PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu Lists The 30 Most Wanted Video Games Of 2013 In Japan

member_10628951
14th Jan 2013, 08:11
Of the Square Enix games it goes in this order:

2. Dragon Quest VII
13. Final Fantasy X HD
14. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
16. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
21. Dragon Quest X
23. The Last Remnant (PS3)

Source: mynintendonews.com/2013/01/14/famitsu-li... (http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/14/famitsu-lists-the-30-most-wanted-video-games-of-2013-in-japan/)

moooka
14th Jan 2013, 10:35
The Last Remnant is already available for the Xbox and PC. Don't know why the Japanese are insisting on the PS3 ver that was informally cancelled.

Anyway, my most wanted games from that list: Dragon Quest VII, Metal Gear Rising, Grand Theft Auto V, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Lightning Returns. Tales of Hearts and Shining Ark look amazing but I doubt we'll get them, especially Shining Ark.

member_10628951
14th Jan 2013, 11:10
I just makes me smile to see Versus XIII so high (and above LR ;p).

Automaton
14th Jan 2013, 14:29
The Last Remnant is already available for the Xbox and PC. Don't know why the Japanese are insisting on the PS3 ver that was informally cancelled.

Probably (from my conjecture, anyway) because the PS3 enjoys much more popularity in Japan than the XB360, and PC gaming there skews more towards online browser games than bigger things like this.

member_10751449
15th Jan 2013, 07:40

Anyway, my most wanted games from that list: Dragon Quest VII, Metal Gear Rising, Grand Theft Auto V, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Lightning Returns. Tales of Hearts and Shining Ark look amazing but I doubt we'll get them, especially Shining Ark.

The xbox brand is not popular in Japan. The game can't be played if no one is willing to buy the system. More of a culture thing I'm guessing. Really dominate here in the States though. I think xbox sold about 2 million in jpn and the xbox 360 between 1.5 mill to 3. I basically agree with Orichalcum+.

Out of that list defintely looking forward to lightning returns, versus, ffx HD. Even though it would be lovely if FFx-2 got the same treatment with the international version getting the upgrade.

new_tradition
15th Jan 2013, 21:10
I was really bitter about Last Remnant not coming to PS3 for a long time. It was one of the first "next gen" RPGs I was excited for, and it probably would've given me reason enough to buy a PS3 sooner than FFXIII. As others mentioned, PS3 has a larger install base in Japan than the XBOX 360, and for my own conjecture, RPGs seem to be one of the top genres in that region. It would've made sense IMO for it have been on PS3. I'm positive it would've sold well enough to have been worth the port over to PS3.

If they announced it for PS3 (or maybe a PSN release?), I'd buy it even now. But I wouldn't expect it *sighs*

---

I'm surprised FFX HD ranks so high O.O