PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wheel (logitech) does not work

banklimit
21st Oct 2002, 20:40
Hi,

today I bought a new wheelmouse (up to now, I've used a touchpad). I bought the Logitech Wheelmouse.
I bought it exclusively for use with Hitman2 because it is not possible to choose an action without a mousewheel.

The wheel works in all applications - except Hitman2!!!
I can't believe it.

Does anyone have an idea what I could to get the wheel to work?
I can't choose any actions for 47!

I've already tried the following things:

- installed Logitech Registry-Patch for GAMERS
- assigned all possible functions to the middle button...which function do i have to assign to use the wheel in HM2???
- deactivated directinputmouse in hitman2.ini

I hope that I didn't spend the 40 Euros for nothing...would be very happy if someone with maybe similar problems could help me!

regards
Torben

TheDarkStar
21st Oct 2002, 22:10
Hi, I have a logitech dual optical with mouse wheel and no problems in any way. You can choose the actions for 47 with the movement keys up and down as well, so there is no need for a mouse wheel. All I can say is that you should d/l the latest drivers from logitech. They often release new mouseware on the net. Maybe you messed up the mouse settings? That's all I can say to help.

sean2
22nd Oct 2002, 05:24
I cannot use my scroling mousse option either.I have a Logitech as well.)
And switching back and forth between the mouse and keypad is a pain.......
This game looks good, however the access to weapons is not at all user friendly.......
Thank GOD for the quick reloading because I am using it LOTS and LOTS.........
I never finished playing the first one (47) and am afraid that I am getting frustrated with this one as well
Sean2

madmook
27th Oct 2002, 02:55
I have Logitech "Cordless MouseMan Wheel" and I was also having problems with the mousewheel in certain games, Hitman2 included. I tried the latest version of MouseWare from Logitech as well as the version included with my mouse. Both produced the same problem. Therefore, I just uninstalled Logitech's MouseWare driver and let Windows (I have WinXP) install it's own generic mouse driver. And lo and behold, the wheel works just fine in games now.

Rough Divide
28th Oct 2002, 07:08
Originally posted by banklimit
...I bought it exclusively for use with Hitman2 because it is not possible to choose an action without a mousewheel...

It's possible. I had the same problem, even with this slick new Logtech MX series mouse. I have no solution for the wheel. But as for selecting actions?

Hold your USE key down and use your movement keys to cycle through the available actions. Release USE when your choice is highlighted.

:D

capdjq
31st Oct 2002, 02:51
I have a Logitech Optical cordless. Just uninstall the drivers. windows XP installs its own and the Game plays perfectly. :)