PDA

View Full Version : About commando's 2

SuperChimp™
22nd Oct 2002, 22:53
no offence, but it's crap, i was pretty disappointed when i bought it. the graphics are blurry and its hard to make out certain objects and stuff. the backgrounds are ok, but theyre too solid and non- interactive. the View is annoying, and its hard to tell which way a guard iffacing without the view indicator thing on, which ruins the stealth atmosphere, 'cos you can tell exactly which way he is facing and what he is gonna do. its also stupid that certain characters can't use certain guns, I mean, anyone can pull a trigger, even a shrimpy thief... and don't bother trying to say "it would slow hi mdown" "its too big and not stealthy" 'cos you should be able to choose whether you want to be stealthy or not, right? aint that what it says on the box? it was rated 8, i would give it 3.

1shot1kill
22nd Oct 2002, 23:03
What resolution are you playing on? And if all commandos could do the sme there would be no need to haev 5 ppl on a mission, the special abilities they got are what makes this game fun.

ragsy
22nd Oct 2002, 23:39
Originally posted by SuperChimp™
no offence, but it's crap,

None taken, thats your opinion and your entitled to it

i was pretty disappointed when i bought it. the graphics are blurry and its hard to make out certain objects and stuff. the backgrounds are ok, but theyre too solid and non- interactive.

Perhaps your system is not functioning properly, The graphic detail quality is some of these best I've seen, and I've not had any trouble recognising things. The non-destructable environment is not particularly important, nor is it completely undestructable, some buildings definately take damage although you need a tank or explosives to do it.

As far as interactive.. You interact with buildings inside and out, there are switches, boxes gun turrets

the View is annoying, and its hard to tell which way a guard iffacing without the view indicator thing on, which ruins the stealth atmosphere, 'cos you can tell exactly which way he is facing and what he is gonna do.

That is what the view indicator is for, you don't have to use them if you don't want to

its also stupid that certain characters can't use certain guns,

handguns, rifles and machine guns are operable by all commandos, the sniper rifle and bazooka are reserved for specific characters... This seems pretty normal to me

I mean, anyone can pull a trigger, even a shrimpy thief... and don't bother trying to say "it would slow hi mdown"

Why would we, it doesn't slow him down, even when he carries 10 rifles and 10 machine guns and is an inch from death

"its too big and not stealthy" 'cos you should be able to choose whether you want to be stealthy or not, right? aint that what it says on the box? it was rated 8, i would give it 3.

You can choose whatever way you like to get through it, I don't even care if you cheat, although if your concerned about score then stealth is the key

SuperChimp™
22nd Oct 2002, 23:43
oh sorry, are you on about the PC version, i'm on about the PS2 version. The PC version is fine. i'm complaining 'cos the port was pathetic.

Longshot
23rd Oct 2002, 01:21
Yeah all of us "regulars" have the PC version of the game, which came out about a year ago. I wouldn't buy the PS2 version anyways considering the system is getting a little outdated.

I'm not sure what the differance between the PS2 and the PC version are (other than the controls...obviously) but it would be interesting to find out.

ragsy
23rd Oct 2002, 02:25
some of the screenshots from the console version show different charaters in different missions, is this the case or are they just doing that wierd advertising thing that that did with the PC version

1shot1kill
23rd Oct 2002, 15:08
oh sorry, are you on about the PC version, i'm on about the PS2 version. The PC version is fine. i'm complaining 'cos the port was pathetic.

Well, what do you expect with a crappy console like that?

SuperChimp™
24th Oct 2002, 22:12
hey! its better then the xbox and GC! xbox aint got any good games and GC is for 5 yr olds! commando's 2 was ported to xbox, and i played it with those alien controllers and its crap!

1shot1kill
24th Oct 2002, 22:26
The GC got loads of games that are suited for adults and way better graphic than the PS2 too.

Longshot
25th Oct 2002, 01:07
hey! its better then the xbox and GC! xbox aint got any good games and GC is for 5 yr olds! commando's 2 was ported to xbox, and i played it with those alien controllers and its crap!

There's no way the GC is 5 years old.

ragsy
25th Oct 2002, 05:59
Originally posted by Longshot

There's no way the GC is 5 years old.

the comment was "for 5yr olds" not its 5 years old

Too little too late in my opinion for Nintendo, in fact the only people I know who have one are people on this forum

Thorup
25th Oct 2002, 08:34
Who here has Game Cube?

4Eyes
25th Oct 2002, 11:44
I do.

And about it being for 5 year olds...check out some of these titles: (already out or yet to be published, but definitely announced)

- Resident evil series (exclusive for GameCube)
- Eternal Darkness (and hopefully, Silicon Knights next game Too Human too)
- Metroid Prime
- Hunter: The Reckoning
- Bloodrayne

And to my knowledge, Commandos 2 was never ported to GameCube, just Ps2 and Xbox. The again, who'd want to play strategy games with a console controller anyway...I don't. Strategy games are made to be mouse-controlled. And what about all the skill keyboard shortcuts in Commandos 2...that'd be impossible to do on a console, making the game much more difficult, and less fun to play.

Yakkalot
26th Oct 2002, 06:41
Well as someone who hates consoles with a passion, I have to say that the only one of them to make me look twice at it was the Xbox.

And as for it having no games, virtually every new game that comes out on PS2 is avaliable on Xbox, yet Sony can't claim the inverse can they?

On the whole Xbox is a superior console to the PS2, and the game cube is in a different catagory, it's aimed at the eight year old market, thats where nintendo made a killing in the late eightiesup until the mid 90's, 64's aimed at the teen market, but GC is going back to the root. It's not a bad thing (Lord kows I dont want my niece playing 90% of the games on PS2 and Xbox...)

Anyway, none of them compare to PC.
The "superior graphics quality" of the Xbox over the PC was surpassed months ago, and over the course of this and the next few months will be simply blown off the map in comparison to the PC.

LONG LIVE THE PC!

1shot1kill
26th Oct 2002, 13:40
How do you mean back to the root? Nintendo has stated that the aim for this console would be games for every age range, even more than the N64.

Yakkalot
26th Oct 2002, 13:59
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
How do you mean back to the root? Nintendo has stated that the aim for this console would be games for every age range, even more than the N64.

Nixon also said he wasn't a crook, Bill gates also said he just wanted his software company to have a niche sector of the software market.

The afct is, you look that the games on offer, sure there are your resident evil types, but at theend of the day, the vasat majority of the games are aimed squarely at the upper-childrens market.

1shot1kill
27th Oct 2002, 15:09
If i look in the stores here at the games they got there are loads that are very suited for adults, only a few kiddie games.

David
27th Oct 2002, 19:41
for gamecube u mean? there is no good games for it,only the onles like mario:)

Thorup
28th Oct 2002, 07:59
Just wait untill perfect dark zero comes. then I will buy Game Cube

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
28th Oct 2002, 12:31
Personally.........i choose the PC over any console any day.

but what really irritates me is this.......X-Box (a.k.a MS we'll take over the world). I've tested both the console and a bunch of games for it just to be able to give it a fair rating (i played in a pay-per-play place). well........after the first 2 hours of playing it with a mate the x-box crashed, 20 minutes later it crashed again, and just when we were about to pack up and go home it gave us a nice "Greenscreen" (just like a bluescreen in windows).
basicly the x-box is an infeariar version of a PC, and the controller to it is just plain horrible. we played som dead or a live 3 because we just love beat 'em up games, i have to say.......doing special tricks was the dumbest thing ever in that game, press 2 buttons at the same time and the dude does some kind of super trick. my friend actually beat me a sheit load of times because he was pressing down ALL of the buttons so he was always doing some weird tricks and beat tehe living bejesus out of me.

Then me and my cousin played some halo.......sure the graphocs were nice, but i really don't think that's the kind of game that should be played on a console. Basicly if i were to choose a console, it wouldn't be an x-box, anything but an x-box actually, i'd even buy a PS1 just NOT to buy an X-box.

Did i mention that now i really hate x-box?
well..........let me just tell you, I REALLY hae x-box :D