PDA

View Full Version : Anachronox on Steam?

qptainNemo
13th Jan 2013, 20:38
Hello Square Enix.

I'd like to suggest to you to release Anachronox on Steam. You've already released it on GOG, and seeing how you released even the first Tomb Rider games on Steam now, it wouldn't be a stretch of imagination to expect you to release this masterpiece on Steam as well. Many people, myself included would buy it on day one without second thought.

While we're at it, I'd also like to boldly propose you to give back the Anachronox IP to Tom Hall. Yeah, I realize, that unlike my first suggestion, this is hardly a little thing to ask. But let's be honest here. Tom Hall made an absolutely mindblowing game and he could make another one. You gain absolutely nothing from sitting on the IP. Except preventing the designer and the fans from seeing the continuation of their much beloved game. You could take it in your own hands and make a sequel, but believe me, you shouldn't try, or rather you mustn't. Now, if you gave the rights back to Tom Hall you'd at least do a great deed, enable some another great game to happen and get amazing publicity for doing so. But if that's not good enough, if you think you can't do that, if you absolutlely must profit from everything as much as conceivably possible, at least offer Tom Hall some fair deal, some deal he'd accept. Do something to make it happen. If you don't have time or resources to bother with this, it just proves my point: you don't really need this IP. Give it to somebody who does. As much as it pains me to admit, I'm begging you.

Thank you for your time. I tried to pick the most appropriate forum section for this post. I apologize if I picked the wrong one, feel free to move this to the appropriate section.

moooka
14th Jan 2013, 01:28
I never heard of it, but it looks interesting.