PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Burma - XBOX

Ziggy
25th Oct 2002, 15:45
I have eliminated all enemies and searched all visible rooms.

1. There is no Burka to be found.
2. There is no fat man.

The game system hints at locations, but there is no one there.

In the cave for the Burka release there are only allied soldiers which you cannot communicate with.

In the lower rooms where it indicates the fat man is, there is only a local that you cannot communicate with. I destroyed the barrels to no effect.

Am I missing something?

I did search the FAQ and the posts first but found nothing about this.

Mike_B
25th Oct 2002, 16:11
The Ghurka's (or the allied soldiers) are in the sewers. Normaly you should be able to communicate with the fat man by shift-clicking on him. Though, I don't know which button on the Xbox replaces the shift button.

Ziggy
25th Oct 2002, 16:15
Unfortunately, I have tried all buttons on the XBOX controller with all characters at my disposal.

Xcom
25th Oct 2002, 16:33
We are not very familiar with xbox version but there must be a way. Get very close to a ghurka and try pressing some buttons. Also check out the manual (the did release manual with xbox version, didn't they :D ). Perhaps it mentions something about selecting allied troops.

Edit:

Btw, did you give at least one of them a rifle? (I dunno if you can pick up rifles from dead soldiers in Xbox version.)

Ziggy
25th Oct 2002, 17:01
Good idea. There is a shadow of a rifle in their backpack. I'll try that.

Now on to getting the fat man to communicate.....
(I'l check the manual for any other hints on communicating with allies.)

Longshot
25th Oct 2002, 22:12
I wonder if Burma for the Xbox has the same bug in it that the PC version has? ;)

1shot1kill
26th Oct 2002, 03:14
What bug?

Longshot
26th Oct 2002, 06:26
The standing on the bridge, in the tyrant's FOV, so he'll come running out and you can kill him without the invasion bug. :)

Ziggy
28th Oct 2002, 15:52
This forum is great. Your assistance has helped alot.

Here's what happened.

1. The instructions for selecting and controlling allied troops was not clear, (It would probably help if I could read). Finally after stumbling around I found the series of selection buttons to push to make it all happen correctly. (all the time wishing I had the PC version)

2. So much for the Tyrant. I happen to place my men in a position on the balconies and the fight was completely over in about 4 seconds. I was still fumbling around with Duke when it happened.

3. There is not a bug in the XBOX for the Burma mission. However, it is important to save often. I have been having issues with the system freezing up after a few hours of play. You will know it's happening when the CD starts buzzing.

I bought Commando 2 because I heard it took an extremely long time to play. Now that I have the hang of it, it has been a sweet experience...I'm hooked.

Again, thanks for your quick replys.

ragsy
29th Oct 2002, 00:04
Originally posted by Longshot
The standing on the bridge, in the tyrant's FOV, so he'll come running out and you can kill him without the invasion bug. :)

Are you saying that the tyrant can see you if you walk on the bridge and he comes running out without his army?

Can you get the view cone showing?

Longshot
29th Oct 2002, 01:17
Originally posted by ragsy

Are you saying that the tyrant can see you if you walk on the bridge and he comes running out without his army?

Can you get the view cone showing?

Yes that's what I'm saying. :D

you can't put the vision cone on him but if you stand on the bridge in the right spot, you'll see that blue line that comes up when someone sees you, then the blue line turns red if you stand there long enough, and if you get down after that and crawl away the guy will come running out without his men.

ragsy
29th Oct 2002, 07:21
thanks Longshot

Ya learn somthin' every day round here :D

I must give that a try

4Eyes
31st Oct 2002, 14:26
I read about that trick somewhere, but I haven't tried it.

However, to complete the mission, you still have to order the Ghurka to operate the radio, so the invasion force will eventually arive anyway.

But why kill the entire force? Just put Duke in the lantarn post and snipe one enemy to have to Tyrant step out of his car, then shoot him with a second bullet. Climb back down quickly and get Duke inside the barge with everyone else.

1shot1kill
31st Oct 2002, 14:56
You can even do it with only killing the tyrant, just put the tripwire on the bridge and as soon as a soldiers trips he will get out of his car.

Longshot
31st Oct 2002, 20:27
Originally posted by 4Eyes
However, to complete the mission, you still have to order the Ghurka to operate the radio, so the invasion force will eventually arive anyway.

I guess you didn't read it right where you read it before or they didn't post it the way a few of us already know.

Right at the start of the mission head east to the bridge, get Lupin to climb up and lower the ladder. Have everyone else climb up the ladder to the bridge.

Now get everyone to crawl except Lupin. Turn the map one to the left or right. Have Lupin run to where the tyrant comes from, a blue line should appear and it should turn red. When it turn red run back to where the other Commandos are and wait for the tyrant to come running out all by himself. Now simple shoot him.

After killing all the snipers in the buildings, simply sneak around the statue. Lower the ladder to get down to steps where the spiritual lead is waiting and go talk to him. While you’re doing this someone else can head up that long ladder leading up to the top of the building next to where the spiritual leader is. Go down the ladder until you get into the sewer and talk to the Ghurka. He'll tell you something and then just leave him there.

Now bring everyone back to the statue and sneak around to the bridge, get in the boat and your done.

I think my best time for this mission is just under 9 minutes, and that doing it this way.

4Eyes
1st Nov 2002, 08:00
But isn't it an objective to 'order the Ghurka to operate the radio' ? I thought you had to complete it before you can complete the mission. Perhaps I'm wrong. Is it a secondary objective?

Anyway, I always complete every objective and clue, but thanks for the tips. I'll try them out sometime.

Longshot
1st Nov 2002, 20:12
Yeah I think that's a secondary objective.

Once you've completed the game getting all the bonus books and doing all the secondary objectives there's really no point in playing it the same way again your 2nd or 3rd time through. So you have to come up with new and different ways of playing the game so it doesn't become boring.

The way I describe is only one way to do the mission there are many other ways.

4Eyes
4th Nov 2002, 08:10
Of course, but that's the whole point of games like commandos, right? There being more than one way to tackle a certain objective or mission.