PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday, Ladies Night, Thievery..

BrokenArts
22nd Oct 2002, 04:02
Ok Ladies..............

You read right, this Saturday, October 26 is Ladies Night, on Leatherman's server, this is for Ladies ONLY. Now if we have some guys that want to spectate, the more the merrier. I don't care, just have a good time for us all.

Just in case, we get a rowdy bunch, we don't want any trouble now do we? Hhhmmm? ;) Anyone get outta line, messn' with da ladies, ya deal wit me, kapeesh? I am posting this now, so everyone will know.

I do hope we all have a good time, and there will be a good turn out. We will have to see how it goes.

Hopefully, look for future announcements regarding Leatherman's server, some cool news for us all. :) ;)

Huntress
22nd Oct 2002, 04:44
Thanks for the info BA and I'll try to make it this time :) At least for a bit so I'll see ya then ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

littlek
22nd Oct 2002, 13:55
Just go ahead and make me suffer......sniff ....play without me......honk .......

I just gotta get on line without this *$#@ firewall. :mad:

BrokenArts
22nd Oct 2002, 14:08
littlek I wish you could join us too!!!:( :mad: ;) Is there anything you can do? I know it is from your school, but, put a word in, see if you can talk to someone about it. Disable that firewall just for a few hours.

Another thought, depending on how many show up, I think it would be fair to run it for a few hours, again, depending on how many show up. Later in the evening, let the guys back in again.

Hope to see you too Huntress!

Caradavin1
22nd Oct 2002, 20:18
I can't wait to play around and see what lies in store for me (I've never experienced UT before - so we'll see) What time Saturday??

BrokenArts
22nd Oct 2002, 21:17
Ya gonna join us Caradavin? :D That be cool! Glad to have ya on board. I didn't even bother to play UT when I received it, I just jumped right into Thievery. Haven't looked back. Thief is more my style anyway.

LM usually starts the server, 8 PM Eastern time, sometimes earlier. I am on Central time, so 7 PM for me. Even if you don't want to play much, get used to the game, that's quite all right, we can show you around.
I can enable or disable team balance, and we can all be thieves. :)
If we like. Or you can spectate and have lots of fun too, while watching, great to learn tips and tricks from the other players.
Looking forward to Saturday night!

I will also let the others know as well.

Shadow Creepr
22nd Oct 2002, 22:49
I am not that familiar with Thievery. I understand it is a multiplayer Thief level. Can you tell me more?

Hawklette
22nd Oct 2002, 22:58
Hope to see you there. Maybe then I will have my computer problems worked out. Later!! :D

BrokenArts
22nd Oct 2002, 23:06
I was gonna email you Hawk, wondered how things were with your puter problems, I hope you get it fixed SOON! You better by this Saturday! Heh. ;) It'll be a blast. Hope you can make it. :)

Hello Shadow Creeper! Welcome. Yes, Thievery is Multi-player Thief. It is a lot of fun, intense, because your playing against real people.

Start with this link here, to the Thievery site. http://www.thieveryut.com/
You will need UT, to play Thievery, Unreal Tournament. If you don't already have it. You can find Unreal Tournament, then DL Thievery, there are some patches you will need as well, depending on what version of UT you have. No need to worry, simple set up. And a LOT of fun.
Alright, I hate to ask this Shadow Creeper, are you female? or male? ;) If you would like to join us in Thievery, you are welcome.
Anything else you need to know, just ask.

Shadow Creepr
23rd Oct 2002, 01:58
I am a Thiefette.

I don't have Unreal Tournament, do I have to purchase the software or is there a download available just to play the Thievery game level?

I will check out the link you have posted and reply back if I still have questions. Thanks.

BrokenArts
23rd Oct 2002, 02:26
Shadow Creepr, I thought you were a thiefette. :) Had to be sure though, can't tell by screen names sometimes.

Yes you have to purchase Unreal Tournament, in order to play Thievery. But, you still have to DL Thievery.
And yes, we are always here to help. :) Good luck, hope you can join us.

Shadow Creepr
23rd Oct 2002, 02:46
Is there a particular version of Unreal Tournament to buy? You know how games get updated to Gold versions, ect., ect......?

LeatherMan
23rd Oct 2002, 03:15
Originally posted by Shadow Creepr
Is there a particular version of Unreal Tournament to buy? You know how games get updated to Gold versions, ect., ect......? About the only versions you will find now are "UT Game of the Year" (GotY) and "Totally Unreal" (2 game pack which includes "Unreal Gold", a totally different game). Either one will do. They are becoming hard to find these days, but when you do find one it is usually pretty cheap ($10-$20).

Install UT, patch to version 436, install Thievery Beta 1.0 and 1.2 patch and you are set. I will send you and Caradavin1 a PM with the Password and server info.

BrokenArts
23rd Oct 2002, 03:26
You shouldn't have a problem finding the game, most likely, it will be the "Game of the year edition of Unreal Tournament" That should be patched to version 436 in order to play Thievery.

I have an older version, and patched it to version 436, with the patches that are available at the Thievery site. There are guidelines to read there too, might answer some of your questions.
Also, there are past threads in regards to Thievery, you might want to search some of the older threads for info also. Hope this helps!

{edit} LM beat me to it............again.....heh{/edit}

Ruthless
23rd Oct 2002, 22:56
I'm gonna have to look into this! It sounds fun!

Huntress
23rd Oct 2002, 23:05
Hi Ruthless..nice to see you again after so long a time...hope all is well with you :) I also join Thievery on occasion but not always. It does provide some good fun with our other board members and I hope to see you at least this Sat. for awhile :)

By the way, if you spectate as a Rat for awhile to get more famililar...be warned as to the choices you have to play as one, LOL As long as your on CAM to follow other players around, you can't be hurt...but if your traveling yourself and get under a Guards foot you can be killed...so watch your feets :D You will be able to respawn but you have to choose it again from the play window just as you do when you get killed being a player...that's why the loadout windows are important to setup first for quick reloads of your weapons either as a Thief or Guard...depending on which side you choose :) Ta and Good Hunting!

newk007
24th Oct 2002, 10:47
Alright, I'd love to watch you all play Thievery UT. But I have no idea of time-zones. I'm GMT +10 or something like that, so what time would it be here when it's 8 over there?
Thanks in advance.

BrokenArts
24th Oct 2002, 14:36
Ooohh this is interesting. Well, newk007. If my calulations are correct. I went into the options, and used our handy dandy time zone table. Compared your time zone against mine. You should be 16 hours ahead of me.:eek: Holy smokes! Talk about jet lag.
:D I am in Central time zone, Leatherman is in Eastern Time zone.

So if LM starts the game at 8 pm Eastern Time, for you, I believe it would be 12 noon, lunch time for you, the next day. Heh! You could eat lunch and watch us, while most of us had just finished dinner. ;)

Leatherman runs the server, on Wednesday night, and on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Well I learned the time zone for Australia, man, thats quite a difference.

newk007
26th Oct 2002, 15:23
Thanks BrokenArts. I was actually going to get up at 6:00 am tomorrow to watch it. I installed UT and Thievery again just then so I didn't have to do it while I'm half asleep (I'm half asleep anyway, it's 1 am... :o ). I had to uninstall Baldur's Gate 2 so I could get enough HD space for it. My brother won't be happy...

So does LeatherMan usually run his server at the same time on those nights? Geez... on Wednesday and Sunday nights for you guys I'll be having lunch at school while you're having fun knocking each other out in Thievery. That's not fair... :(
SO it's Saturday at 12, and Sunday at 12 for me. Thanks again BrokenArts!

*EDIT*
What will the game be called? Do I need a password? Where do I look for it?

LeatherMan
26th Oct 2002, 15:58
Originally posted by newk007
What will the game be called? Do I need a password? Where do I look for it? I sent you a PM with the info. ;)

Yes, I do run the server at the same time on most nights.

Shadow Creepr
26th Oct 2002, 19:11
The only version I have been able to locate is Unreal Tournament 2003. Will this work?

BrokenArts
26th Oct 2002, 19:26
Good question. I am not 100% sure. Will PM Leatherman about it, or whoever chimes in here first can let us know.
Hope you can make it Shadow Creepr

BrokenArts
26th Oct 2002, 20:36
Shadow Creepr, just asked a guy named Laughing Rat, who runs another board for Thievery, he said no you can't use that version of 2003. And I quote. " No, UT2003 is a different game engine. They'd have to re-do Thievery." So there is your answer.
You can still find it around.
I went to www.Bizrate.com. Neat little place, you can find it there too. :) For about 9.99

Shadow Creepr
26th Oct 2002, 20:58
I am bummed out now.:(

There is a local store that buys and sells used games. I will check there, otherwise I won't be able to get in tonight.

BrokenArts
26th Oct 2002, 21:05
Yeah, I know how ya feel. :( But! There will be other nights. :) Don't dispair, I hope you find it at your local store. Good luck, let us know. It is worth the effort to find the game and join in on the fun.
I was REALLY hesistant at first, didn't think I could do it, or would even like it for that matter. Never played an on-line internet game before. How would they treat the players? Well, Leatherman's server, and all the players are the best around.
We have a lot of fun, and try to help one another when we can, and have a laid back friendly group of taffers. :)

Vesper
26th Oct 2002, 22:00
Hi Shadow Creeper

Don't know if you are close to any of these stores, but within the last month I've seen copies of Unreal Tournament (or the GOTY edition) at Best Buy, Game Stop, and Comp USA, and someone here said that thier Sam's Club had some.

You can also look for something called Totally Unreal.....It comes with Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition and Unreal Gold.

Or: Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition.

There are also some on Ebay.

Hope you can find one in the near future. You can always join us on other nights besides Ladies Night too.

Caradavin1
26th Oct 2002, 22:36
I just bought Totally Unreal yesterday. I'm so excited!!

Caradavin1
27th Oct 2002, 04:05
I can't. I jumped the gun. It turns out that these University computers don't offer the resources needed or something. When I went to install UT, the hard drive began to make loud quick beeping noises, and then said the C drive was corrupt or something. I don't know - that sucks. But UT is fun :)

Shadow Creepr
27th Oct 2002, 04:10
This is where I am at at this point. I found Unreal Tournament version 400 at Circuit City (9.99 US). I installed UT, downloaded the 1. and 1.2 Thievery patches...no problem. I cannot get the patch for Unreal to download. These are the messages I got:

The Stomped website page couldn't be displayed.
3D gamers website said the download was corrupt.
Fileplanet crashed.
Blues News page would not display.

The read me for the patches says that v436 cannot be installed without first upgrading to v432 first.

So, I have now downloaded the version 432 and it is a zip file. Now before I go unzipping this puppy I want to make sure that no one else has run into these problems. I have been trying to get all this to work for 2 hours. I have copied the zip file into UT but I have not done anything with it yet, as I stated. I would like input before I continue......................

Huntress
27th Oct 2002, 04:44
ShadowC..I'm not sure what you've got but I would suggest going to http://www.planetunrealtournament.com/files/ut.shtml again and get hooked up with the links from there to get whatever patches you need for UT to get it to 436. Don't really know about needing 432 first but if that's what it says???? So you need to patch UT first before installing anything else regarding Thievery or it's patches. When you unzip the downloads...you'll get the .exe and just point it to your UT directories location...the rest will take care of itself...but be sure to reboot after installing game and then patch and reset again...this will insure a good installation in your registry, etc. Good Luck and Good Hunting!

LeatherMan
27th Oct 2002, 05:21
Originally posted by Caradavin1
I can't. I jumped the gun. It turns out that these University computers don't offer the resources needed or something. When I went to install UT, the hard drive began to make loud quick beeping noises, and then said the C drive was corrupt or something. I don't know - that sucks. But UT is fun :) So you did get UT installed, but cannot get Thievery installed?

I would run Scandisk on drive C.

Shadow Creepr
27th Oct 2002, 05:27
Huntress

Thanks for the info but that is the site that wouldn't display the page the first time. I had to try a few times before I could finally get the site up, I went to download the patch and it won't let me download it without paying/subscribing. I signed up but it wants me to pay first. Is that right?

Huntress
27th Oct 2002, 05:38
No ShadowC...you don't have to pay to download from fileplanet...you do have to register with their site for general use but they offer two kinds of download options. They have public servers which are free or their premium servers which you have to subscribe (pay) to use. So the only thing is the long wait time to get in line and wait your turn to get your download. So go ahead and get signed up and then go to the patch link and click to the site that's nearest you to get it and wait for your turn :) Good Luck and Good Hunting!

LeatherMan
27th Oct 2002, 05:39
Originally posted by Shadow Creepr
I cannot get the patch for Unreal to download.

The read me for the patches says that v436 cannot be installed without first upgrading to v432 first.

So, I have now downloaded the version 432 and it is a zip file. Now before I go unzipping this puppy I want to make sure that no one else has run into these problems. I have been trying to get all this to work for 2 hours. I have copied the zip file into UT but I have not done anything with it yet, as I stated. I would like input before I continue...................... Stay away from Fileplanet .... and, Huntress, those links on the page you posted go straight to Fileplanet ....

The readme for the v436 patch says it is good for all versions of UT v400 and up. Trash the v432 patch. Here are some links for v436:

3DGamers.com - Utah mirror (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlexit/xlontech/games/unrealtourn/utpatch436.exe.html)
3DGamers.com - California mirror (FileFront) (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlexit/filefront/games/unrealtourn/utpatch436.exe.html)
UTPics.com (http://www.stl.quik.com/berzzerk/ut/UTPatch436.exe)
UT-Gamers.com (http://www.ut-gamers.com/downloadable%20files/UT%20Files/Patches/UTPatch436.exe)

Huntress
27th Oct 2002, 05:43
Yes, I know LM about the link to fileplanet...but since it is the main source for UT, etc. figured that was the most likely place to go. However, I'm glad you are able to refer to some alternate sites for the patch as well :) Just hope those 3D gamer sites will work as it had also been tried with no success? Ta and Good Hunting!

Shadow Creepr
27th Oct 2002, 05:45
Thank you Leatherman

BTW have you cleaned out your PMs yet? It was full earlier today when I tried to send a reply back to you.

LeatherMan
27th Oct 2002, 07:06
You're welcome.

Yes I did clean some out. I can receive more PMs now.

Caradavin1
4th Nov 2002, 00:00
The thing is, I tried it two different ways. I downloaded thievery first both times. The first time, I installed UT, then a small thievery pack, and then the huge honkin' thievery file. When the huge file began to install, that's when all heck broke loose with the computer.

So I went to another computer, and installed thievery (small) and the huge file first. That went well. Then, when I went to install UT, it did the same thing on this computer. I have a feeling that the public puters at my college are extremely limited on memory (although, it seemed to have enough memory) I finally did get all of them installed on my third attempt (it still made wierd noises when it had to retrieve data from cd-rom drive - i did the smallest install so it had to draw from the drive), but when I logged on the server to play I kept getting this message that I didn't have the file needed to play, and the server wouldn't provide it for me, even though I was present in the world (it was like Komad or something) but frozen. So, I gave up after about two hours of trying to get the ****** to work. I don't know what the solution could be. PS> When I downloaded thievery on my home computer - I couldn't get the files present in the install to work (the worlds/levels/whatever.)then either. :confused:

LeatherMan
4th Nov 2002, 00:28
I sent you a PM, Caradavin1. You need more "instant" communication than this forum can provide.