PDA

View Full Version : Lara or Krueger?

Polar_Andromeda
21st Oct 2002, 03:29
I just finished watching the second Freddy Krueger movie, and that got me wondering... If Lara & Freddy were to have a duel to the death, who would end up being the victor? And ppl, no favoring Lara pls. You have to take both sides' abilities into account b4 voting for one or the other.;)

DaveJ
21st Oct 2002, 08:13
Freddy would win.

Lara has bullets...which have no effect on Freddy.

Freddy has razor sharp blades....which sadly would have an adverse effect on Lara.

Godfather
21st Oct 2002, 13:35
Lara would win for two reasons.

1) Freddy ain't real ... Lara is.
2) Lara never sleeps. She's too busy adventuring and making love to me. (Oops! I think I did it again! :rolleyes: :D)

DaveJ
21st Oct 2002, 13:53
Two more reasons right there as to why Freddy would win.

Of course...he'd have to enter virtual reality world first...but then he already has once.

Lara's lack of being real can't help her there.

Data
21st Oct 2002, 17:08
Originally posted by DaveJ
Freddy would win.

Lara has bullets...which have no effect on Freddy.

Freddy has razor sharp blades....which sadly would have an adverse effect on Lara.

I believe you have forgotten one minor detail, Lara can be reloaded :D

DaveJ
21st Oct 2002, 17:47
Very true.

However.....she is at constant risk from Freddy, being perpetually stuck as she is in Godfathers wet dreams.

Godfather
21st Oct 2002, 18:23
Originally posted by DaveJ
Very true.

However.....she is at constant risk from Freddy, being perpetually stuck as she is in Godfathers wet dreams.

Just change stuck into eager to stay put and I'll agree with you 100%. ;) :D

Rose662
22nd Oct 2002, 06:57
Taking into account what happened in all of the Elm Street movies -

If Nancy and Lisa (who are fictional teenage girls with no special fighting skills) can beat Freddy, then Lara Croft (a fictional character trained in fighting and survival skills) certainly can! :p :)

;)

P.S. You know, every time I see the first Elm Street movie, I get the "willies". Did they HAVE to name the girl Nancy ?!
:eek:

DaveJ
22nd Oct 2002, 07:49
But......Freddy came back.
Again....and again.....and again....

GoranAgar
22nd Oct 2002, 08:33
So will Lara ;)

THE True Lara
22nd Oct 2002, 08:37
Yes, she will, its a cunning combination of save-games and milking the franchise dry.... :rolleyes:

GoranAgar
22nd Oct 2002, 09:28
See? :D

Rose662
23rd Oct 2002, 06:32
Originally posted by GoranAgar
So will Lara ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth, Goran!

:D

GoranAgar
23rd Oct 2002, 07:10
OK, she might be late ... :D :p

Godfather
23rd Oct 2002, 23:01
Originally posted by GoranAgar
OK, she might be late ... :D :p

Hey, I read ya! "Late" as in "pregnant", right? RIGHT?!! :D ... I read ya! :p

No wonder people start talking about the possibility of a younger Lara Croft. :D

Goose Master
24th Oct 2002, 10:15
Anyone seen Wes Cravens A new nightmare? it was the sequal to Freddy's dead. Its where the little boy looks under his bed sheets and sees another world. They always take films like those to far dragging them on like Jason X, halloween 8 or somthing.
If i remember rightly Fredy goes in young teenagers minds and only picks on teenagers. Also how can lara win if he's in her head?

Godfather
24th Oct 2002, 18:13
Originally posted by Goose Master
Also how can lara win if he's in her head?

She'd probably start banging her head so hard against the wall that Freddy eventually would die. :D One way or another Lara Croft always wins!! :p

DaveJ
24th Oct 2002, 18:47
Why bother?
Its all hypothetical.

But were it reality...how does a mortal woman stand a chance against a man that cannot be killed...only temporarily subdued?

Your devotion to your cause is admirable...if misguided.

Polar_Andromeda
24th Oct 2002, 23:09
So most people agree Freddy would win. But I wonder what would happen if Lara took her grenade launcher w/ her in her dreams and then shot a grenade right at Freddy. How can he be killed, anyway?

Goose Master
25th Oct 2002, 17:25
Why didnt anyone ever put his eyes out with a pen or somthing. He couldnt do very much blind could he? I never liked freddy kruger he talked to much and dressed up like dennis the menace.

DaveJ
25th Oct 2002, 17:49
He was burned to death and still came back...I would imagine his losing his eyes would only miff him a bit.