PDA

View Full Version : Question about hiding bodies

4Eyes
25th Oct 2002, 12:30
When you knock a guard unconscious and tie him up, then throw him in the water, does it count negatively towards your 'neutralized enemy w/o killing' rank?

I mean, if you drop an enemy soldier without his uniform in the icy waters of, say Operation: White Death, he'd die, right? and there's no way to get the corpse/unconscious guard out again.

Just curious.

BTW: Who else thinks the rifle you can take from the enemy is way too good. I once shot 6 guards all coming to investigate the body of a seventh.

1shot1kill
25th Oct 2002, 14:09
It probably does not count as a kill. And stay away from using the guns a muhc as you can. ;)

Yakkalot
25th Oct 2002, 20:30
Are you talking about the PC version?

And What difficuly level?

The guns on V.Hard are near useless.

BTW, ignore anything 1shot tells you ;)

1shot1kill
26th Oct 2002, 03:19
Originally posted by Yakkalot
BTW, ignore anything 1shot tells you ;)

I could say the same about you... :p

4Eyes
26th Oct 2002, 05:40
I'm just playing normal difficulty

I had the game for a while, but never finished it yet. So that's what I'm trying to do now.

On normal difficulty, the rifle is a single-shot-kill, and I think that's pretty good, especially if you're around a corner and the enemies keep running towards where they think you are. I had that in Target: Burma, like I said, I shot 7 guards in a row.

Yakkalot
26th Oct 2002, 06:31
Originally posted by 1shot1kill

I could say the same about you... :p

But what I have to say is worth listening to my Flemmish friend... ;)

On normal difficulty, the rifle is a single-shot-kill, and I think that's pretty good, especially if you're around a corner and the enemies keep running towards where they think you are. I had that in Target: Burma, like I said, I shot 7 guards in a row.

It sounds like you've been playing too many FPS's like MOHAA and RTCW :)

Your average WWII rifle could take down a grizzly bear with one shot. ;)

The problem is they fire too fast for a bolt action rifle on "normal" difficulty...

4Eyes
28th Oct 2002, 07:52
I don't know what RTCW stands for, but I can assure you that I have never even played any of the Medal of Honor games at all. (just watched a friend playing Frontline on PS2 once). Until recently, my computer wasn't fast enough to play such games (I had a PII 233 back then. I think my P3 500 should do the trick though).

Also, did anyone notice that the enemies are all complete nicotine addicts? They don't notice you crawling around at the very edge of their 'far vision' but throw a pack of cigarettes there and watch them walk all the way over to inspect it. If I were the enemy general, I'd include cigarettes in the standard soldier equipment, that way the enemy couldn't lure them away so easily. :)

Yakkalot
28th Oct 2002, 16:16
Also, did anyone notice that the enemies are all complete nicotine addicts?

Oh dear God, please don't get Iakovos started on that again...

:p

4Eyes
29th Oct 2002, 07:51
OK, I figured out the answer to my initial question myself. After dumping about three quarters of the entire Japanese population in Target: Burma in the canal after having tied them up, I still got a very high ranking in both 'Neutralized enemies w/o shooting' & 'neutralized enemies w/o killing'.

So dumping them in the water, where they become totally inaccessible, does NOT equal killing them.

And about the cigarettes: Why? What did Iakovos say about it that is so bad? I'm pretty new to the Commandos forums so I missed that.

BTW, the enemies are pretty much alcoholics, as well. Perhaps a group meeting of the AAFSE (Alcoholics Anonymous for Stupid Enemies) might be useful? Then again, maybe not, because the game would become much more difficult.

ragsy
29th Oct 2002, 23:41
Originally posted by 4Eyes

And about the cigarettes: Why? What did Iakovos say about it that is so bad? I'm pretty new to the Commandos forums so I missed that.

You know what they say - Reformed Smokers are the worst at dealing with other smokers :D

4Eyes
31st Oct 2002, 07:50
I see...