHOTO ---> And then wait for an admin to approve your avatar.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (http:///go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)!? (http:///go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)

-Do not choose inappropriate or explicit images as your avatar.
-If you ever had a favorite character from a series, feel free to use them!* A lot of avatars on the forums come from FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS.
-See if you can choose an avatar that matches your personality.
-Try not to change your avatar too often because other members might not recognize you.
-You can also choose an avatar to match your username. Example: A Sephiroth avatar if your username has "Sephiroth" in it.
-See if you can choose small-sized images. The smaller the image, the faster the pages will load. Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can't, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too.

3D avatar (quoting Mr. Peeler):
"While I understand there are users who miss the old avatar format, we have no plans to return to the previous system."

Grimoire
4th Jun 2012, 02:48
Link:

The Japanese SEM Avatar Gallery. It truly is amazing.

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/index.php?cnt=header)

Ripax5
4th Jun 2012, 05:44
Mine is Rem Tokimiya of FFType-0

I choose that one because it's the SE game I'm current playing, and I think she's cute >w<

the link of it www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/images/tw... (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/images/twitter/tw_0005.jpg)

Jackstin
4th Jun 2012, 05:53
Mine is Kain telling Mario to jump. That's it really.

member_10085059
4th Jun 2012, 07:35
My avatar right now is me!

member_10077577
4th Jun 2012, 08:32
Mine is Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 08:57
Mine is Amano artwork of Quina Quen, surprise

member_10803141
4th Jun 2012, 10:14
The one and only Thunder God Cid! (Count Cidolfus Orlandeau)

My favorite character upon the vast world of FF :D

member_10550535
4th Jun 2012, 10:31
Moustache Rarity

Because I can

Now time to get ready for E3

member_10100340
4th Jun 2012, 11:16
Adult Hope from Final Fantasy XIII-2. Because he's my favorite game character.

member_10689654
4th Jun 2012, 11:21
Mine's one of those skull-butterfly keytar-playing things from Adventure Time. Because... I don't know :)

Gaialei_Strife
4th Jun 2012, 11:22
Mine is Cloud as a girl with glasses... because it's gorgeous.... no big deal.. :p

YoshiKatYoko
4th Jun 2012, 11:23
Serah Farron. She's super hot, and my favorite Final Fantasy character. And oh, Mog too. "You play rough, Kupo".

Automaton
4th Jun 2012, 13:07
Right now, it's a graphics thing I made in GIMP. I used to be heavy into making avatar and signature graphics, but I haven't really had much time or patience to do it recently.

I have a Japanese SEM account, as well, so I'm familiar with the 3D avatars that we also used to have. Mine over there has parts mostly purchased with for free and with a small amount of points, but many items and poses nowadays (such as those for holidays or costumes for game characters) have to be unlocked with Crysta, which you have to use real money to obtain. Brouwsing through everything avatar related over on the Japanese SEM makes me think about the vast unused potential that our old 3D avatars could have attained.

gekka_reijin
4th Jun 2012, 14:37
Mine is of a still of the vocalist from one of my favorite band's music videos, BUCK-TICK: Romance.

member_10328220
4th Jun 2012, 19:49
Mine is Sima Yi from Dynasty Warriors 5. He's my favorite evil strategist with the best evil laugh.... (until they changed his voice for 6....)

Zench-XIII
4th Jun 2012, 21:33
Mine is Death Emizel (aka Rascal P. Coltrane), from Disgaea 4. I like his personality, and I totally love his design.

member_10821729
8th Jun 2012, 14:31
Mine is just a guy sleeping with his favorite sword.

Pikachu
8th Jun 2012, 15:47
My avatar is C.C. from Code Geass. It's from the final opening in the series.

iambasho777
8th Jun 2012, 17:20
Mine is the FFIX depiction of Alexander, about to shield Alexandria from Bahamut's mega-flare. Picked it 'cuz my name is Alexander and FFIX is my second favorite SE game (ie game in general http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif) and favorite FF

nemesisstars
8th Jun 2012, 17:28
mine is cloud from final fantasy seven crisis core.

member_10745919
8th Jun 2012, 17:34
Zidane from Dissidia series.

Squall-Nathan
8th Jun 2012, 18:41
Mine is the cover of an ongoing trilogy by Dekker called Mortal. The Heart symbolizes society and the Blood our life. I could elaborate more but I don't feel like writing a book right now. lol

member_10163369
8th Jun 2012, 20:21
Mine is Kain Highwind from FFIV. The artwork is from Dissidia 012.

member_10106331
8th Jun 2012, 22:55
Well, I chose an avatar based on my job.

CUSTOM AIRBRUSHING

I'm an airbrush artist.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

member_10590028
8th Jun 2012, 23:21
<sub></sub>Well my avatar is a picture of Mystogan from the manga Fairy Tail. I like his mysterious outlook as well as his abilities even though he doesn't have actual magic.

YukiTsubaki
8th Jun 2012, 23:25
Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the newest inductee into my all time favorite anime list. (I only have a few.) Considering what she's been through, she tries to maintain a cheerful disposition despite this. Much like myself, in some aspects.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 23:34
Ifrit (FFVIII based)

I just love summons, but I really love Ifrit from VIII and X. Just love demon/lion thing they had going on with him.

RoyalJam
10th Jun 2012, 10:37
Mine is the royal jam item from Secret of Mana 2.

Syn
12th Jun 2012, 01:32
Mine is Noctis Lucis Caelum, form the yet unreleased Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I chose because I like his cool calm demenour which is the exact opposite of mine, and also because if the game is released, he will be the first FF- hero in a 3D final fantasy to have that sweet teleport ability. (The only other hero i recall who could learn it is the guy you use in final fantasy tactics). Plus him and the Tactics kid would make awesome aditions to Dissidia.

EDIT: It WAS Noctis, but seeing his face everytime I logged on reminded me of the fate of Versus, so I switched it to Bahamut(Final Fantasy X potrait), he is one of my all time favorite summons and I look forward to seeing his terations in every Final Fantasy game that comes out.

Grimoire
12th Jun 2012, 03:18
Teleport? Ace?

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 12:47
Question: Of all the avatars you have seen on this site so far, which one is your favourite (apart from your own)?

DerekMaverick
21st Jun 2012, 15:58
Probably Mystogan_T's. Love Mystogan from FT. (By the way, mine is Lara Croft.)

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 16:09
Probably Mystogan_T's. Love Mystogan from FT. (By the way, mine is Lara Croft.)

Good (fantastic) choice of favourite, I must say. Aye!

member_10770952
21st Jun 2012, 16:11
mine..is well. you probabaly get the idea.

DerekMaverick
21st Jun 2012, 16:19
@Grimoire

Ha! It's very enjoyable! Ebi ebi.

But there are a lot of really good avatars on Square Forums too.

Lightning_Stryker
21st Jun 2012, 16:33
I like Syn's because I'm hoping that Noctis comes out to be a cool character. He looks like he's going to be ^^

member_10770952
21st Jun 2012, 16:37
oh! i got one! mine is tidus becaue he's awsome and he drives the party to stop beliving in false teachings. and finds a way to defeat sin without anyone geting sacificed (i.e. getting killed by the new sin.) :)

member_10628951
21st Jun 2012, 19:26
Mine is Sora obviously. But it the original artwork by Tetsuya Nomura for Kingdom Hearts 2. Favorite piece of art ever.

member_10628951
21st Jun 2012, 19:28
Favorite so far is Syn and mine. Because I think Noctis is a BA character and Sora is just plain awesome in every way.

member_10829610
22nd Jun 2012, 22:52
I chose this avatar because I liked Squall in FFVIII. He was a pretty good antagonist in that game. Needless to say, his Dissidia rendition was epic.

new_tradition
23rd Jun 2012, 02:28
Kind of a related issue, so I didn't want to make a new thread, but the "Start Upload" button is grayed out for me and won't respond when I click it.

I'm inclined to think this is something on my end since I've seen many other users with their avatars in place already, but I'm not sure what the problem is :/

Also: is there a size/dimension restriction for avatars?

WhitePrism
24th Jun 2012, 18:05
Mine is just a random drawing I made a while back. Filling up the space until I have enough time to make a better one exclusively for Square Enix.

member_10073902
24th Jun 2012, 21:33
Mine's Fang, from XIII obvs. XIII is my favorite Final Fantasy and Fang is probably my favorite video game character ever. The scene my avatar is taken from was the high point of XIII for me, so yeah.

LordRoto
27th Jun 2012, 09:05
My avatar is Dragon Quest memorbelia I bought myself.

Roto's Helmet from The first 3 Dragon Quest games, and a Stuffed Watabou from Dragon Quest Monsters the game that got me into the series

member_10717863
28th Jun 2012, 13:33
Mine is a Gundam-like drawing I did in MS Paint one day (just messing around). The background is from the hubble.

new_tradition
28th Jun 2012, 14:11
Mine is FFXIII-2 Lightning, part of the cover Nomura drew for the 500th Dengeki Playstation Issue.

I've noticed for the last couple of FF games, there aren't many actual drawings to find. A lot of stuff actually released to the pulic appears to just be the CGIs.

member_10829610
28th Jun 2012, 17:08
I've noticed for the last couple of FF games, there aren't many actual drawings to find. A lot of stuff actually released to the pulic appears to just be the CGIs.

Well, there's the Amano drawings, but other than that you are right.

hmzfier
29th Jun 2012, 14:19
Hey everyone!

We&rsquo;ve included a few suggestions on choosing an avatar if you&rsquo;re still deciding on what picture to upload. Avatars help represent who you are on our forums, so maybe you can pick an image that you like and want others to see. This helps everyone connect and remember one another, so if you haven't uploaded an avatar yet, go for it!

<ul>
Do not choose inappropriate or explicit images as your avatar.
[/list]
<ul>
If you ever had a favorite character from a series, feel free to use them! A lot of avatars on the forums come from FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS.
[/list]
<ul>
See if you can choose an avatar that matches your personality.
[/list]
<ul>
Try not to change your avatar too often because other members might not recognize you.
[/list]
<ul>
You can also choose an avatar to match your username. Example: A Sephiroth avatar if your username has &ldquo;Sephiroth&rdquo; in it.
[/list]
<ul>
See if you can choose small-sized images. The smaller the image, the faster the pages will load. Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can&rsquo;t, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too.
[/list]

That's all for now. Thanks for uploading avatars to your profile!

Grimoire
29th Jun 2012, 14:30
Andy has posted the following guidelines/suggestions: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)!

Hey everyone!

We&rsquo;ve included a few suggestions on choosing an avatar if you&rsquo;re still deciding on what picture to upload. Avatars help represent who you are on our forums, so maybe you can pick an image that you like and want others to see. This helps everyone connect and remember one another, so if you haven't uploaded an avatar yet, go for it!

<ul>
Do not choose inappropriate or explicit images as your avatar.
[/list]
<ul>
If you ever had a favorite character from a series, feel free to use them! A lot of avatars on the forums come from FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS.
[/list]
<ul>
See if you can choose an avatar that matches your personality.
[/list]
<ul>
Try not to change your avatar too often because other members might not recognize you.
[/list]
<ul>
You can also choose an avatar to match your username. Example: A Sephiroth avatar if your username has &ldquo;Sephiroth&rdquo; in it.
[/list]
<ul>
See if you can choose small-sized images. The smaller the image, the faster the pages will load. Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can&rsquo;t, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too.
[/list]

That's all for now. Thanks for uploading avatars to your profile!

hmzfier
29th Jun 2012, 14:52
I chose Bass from the Megman Battle Network series (pronounced base)

If anyone has played the games or seen the show, Bass is simply too cool for school. He's one of the hardest bosses in the games, and he even deleted Megaman in the show!!! :O He's considered the "dark" version of Megaman, kind of like yin and yang. He also has really cool ears, lol.

Grimoire
29th Jun 2012, 15:09
That is one excited moderator, I must say. ^_-

Thank you for posting such great guidelines/suggestions. I am sure that it will help many members come up with a suitable avatar picture.

member_10706344
29th Jun 2012, 20:20
Well mine is Overlord Laharl from the disgaea series of strategy rpgs. He's one cool and badass character whith great powers, but also with sily and fun weakens, like be shocked and scared of gentle words hahahaha.

Grimoire
30th Jun 2012, 11:26
The old 3D avatar system won't return to this version of SEM, but it's nonetheless amazing.

FFXIII-2 - member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=3246)

FFVII - member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=3191)

member_10829610
30th Jun 2012, 11:41
Wow. I'm so jealous.

Grimoire
30th Jun 2012, 11:45
No wonder. Perhaps I should link to some of the most impressive SEM JP avatar shots here once in a while? After all, just looking at them is nice.

Zench-XIII
30th Jun 2012, 12:00
Sweet mercy!

That gallery is outstanding. Makes me wonder about the unused potential of the 3D avatars in this site.

Grimoire
30th Jun 2012, 12:30
Indeed.

Well, what's gone is gone.

Lightning_Stryker
1st Jul 2012, 07:35
That is pretty cool though, but like you said Grim what's gone is gone.

Castiel
1st Jul 2012, 17:17
I went to my Final Fantasy Pics folder, closed my eyes, and pointed. Ta-da!!

member_10328220
1st Jul 2012, 19:35
I have to say my favorite avatar so far belongs to ....... *drumroll*....... Grimoire!

Grimoire
2nd Jul 2012, 02:06
I have to say my favorite avatar so far belongs to ....... *drumroll*....... Grimoire!

Oh my, is that so? I am truly honoured. I had such a nice time drawing that particular picture.

By the way, we are not the only ones to miss the old 3D avatar system, the Japanese members who had SEM NA accounts do so too. Quoting one of them:

"I dissapionted that they think the avatar is not important.(-_-;) We miss avatars because they are "ourselves" in that kinds of Social Network site, I guess."

member_10073914
2nd Jul 2012, 05:18
Not yet approved. -_-;

Grimoire
2nd Jul 2012, 05:25
I had to wait about seven hours or so. How long have you been waiting?

member_10073914
2nd Jul 2012, 05:27
More than 48 hours.

Grimoire
2nd Jul 2012, 05:31
...perhaps it was too suggestive? Or, simply: Hen? What did you submit?

(Or maybe they just didn't have the time to approve any during the weekend.)

member_10073914
3rd Jul 2012, 08:09
I think this is indeed a suggestive avatar considering that the guy in my avatar has appetite for murder. Suggestive for violence. -_-;

Grimoire
3rd Jul 2012, 08:14
That's true. I guess my avatar, on the other hand, can be considered pretty safe, though...

member_10740464
3rd Jul 2012, 14:53
Pretty wonderful thread I must say, Grimoire! ^_^

My avatar is Ashley Riot from "Vagrant Story" ^.^

souporman
3rd Jul 2012, 20:41
Mine is Raiden from Metal Gear Solid.

member_10117879
4th Jul 2012, 10:13
me in cosplay just chose it cos it was my best pic Xd also I chose it because I miss my old avatar and i had to chose something

Silvercube
4th Jul 2012, 16:45
"Silvercube" - part of my last name, my brother thought cube was 2 in roots (when we were kids, thought we were going to create a video game company). Cube is actually 3 in roots but the name stuck.

Otherwise would have been Silversquare (which would have been ironic with Square Enix lol).

My avatar is from Lumines, which just happens to be a silver cube, and actually my avatar from Lumines and one of my favorites games.

Coincidence! :D

Grimoire
7th Jul 2012, 08:00
Impressive Japanese Avatars - Dancing Yuna

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=76947)

LinkRoxas
7th Jul 2012, 23:34
This is me, myself, and I.

Not a clone or a look-alike. The Original

member_10532555
10th Jul 2012, 16:14
Just heavely photoshoped me :)

Blaven
10th Jul 2012, 18:37
My current avatar is the blank "Sqaure Enix" banner, but I'm changing it to Glacius from the arcade fighting game "Killer Instinct".

cloud_strife
13th Jul 2012, 01:33
(I hope this is the right place to ask) I was wondering how long does it take for a moderator to approve an avatar? Yesterday I uploaded the avatar I wanted to use and I haven't heard back yet so I don't even know if it's been rejected or what. X3

hmzfier
13th Jul 2012, 13:55
Hey Cloud =)

I generally check avatars every day (including the other mods). There isn't a constant time range as to when avatars are approved but we try to approve them as fast as we can. xD

Hope that helped. Nice avatar by the way :P

cloud_strife
13th Jul 2012, 14:06
Oh, awesome! Thanks for approving and I hope I wasn't too much of a bother with my post. X3;;

And thanks~ :D

Grimoire
15th Jul 2012, 11:03
Impressive Japanese Avatar Shots - Zack, Cissnei and Tseng at the Beach

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=77813)

member_10084729
19th Jul 2012, 04:55
Mine is a fanart version of Garland.

member_10718204
19th Jul 2012, 05:54
My avatar is a Tidus fanart, just beceause his personality is very similar to mine and as for my favorite avatar on here i have to say its new_tradition beceause i've never that lighting artwork and her expression is serene.

Grimoire
19th Jul 2012, 09:49
I agree that Nomura did a fantastic job with that cover art:

semna27.webs.com/Nomura_Dengeki_500.jpg (http://semna27.webs.com/Nomura_Dengeki_500.jpg)

member_10820675
19th Jul 2012, 10:51
My avatar is a fanart version of Allen Walker from the anime series D.Gray Man, he's one of my favorite characters

sqex_3665820
19th Jul 2012, 11:23
My avatar is Zexion/Ienzo from Kingdom Hearts. I chose him because he's my favorite character, even though he barely made an apperentice in it.

member_10751449
19th Jul 2012, 11:39
Well this is a simple one. It's me =D. I choose it because I like myself. Then finally it features a black and white setting.

Grimoire
21st Jul 2012, 08:32
Impressive Japanese Avatar Shots

- Tidus & Yuna

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=78063)

- Cloud and Aerith

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=78126)

xIllusionist
22nd Jul 2012, 18:06
Mine's just Sora's hand holding the thalassa shell Kairi gave him. I chose it because it's a good illustration of Sora and Kairi's friendship (or it could be just a "friendship" for now if you know what I mean xD)

itoikenza
23rd Jul 2012, 16:11
can someone help me update my avatar? i don't see a change when i upload a pic then select it, maybe i'm selecting it wrong, help? also how do i make my signature image show?

Automaton
23rd Jul 2012, 16:51
When you upload and submit an avatar, it has to be looked over by a moderator first, so that's why it doesn't show up right away.

For signature images, you'll need to use HTML image tags.

itoikenza
23rd Jul 2012, 17:18
thanks alot. as you can see my signature is updated. but you guys sure take long to verify pics for avatar use?!

edit: thanks alot. for the update to my avatar.

member_10078668
26th Jul 2012, 15:40
For signature images, you'll need to use HTML image tags.

I used BBCode tags for my signature and they work fine as well.

Miyazaki
26th Jul 2012, 18:03
She is Terra of Final Fantasy VI, my favorite game.

Grimoire
1st Aug 2012, 09:23
Impressive Japanese Avatar SS

Rinoa: member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=78472)

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 22:10
My current one is Corvo Atano in his mask, from Dishonored. I'm working on my signature as well.

Blazica
6th Aug 2012, 13:47
can someone tell me how i can get a avatar...

member_10078668
6th Aug 2012, 14:13
Mine is a shot of my Cactuar hat during the Mikunopolis concert at Anime Expo. I was just watching someone's recorded stream of the concert and my younger sister pointed out that they got me on camera (my hat anyways). Took a screenshot and clipped my head out of the crowd (I was 10 rows from the stage).

Grimoire
6th Aug 2012, 14:16
can someone tell me how i can get a avatar...

na.square-enix.com/161927461 (/161927461)

Click SETTINGS --> CHANGE AVATAR --> UPLOAD PHOTOS --> Add from my computer (choose a .jpg picture to upload) --> START UPLOAD --> FINISHED --> SELECT PHOTO ---> And then wait for an admin to approve your avatar.

aaronwebb91
7th Aug 2012, 03:06
mines angeal hewley holding his bustersword. kinda sad he died though he was one of the better ff7 characters.

member_10431609
7th Aug 2012, 03:20
Just a cat from the Cat icon maker

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 10:53

Reeve Tuesti/Cait Sith

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=79420)

Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=79443)

member_10350758
16th Aug 2012, 10:58
Zael from The Last Story... because that's what I'm playing right now.

member_10474186
17th Aug 2012, 18:28
My avatar is Aladdin from Magi. Magi is a manga that I discovered recently. I love Magi so much.

Ehpik
17th Aug 2012, 23:30
Not sure if it even got approved or not, but if it does, it's because I'm big into graffiti and Star Wars...

Saria3
18th Aug 2012, 00:11
Mine is of Fran and Lightning from the Itadaki Street art style, I edited it myself so that they were together. Lightning and Fran are my fave FF females, I have another version where I edited in Vivi and Red XIII into the picture as well :) (my fave 4)

382Miyavi
18th Aug 2012, 09:35
Yay! This seems like a very fun question to reply to for my first posting!

My avatar, was created by a photographer friend of mine when I was modeling for him. We're both really big video game fans and we love to play shooters, rpgs and action/fighting games. So while he was changing something with his camera at the time, we were bonding and chatting it up about the latest video games we were looking forward to. While we were talking, I was playing Final Fantasy Dissida on my very very very VERY precious and beaten down Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Edition PSP, and he noticed the game I was playing and he and I got into this HUGE discussion about Square Enix games, which ones we loved and ones not so much. It was so much fun talking about it, that he wanted to start taking photos with me and my loverly PSP.

So, a couple of weeks go by and when he sent me my modeling photos, he told me he had an awesome surprise for me. That surprise ended up being this awesome photo shop edit of me with my PSP, with screencap shot of Final Fantasy XIII on it. It's still to this day, my absolutely favorite photo shop edit of me, and I display it proudly as my avatar on most fourms I'm a part of. <3

Grimoire
22nd Aug 2012, 12:04
Welcome to SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS NA, Jonella. ^_-

Rinoa & Squall

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=4409)

Zack

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=79943)

member_10120918
23rd Aug 2012, 17:37
I am using Roxas from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.

Grimoire
5th Sep 2012, 14:26

Zack

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=80295)

Squall & Rinoa

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=80429)

Grimoire
11th Sep 2012, 03:38
SEM JP - New Avatar Game Teaser Page

member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/avata... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/avatargame/)

new_tradition
11th Sep 2012, 13:23
Omg, that looks awesome *_*

Grimoire
11th Sep 2012, 13:37
Mhm...Indeed.

Current avatar games: member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/heroes/ (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/heroes/)

messias32282
12th Sep 2012, 02:09
Cloud Strife from FF7! My fave Square game! Although for some reason i cant get my avatar to actually appear on my profile.

messias32282
12th Sep 2012, 02:32
whoops didnt see that i had to wait for a moderator to ok the image lol

ZHZ90_
13th Sep 2012, 16:49
My avater is Noctis Lucis Caleam from FF Vs XIII because it my most anticipated game.

Grimoire
13th Sep 2012, 16:56
(Caelum, "Heaven")

KingdomH
13th Sep 2012, 18:47
Sora from the Kingdom Hearts Series. I chose him because I LOVE HIM! I've been his fan forever. He's amazing because he will do anything for his friends. Not only does he look beautiful, he's beautiful on the inside. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif GOT IT MEMORIZED?

member_10829610
17th Sep 2012, 15:42
My avatar is Yu Narukami/Izanagi from the Persona series. I'm anticipating their upcoming games Persona 4: The Golden & Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Grimoire
20th Sep 2012, 01:16
LEGEND WORLD - New SEM JP Avatar Game

Trailer: member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legen... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legendworld/)

FINAL FANTASY III

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=80751)

member.square-enix.com/jp/special/ff3/ (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/special/ff3/)

Grimoire
21st Sep 2012, 09:08
LEGEND WORLD - Demo

member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legen... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legendworld/)

Grimoire
13th Oct 2012, 10:00

- Grimoire, Lucrecia and Vincent.

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/snapshot/detail.php?id=82783)

Happy Birthday, Vincent Valentine.

idkbaka5
13th Oct 2012, 14:23
Mines is Zack Fair's Buster Sword in Aeris's church.

Why? because Zack is my favorite charater and that scence at the end of FFVII ACC just felt so deep to me and it had a lot of meaning. Like Aeris and Zack Were together again, and Cloud finally made things right for his past mistakes.

DOOMMonkey224
13th Oct 2012, 15:44
i chose roxas becuase he has the sadest story ... losing everything he had... even his life..... not that he knew or understode what he had

CyberOliver
22nd Nov 2012, 09:04
Man, mine is Basch Fon Ronsenberg cause he's a well known badass along wih the Excalibur sword.

Aquatrez
23rd Nov 2012, 00:47
I didn't get any message saying it needed to be approved either (maybe it didn't work with my browser or something). I'll just wait and see if it works. I'm also curious to know if there are any size/dimension restrictions though. I'm just using a tiny one right now, but if there aren't any and they are automatically scaled, then I have some other images I'd like to use!

Grimoire
23rd Nov 2012, 02:27
"See if you can choose small-sized images. The smaller the image, the faster the pages will load. Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can&rsquo;t, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too."

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29158361/)

Grimoire
23rd Nov 2012, 02:53
[Avatar is not activated] http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349/29155789/

member_10718990
23rd Nov 2012, 07:57
Mine is Jack Russell from Radiata Stories.

Diamondcutter-466901
26th Nov 2012, 20:07

Why did you choose yor avatar and what/who does it feature?

Full artwork:

Feel free to discuss the avatar system in general, as well as the SEM EU and the SEM JP avatars.

Favourite avatar? Which system do you prefer?

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)[/url][url="/go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions"] (/go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)!? (/go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)

-Do not choose inappropriate or explicit images as your avatar.

-If you ever had a favorite character from a series, feel free to use them! A lot of avatars on the forums come from FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS.

-See if you can choose an avatar that matches your personality.

-Try not to change your avatar too often because other members might not recognize you.

-You can also choose an avatar to match your username. Example: A Sephiroth avatar if your username has &ldquo;Sephiroth&rdquo; in it.

-See if you can choose small-sized images. The smaller the image, the faster the pages will load. Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can&rsquo;t, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too.

3D avatar (quoting Mr. Peeler):

"While I understand there are users who miss the old avatar format, we have no plans to return to the previous system."

Hey guys and gals im new to these boards/forums and was wondering if you could help me out. I keep trying to change my avatar to a pic of doctor doom that i have on my pc but i cant get it to work. I uploaded it easily but cant figure out how to get it to show in my profile. Right now I have the default square enix logo showing.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

Diamondcutter-466901
26th Nov 2012, 20:09
AHahAHAhhHAHh nevermind guys Doom is in the building. I didnt realize it took a while to register.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Diamondcutter-466901
26th Nov 2012, 20:14
BTW awesome avatars guys and gals sorry I dont have a square or other videogame one like u but im a rebel. Also I like comic books a lot and really like the music of MF DOOM.

WhitePrism
28th Nov 2012, 22:17
The old 3D avatar system won't return to this version of SEM, but it's nonetheless amazing.

FFXIII-2 - member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=3246)

FFVII - member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=3191)

It's what made Square Enix membership so unique and worth coming back for to me. I liked customizing my avatar... it's a shame I didn't retain a image of my avatar before they took it down. Oh, and changing my own avatar to something more Square Enix themed soon...maybe...:)

WhitePrism
29th Nov 2012, 22:25
Well, if any of you have seen me before, you might notice I changed my avatar to fit Square Enix a bit more... though crudely I must admit. The white mage... for some reason she kinda looks wicked... kinda villainous. :o Rest assured I did not intend for it to look that way. Once I get a license of 3DS Max, I will make a better white mage avatar with hopefully better quality. I'm terrible either way, but hopefully it will be shiny. :D

About the avatar: She is obviously a white mage, but fan-based on a series I call Dream Rise. Kinda like the Final Fantasy series in that there are some from that series such as white mage. The main difference is it's more sequential based and not randomly taking place in other worlds like Final Fantasy does, and it focuses on Pearls in place of Crystals... representing stagnation instead of change, and yet something more. The series also starts in reverse, from the end to the beginning. But eh, I doubt anyone's interested in my side series... so let's get back onto the main topic!

Discuss if you've made a new avatar recently and what it means to you.

member_10349427
1st Dec 2012, 17:13
My avatar is of my favorite anime, Zetman!

picamaispi29
1st Dec 2012, 20:49
My avatar is the keyblade graveyard from Kingdom Hearts. I love KH and thought that the pic was cool.

Grimoire
5th Dec 2012, 11:34
LEGEND WORLD - Update

member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legen... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legendworld/news/?sscl=toptxt_lw1205)

CraigTwinCities
10th Dec 2012, 03:41
All I know is no matter what photo I try to upload, the site tells me I can't use it. It doesn't show up at all.

Grimoire
15th Dec 2012, 02:59
[General Questions and Help (/go/thread/view/139231/29308907/General_Questions_and_Help)]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29209399/Avatar_Suggestions)

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29158361/)

<strong style="color: #808080;">---How do I add an avatar?[/b]

Click SETTINGS --> CHANGE AVATAR --> UPLOAD PHOTOS --> Add from my computer (choose a .jpg picture)--> START UPLOAD --> FINISHED --> SELECT PHOTO ---> And then wait for an admin to approve your avatar.

---Size restrictions?

MikuruX
18th Dec 2012, 03:28
LEGEND WORLD - Update

member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legen... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legendworld/news/?sscl=toptxt_lw1205)

Looking at that really makes me wish the old 3D avatar system was back here but I guess we wont see that no more unless Square-Enix thinks otherwise. *sigh*

Anyway, my avatar is from my character in Final Fantasy XIV "Mikuru Atlasia".

ciara8184
23rd Dec 2012, 08:57
How can i update my avatar? I tried, but it didn't work :(

cool games (http://www.orcpad.com)

ciara8184
23rd Dec 2012, 09:16
I think i did it! I just have to wait for admins to approve it http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

cool free games (http://www.orcpad.com)

Grimoire
26th Dec 2012, 03:18
LEGEND WORLD - Closed Beta

member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legen... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legendworld/news/20121226.php?sscl=toptxt_lw1226)

Grimoire
4th Jan 2013, 03:28
New Square Enix Game For Diehard Fans Has A Mashup Of Final Fantasy Monsters

www.siliconera.com/2013/01/04/new-square... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/04/new-square-enix-game-for-diehard-fans-has-a-mashup-of-final-fantasy-monsters/)

Kudaj
6th Jan 2013, 12:06
Caius cause' he's the man.

moooka
7th Jan 2013, 02:16
Serge of Chrono Cross, I love that game so much.

FantasyFinale12
29th Jan 2013, 17:10
Currently my avatar pic is a black and white photo of Light. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif I tend to change my avatar fairly often sometimes though, there's a whole arsenal of pics for me to choose from which feature Light as well (and other characters, etc, like a chocobo chick).

member_10706996
30th Jan 2013, 01:24
My avatar is actually me stylized in Kingdom Hearts Mobile form. Most of the staff at KHInsider have their avatars like this to go along with their little personal bios. I'm a News Translator and Graphics Manager for KHInsider.

ThatDudeJohn
30th Jan 2013, 02:30
Mine is Shepard from Mass Effect 3 making a face of pure shock at a joke made by the ship's AI. It's priceless.

kratoscar2008
6th Feb 2013, 01:47
The Demi-Urge from SMT series, he is the God that kicked out Adam and Eve, basically he is the old testament God so if God is being a **** in the bible its probably the Demi-Urge.

KIEI916
6th Feb 2013, 03:58
Mine is Sora from Kh. I drew the pic with pencil and then colored the eye's give it some life. Sora's not my fav kh character, but he is the center of the story so I figured he'd do for a while ^ ^

Crystal_Power
25th Feb 2013, 21:13
First I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, but when I try to upload an avatar it say's Error. Is there a size limit the avatar must be in order to upload? I'd appriciate any help, please.

Grimoire
26th Feb 2013, 02:26
[Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can&rsquo;t, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too.]

Try uploading a 125 x 127 pixels .jpg picture. If there are still any issues, contact [SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service]

support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=495&la=1)

Crystal_Power
26th Feb 2013, 21:32
Thank You, unfortunately I cannot stil upload an avatar. I will contact SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service for futher help.

member_10146811
26th Feb 2013, 21:49
It won't let me change my avatar either. It says to "select a picture" then when I click on it, the page goes back to my main page.

Grimoire
27th Feb 2013, 17:09
Have you tried a different web browser?

Grimoire
28th Feb 2013, 02:04
LEGEND WORLD - Closed Beta avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/... (http://avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/legendworld/)

Crystal_Power
2nd Mar 2013, 21:07
I still cannot upload an avatar. I'v tired different sizes, differnt images with no luck and I can't contact SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service. It's say "Please fill out the missing information" and where it say's "Contact Sub-category" all I can select is "Please select" there's nothing else there to choose...

Grimoire
3rd Mar 2013, 01:21
Actually, I once had the same problem (malfunctioning sub-categoiries). Try another catetegory/subject.

TetsuoTen
6th Mar 2013, 09:16
< Sora, my favorite game character of all time. I always thought he looked pretty cool in this photo.

bigtakilla
6th Mar 2013, 10:44
Mine's of Riku from the Kingdom Hearts series. I chose him because not only can he kick everyones ass, he can do it blindfolded. Lol.

member_10198928
6th Mar 2013, 10:58
My avatar is, well, me. I'm a firefighter. I just put out a small fire when it was insanely hot outside and was sitting down because I was exhausted. Nothing special.

Crystal_Power
6th Mar 2013, 14:42
I've contacted SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service, among the many things the suggest they suggested that I try a differnet browser. With that I was able to upload the photo but now I'm not sure how I'm suppose to make this photo my avatar? Any help would be appriciated.

EDIT: I now see I have to have th photo reviewed by an moderator.

member_10012998
7th Mar 2013, 14:29
As of right now my avatar is of Wolverine from Marvel Comics. I might change it but Wolverine is like my favorite character ever.

member_10146811
7th Mar 2013, 14:35
Terra from FF VI because she is my favorite character of all time! Half esper FTW! lol

saki.a.watari
13th Mar 2013, 23:31
I'm not really sure I count because I literally JUST joined a few hours ago but my current avatar is my dog. I'll likely change it soon but I can't think of any characters that suit my personality at the moment...

Grimoire
14th Mar 2013, 05:03
LEGEND WORLD - Pre-register and receive a Vaan Orb

avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/... (http://avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/legendworld/register)

Squall-Nathan
14th Mar 2013, 21:33
Wait so avatars might return from the old group days? I haven't been here in over a year...what news did I miss regarding the features of the site?

Grimoire
15th Mar 2013, 04:27
There are currently no official plans for an overseas release of Legend World, nor for bringing back the old 3D avatar system.

LEGEND WORLD - Introduction Video

avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/... (http://avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/legendworld/)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMS0ZkzPtB8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMS0ZkzPtB8)

bryan.c.roderick
15th Mar 2013, 09:58
Me!

16th Mar 2013, 00:11
quezacotl form ff8... because he/she is long forgotten

Grimoire
5th Apr 2013, 03:12
LEGEND WORLD Open Beta - April 11 - April 15 avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/... (http://avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/legendworld/info/)

Grimoire
6th Apr 2013, 01:52
More Final Fantasy Monsters Gather For Square Enix: Legend World (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/05/more-final-fantasy-monsters-gather-for-square-enix-legend-world/)

Frogg
8th Apr 2013, 15:36
I chose this guy because I am missing my right eye and because we are both very misunderstood.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

member_10690369
8th Apr 2013, 16:09
Mine is Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. I cropped this out of a official wallpaper from the Itadaki (? Spelling) Street Portable (PSP) (Japan Only) website which features characters from both the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series.

Grimoire
11th Apr 2013, 04:57
LEGEND WORLD - Open Beta avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/... (http://avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/sqex_lw/)

Celcius
13th Apr 2013, 19:19
I chose Iron Man because he's my favorite Avenger.

Grimoire
22nd Apr 2013, 01:08
LEGEND WORLD blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/ (http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/)

Kuroregal
30th Apr 2013, 01:15
My avatar is me cosplaying as Final Fantasy character Noctis.

I'm quite content with the avatar feature on these forums.

Grimoire
30th May 2013, 08:18
LEGEND WORLD - TYPE-0 Campaign

blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/2... (http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/2013/05/final-fantasy.html)

blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/2... (http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/2013/05/post-25.html)

Crystal_Power
2nd Jun 2013, 16:58
I'm sure most (if not all) of you know who my Avatar is. I love Aerith and wish she didn't go through what she did during the event's of Final Fantasy VII.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2013, 05:36
LEGEND WORLD
-Imaginary Range Event
avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/... (http://avatar.member.jp.square-enix.com/avatar/sqex_lw/?smmp0628)
blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/2... (http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/sqex_lw/topics/2013/06/post-37.html)

Sanguise23
17th Apr 2014, 13:29
can i upload a profile picture...if so how? dont see the option nm figured it out

ripax11
26th Jun 2014, 00:27
I'd change a bit, Miwa still from FF Type-0 manga.

Arkghyom
26th Jun 2014, 21:26
I still need to upload mine. o3o

Navarrette
26th Jun 2014, 22:07
How do you get to change your avatar? i wont show on mine?

Grimoire
26th Jun 2014, 22:32
See FAQ (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_avatars).

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Aug 2014, 04:36
on my se acc theres a pic but not my forum page, i've looked all over icant figure it out please help me and many other people out

Grimoire
22nd Aug 2014, 09:55
FAQ: Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_avatars).

EyeOfStone
3rd Apr 2015, 09:53
How the heck do I set my profile picture and signature? I go to "Settings" only to find basic things such as: Name, Email, Password Reset, etc.

Help much appreciated, new to the Square Enix forums. Thanks!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Apr 2015, 11:45
As an anti-spam measure, the forum has disabled certain features for "new" members.
Images may only be inserted into signatures with the [sigimage] tags and need to be validated first.
See FAQs here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/faq.php

Once qualified as a member, just go to your user CP to make changes.
Click on the "Forum Settings" tab located at the top of the forum page and you will see the "User Control Panel" and a further list where you can edit your profile picture, avatar and signature.

Have fun!
Any further questions, just ask. :thumbsup:

iWant2MarryLightning
14th May 2015, 11:50
Well it was Lightning, but they removed her avatar from the list. :hmm: