PDA

View Full Version : Props to "mad dog" for The Mages Area!!!

Speedy[143]
23rd Oct 2002, 18:40
WOW for an FM made in January of 2000 I was really impressed AND challenged!!!!!!!:D

Very difficult but worth the time and effort... I made many wrong choices and had to reload... got a little frustrated a few times but would recommend playing it IF you love a real challenge:cool:

My stats: Expert, 1hr 55 mins. loot.... 2032/2522

Thanks mad dog:D

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
23rd Oct 2002, 18:54
Yeah, I didn't care for that one at first, but enjoyed it more the second time around....especially when I got the haunt and guards to fight each other in the town (near the beginning). Did you discover the secret of the pool table? :)

yubetcha
23rd Oct 2002, 18:58
BTW, Mad God (not Dog) made a second one, but I can't remember offhand what it was called. I'll have to look for it tonight when I get home. Try that one too. Perhaps a search for 'Mad God' would find it, I dunno.

Speedy[143]
23rd Oct 2002, 19:27
Actually I reverse numbers all the time but not letters I wonder if there's a term for that:confused:

There's no town, guards, or pool table in this FM Yubetcha... you must have it confused with another.... I can't remember the name of it off hand but I played it several weeks ago too.

The Mages Area is an un-dead people type, lots of undead and only one human (according to the author).... with puzzles to solve and ledges to jump.... spiders and hidden levers that have to be pulled in the proper sequence... it's one of the hardest FMs I've played but lots of fun fUN FUN!!!!!!!!!! :D

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
23rd Oct 2002, 20:36
oops! I think I was confused. The one I'm thinking about is the SECOND one. There is action from the moment you load the mission. I'll have to let ya know what it is in about an hour or so. :).

yubetcha
23rd Oct 2002, 22:10
Speedy, I just saw his second mission over at Cheap Mission Downloads. It may be at komag's site, too. I dunno. But anyway, it's called Events at High Rock. Try it.

clayman
24th Oct 2002, 02:54
Events at Highrock is much more accessible and less buggy than Mages Area. Both are extremely hard, but playable. I have a grudging respect for Mad God and his difficult puzzles and traps. But he's not on my Billboard Hot 100 Replay List. ;) :)