PDA

View Full Version : RPG Ideas

JSWY
23rd Oct 2002, 07:42
Alright, my application didn't go through, but, I think we need to gather ideas for another RPG, one that doesn't fall apart. Remember, Station Life didn't fall apart due to anarchy, it just died.

Any ideas should be put forward to be considered ;)

Davidg
23rd Oct 2002, 22:07
I have an Idea! What about just a blank RPG where we make our own story as we go along?

JSWY
23rd Oct 2002, 22:45
Originally posted by Davidg
I have an Idea! What about just a blank RPG where we make our own story as we go along?

Anarchy...We need somewhere to fight, I always had the idea of universes with different laws of physics, a kind of natural rule.

Davidg
24th Oct 2002, 00:04
I think we should use the current universe. They way my idea works: Each player has a set of goals :ie destroy a certain planet. All players try to achive their goals, and in the process the story unfolds. This could be a "permenant" rpg that lasts for as long as the community does as long as people make up new goals along the way.

JSWY
24th Oct 2002, 10:32
I think that the universe we play in should be persistent, the players can fight each other, within reason and the GM should inject events into it, which can be solved through any method. RPG: Station Life relied on Action around the Waystation and PvP combat between huge space fleets. Of course, power has got to certain people ho then try to rule the RPG, it should be balanced as possible.

Sunrise
29th Oct 2002, 20:46
I think davidg idea is brilliant because the game would never end and every time the story seemed to go downhill a new crissis could arise.

Medical Grey
4th Nov 2002, 07:13
Just post on mine. I am the overlord of the Rpgs. I will not let mine fall apart.

JSWY
4th Nov 2002, 14:31
Originally posted by Medical Grey
Just post on mine. I am the overlord of the Rpgs. I will not let mine fall apart.

However, too much control, is also a bad thing :D

Medical Grey
5th Nov 2002, 07:55
Get off my back JSWY. You do realise that i may have the flu or have been raiding cocktail cabinets the same time! So remember when i had the Rpg that reached 101 posts.

JSWY
5th Nov 2002, 08:48
Originally posted by Medical Grey
Get off my back JSWY. You do realise that i may have the flu or have been raiding cocktail cabinets the same time! So remember when i had the Rpg that reached 101 posts.

Ah, I had one that went to 501+ posts, eat that :p

Arctic_Wolf
6th Nov 2002, 20:34
Only because I messed it up :D

They have come.

Arctic_Wolf
6th Nov 2002, 20:41
Maybe we should have an RPG in peace time for once. With new characters, new ships and the like. Were our only enemies are spacial anomalies and natural disasters, maybe the odd disbanding of a pirate consolate or two to spice things up.

JSWY
7th Nov 2002, 11:32
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
Only because I messed it up :D

They have come.

Hey, the they was the thing that started the war, you didn't mess it up, you were one of the original starters ;)

Senor
23rd Nov 2002, 15:19
And i was a silly little extra:(