PDA

View Full Version : Important

Lady in Black
25th Oct 2002, 15:47
I have a 2 questions for everyone.
What would you do if everybody in the forums started to fight one and another over one subject?

What would you call a bigger stress? The move date for Tomb Raider or if everyone around the world starts to agrue over 1 subject that's completely stupid?

I know you guys might think that posting this is ridiculious, but after my experience being here I would like to know.

P.S. to moderators: I'm going to post this at every Tomb Raider post areas so everyone could see this.

DaveJ
25th Oct 2002, 15:51
1. It has frequently happened. Its hard to find one subject that EVERY SINGLE member would get inflamed over...but oh my....the fights we have seen.....

2. Nothing matters that much. If it does....step away from the screen and put the kettle on.

Lady in Black
25th Oct 2002, 15:54
Originally posted by DaveJ
1. It has frequently happened. Its hard to find one subject that EVERY SINGLE member would get inflamed over...but oh my....the fights we have seen.....
That's exactly the point, nobody can get along with each other. That really bugs me because the forums aren't here to have agruments with one and another.

DaveJ
25th Oct 2002, 15:59
There are no arguments here at the moment...don't confuse disagreements or opposing points of view with arguments.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Forums are for discussion...have been for centuries...and those discussions rarely embrace only one side of an opinion.

Lady in Black
25th Oct 2002, 16:04
You call a disagreement a molehill???
Whenever anyone disagrees with one and another it always becomes the NEW CIVIL WAR! Take our disagreement with Lara having a daughter example, remember how that ended up to be like?! If that wasn't a fight, I don't want to know what you would call a fight.:eek:

DaveJ
25th Oct 2002, 16:07
You are way too sensitive.

What we call a fight around here would be the likes of the TR Chronicles demo debate a couple of years ago...that one got nasty...resulted in a banning or two if I remember rightly.

At the moment it seems you get worked up too easily over nothing.

Chill.

Lady in Black
25th Oct 2002, 16:28
You know what just forget it. Sorry for trying to bring out my opinion. Please somebody close this thread.

DaveJ
25th Oct 2002, 17:46
Originally posted by Lady in Black
If that wasn't a fight, I don't want to know what you would call a fight.:eek:

You're quite right....you don't.

You asked two questions, I answered them. Sorry if they weren't to your satisfaction, or what you wanted to hear...but I was being totally honest.

If you think the recent disagreements over the delay of AoD constitute an argument you really are in for a shock when one does happen. (Like the afore-mentioned TRC demo fiasco....that was an argument! Maybe its just as well you weren't here to see it, considering how much the current "crisis" has upset you.)

Its a forum....discussions are inevitable. If you start a thread making a point, you are immmediately inviting people to do one of three things:

a: Agree with you, and perhaps explain why.

b: Disagree with you and hopefully explain why.

c: Ignore you completely.

But if you are going to wail every time two people have opposing POV's here, you are in for a lot of upset.

This is a good thread...don't give up on it so easily just because someone disagrees with you....especially if its me.
;)

Data
25th Oct 2002, 20:04
What would you do if everybody in the forums started to fight one and another over one subject?

It would not happen here; we have plenty of contingency plans in operation. ;)

What would you call a bigger stress? The move date for Tomb Raider or if everyone around the world starts to argue over 1 subject that's completely stupid?

If anyone suffered stress as a result of Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness taking longer than expected; they would do better to get out into the fresh air, however, if it were over a frivolous argument, they would do better to get out into the fresh air. ;)

THE True Lara
25th Oct 2002, 22:47
Originally posted by DaveJ
Nothing matters that much. If it does....step away from the screen and put the kettle on.

Diamond
26th Oct 2002, 01:55
LIB Please! Take a deeeeeep breath!:rolleyes:

Driber
26th Oct 2002, 08:55
Lady In Black, I already deleted your first thread here due to spamming, stop making new ones or I will take it to the next level.

topic CLOSED.