PDA

View Full Version : RPG Moderator

Davidg
22nd Oct 2002, 20:32
Redlegg said no to JSWY's application to be a moderator. I think he should be, and maybe if enough people vote yes in this poll, he willl change his mind.

JSWY
22nd Oct 2002, 21:36
Aw shucks...

*Blushes*

I dunno...What Redlegg says seems to go around here.

On the upshot though, a better and fairer RPG might draw more people to paticipate. However, I think I might still have to leave it to the imaginative and creative members of the board to decide on location, technonlogy, various rules of conduct, etc...

Davidg
23rd Oct 2002, 02:19
Maybe our current moderators could moderate our RPGs.

JSWY
23rd Oct 2002, 10:22
Originally posted by Davidg
Maybe our current moderators could moderate our RPGs.

They're not interested, AlphaOmega needs a need to join in. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

MunkeeChum
23rd Oct 2002, 18:14
And Creamy is gone.

We do need new moderators. Ones that actually contribute to the community.

JSWY
24th Oct 2002, 10:33
We could always all PM Redlegg requesting the appointment, but he'll probably ignore us.

MunkeeChum
24th Oct 2002, 17:57
Not if we state our case clearly and conduct ourselves in a professional manner.

Xcom
24th Oct 2002, 20:45
What's an RPG (apart from a games genre) and why do you need a moderator for it (whatever it is)?

Btw, I heard that Eidos has adjusted their moderator's policy. They now try to involve more of their own employees (or developers) to be mods. There is very little chance that they will accept extra community mods (especially in a quiet forum like this).

JSWY
24th Oct 2002, 22:03
Look at some of our RPG topics, we always argue and there needs to be some sort of overseer present to prevent these arguements happening. On the previous boards, I started RPG: Station Life which reached a whopping 500 posts before it died. That relied on trust, but with our imaginations, we went further and got into trouble, we can no longer rely on trust to keep these things together. ;)

Davidg
25th Oct 2002, 19:17
We need NEW Moderators!

JSWY
25th Oct 2002, 21:16
Originally posted by Davidg
We need NEW Moderators!

None of us have seen Creamy for ages, what's happened to him?

BTW, I'm off to Bristol, I'll check back on my dad's laptop, you guys keep campaigning ;)

Arctic_Wolf
26th Oct 2002, 19:20
Creamy went to a Juvenile Detension centre and I was supposed to take his place, though nothing has been done yet. I also applied for moderator months ago, RedLegg said he would check me out but then he started ignoring me.

JSWY
26th Oct 2002, 22:48
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
Creamy went to a Juvenile Detension centre and I was supposed to take his place, though nothing has been done yet. I also applied for moderator months ago, RedLegg said he would check me out but then he started ignoring me.

Whould you rather be the moderator or me, to be honest?

Arctic_Wolf
31st Oct 2002, 20:15
I'd like us both to be moderator actualy, Being a game-master could be stressful without help.

Sunrise
31st Oct 2002, 20:48
what was station life?

Arctic_Wolf
31st Oct 2002, 21:37
It was a big RPG that JSWY thought up, and I messed it up. :D

Sunrise
1st Nov 2002, 07:51
should have known :rolleyes:

AlphaOmega
25th Nov 2002, 05:06
And Creamy is gone.

We do need new moderators. Ones that actually contribute to the community.
Ah, I guess I'll go shut down the post then, and stop archiving every mod, turorial, fanfic and skin ever produced by the community. Bloody ingrates. :p

Now there is going to be a new moderator coming, so don't get too excited.

The reason I don't moderate the rpgs though is because
a) They don't violate the TOU.
b) They don't -really- have a place here. I let em because its a great way to build community and have fun and all, but it's up to you guys to set your own rules in them. If you wanna fully enforce it, why not use a different forum to run them, like Arctics?

JSWY
25th Nov 2002, 13:53
Alright fine, we're doing well anyway. We can still use moral condemnation untill the incident is sorted (nasty, but it works)

Senor
25th Nov 2002, 18:24
JSWY would be an amazing moderator because he is one of the best people in this forum to talkt to

Arctic_Wolf
25th Nov 2002, 19:57
Originally posted by AlphaOmega
Now there is going to be a new moderator coming, so don't get too excited.

Who is it? Who is it? Please, please tell us!

AlphaOmega
1st Dec 2002, 23:25
Soon... Soon... It will be announced with the next big burst of StarTopia community fun we're cooking up at the Post.

Meddling Grey
2nd Dec 2002, 02:00
A new mod?! Where where where!? Oh my miscellaneous deity I think I'm gonna explode I'm excited! No it isn't blastocephalis! It could be any one of us! Maybe I'll be the new mod! No wait that's illogical! Maybe JSWY will be the new mod! Or Arctic! Or Alpha! Alpha's a good mod! Make him the moderator! Alpha for mod! Alpha for mod! <twitch> Heeheehee! Watch the mod go round the roof! Whoozah!... nngh, suddenly feeling tired...

Sunrise
2nd Dec 2002, 07:48
<Sunrise slaps MG several times around the face>

WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!