PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Maggie!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Rook
24th Dec 2002, 08:19
I'm afraid I'm terribly limited in my knowledge of other languages--in spite of my decoder ring. It's from a dollar store, you see. That's why it doesn't work right. ;)

:D

mrdefender
24th Dec 2002, 20:35
Voch'a Pera'k Gutse'gnk.

Oops. It was still on Klingon.... :rolleyes: :D

I sent my order thru subspace, it comes from Jupiter Station. :)

Rook
25th Dec 2002, 00:49
LOL I wonder what the weather is like on Jupiter this time of year. Bet it's just lovely... ***dreamy sigh***

;) :D

mrdefender
25th Dec 2002, 06:36
Doubt it. Jupiter is a Gas Giant isnt it?

I'm guessing the weather is cloudy, foggy and windy. With a slight chance of a storm :)

Rook
25th Dec 2002, 09:48
I know. Not quite right for a vacation spot, I guess. (Saturn maybe?;)) I'd say there's more than a slight chance of a storm there, too. :)

mrdefender
26th Dec 2002, 04:20
:)

Would be nice to see the rings of saturn though. :)

I'd probably take the trip just for seeing the rings up close. :)

Rook
26th Dec 2002, 07:37
I'll take my vacation on Pluto. I like it where it's cold.

And the rings of Saturn would be a lovely sight indeed. :D

mrdefender
27th Dec 2002, 01:12
I'd imagine Life could exist on Pluto. Its a planet full of ice-type stuff.

So its basicly water, which means it could support life...

I doubt we'll be going there any time soon, We'd freeze before we got into orbit :D

Rook
27th Dec 2002, 07:08
I'm already mentally in orbit. Might just as well be there physically, too. ;)

Aw, well, I'd want to see Mars first of all, anyway. It's a bit closer, and it seems quite the popular place for the little greenies. ;)

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/alien.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/alien.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/alien.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/alien.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/alien.gif

mrdefender
27th Dec 2002, 17:38
I'd be happy just to see earth from space.

THAT has to be awesome and a great feeling.

But I don't have millions of dollars to get myself on a seat in the shuttle @ nasa :(

I think I could survive the training. It cant be any worse than chemo :/ :D

But that spinning chair scares the hell out of me... :o :D

Rook
27th Dec 2002, 21:16
What, you mean the chair that goes in like 3 different directions at once? http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/wuerg/wuerg015.gif :D

I wouldn't mind seeing the Earth from space, myself. But I'm not rich either. :o

The most I can say right now is that I've tried freeze-dried space munchies. They're weird. I've had freeze-dried oranges, and freeze-dried neopolitain ice cream. Quirky stuff... :)

mrdefender
27th Dec 2002, 23:13
Lemme put it this way. If I go into space, I'm planing for a quick return trip :)

IF It takes longer, Id rather starve than to eat the food

I cant imagine eating vacumed food...

Or Milk like Jello... :eek:

Rook
27th Dec 2002, 23:43
LOL

Well the oranges and ice cream weren't that bad. They just had the quirky consistancy of styrofoam, that's all... :eek: :o :D

mrdefender
28th Dec 2002, 02:53
Sounds like a day at the hospital. ..... :D

Rook
28th Dec 2002, 03:35
Nah, actually it was a day at COSI--at least for the ice cream. :D It's a science museum in Columbus, and a pretty cool one (though I think it's geared a little more towards adolescents than anyone). Anyway, they sell that ice cream in the gift shop. Like I said, it's weird stuff... :)

mrdefender
4th Jan 2003, 00:55
Reminds me of my trip to florida (walt disney). The magic kingdom was "fun" but its a no brainer it was made for young kids (4 to 8?).

The epcot center was awesome and so was the animal kingdom (at the time, it was a new-er attraction.. this was in december 1999). The water slides were so much fun! We shouldve spent our time there.

You sat in a tube and where every you were siting at whatever angle the tube was, you were sure to get soaked AT LEAST 10 times :)

The only wierd thing was being canadians. You just know they're not from america when they're wearing shorts in 70o F :cool:

PS: Has anyone been having problems getting to the forums during the hollidays? A couple of times I haven't been able to get here. Though its not like I really had the time to sit down ...

But I got a cold now.. So I've got plenty of time on my hands. :)

Anywho. Safe Holiday Season to everyone! (even if its over, someone, somewhere.. is having a party :) ).

Drink Responsibly. (alchool... have as many coffees, soft drinks or lemonade as you want :)) And try to avoid hangovers :)

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/wuerg/wuerg015.gif

(I quoted Rook's post to get that pic link.. so credit goes to him :) )

Sir Henry Morgan
6th Jan 2003, 23:10
Hey this party went right through New Year and no one noticed! :eek:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

mrdefender
7th Jan 2003, 03:59
I think we're too tired to notice it. Its been what? 3 months since we started this party? :)

HAPPY (belated) NEW YEAR!!!

Rook
7th Jan 2003, 09:28
HAPPY NEW YEAR/BIRTHDAY...uhhh...THINGY!!

I can't believe I completely missed posting something about that here! Duh! :eek:

Bring the band back in! We gotta party some more!!:D

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/musik/musik026.gif

Sir Henry Morgan
7th Jan 2003, 23:21
Yaay! :D

Here's cheers to 2003!
http://www.click-smilie.de/schnellauswahl/ernaehrung004.gif

mrdefender
7th Jan 2003, 23:33
Woohoo! 2003!

So.. em.. what's supposed to happen this year anyways?

:confused:

Oh yah! I'm scheduled to win the 6/49 5 times this year :) :rolleyes: :D

Sir Henry Morgan
8th Jan 2003, 04:58
2003 is gonna be the best year since 2002

I just know it! :D

Rook
8th Jan 2003, 06:57
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/Celebrating_Emoticon.gif

CHEERS!

Well, the new year is looking pretty good so far. I could really top it off if I won the lottery. :D

mrdefender
8th Jan 2003, 21:14
Yah. The hole 8 days of 2003 :) (right now, we're on jan 8th)

Sir Henry Morgan
8th Jan 2003, 22:34
I'm in the 9th of January

I'm waaaaaaay ahead of you :cool: :D

mrdefender
9th Jan 2003, 01:29
OOOH! How's the weather? :)

Want to know if I'm gonna need boots tomorow :D

What time zone are you?

Sir Henry Morgan
10th Jan 2003, 00:44
It's 10th January now

I'm in Australian EST (Eastern Summer Time)

mrdefender
10th Jan 2003, 05:35
EST?

Im FCWT time... (Freakingly cold winter time ;) )

Technically, im in Canadian EST :) (which explains the winter.. ;) )

tomorow's forecast? snow, snow and more snow. reaching up to 120 feet. Be sure to take in your barbecue, it will be very cold in a snowed in house. :)

Actually, this winter was/is wierd.. We usually get lots of snow mid november (right after thanksgiving.. you crazy americans have it at the end of the month... for some odd reason)..

We only got 'normal' snow around end of december (normal = normal ammount of snow we recieve in novemeber..). Weatherguys here are theroizing that feb and march will most likely not be spring.. :/ (it will be, technically.. (spring is what? march 21st?))

I know winter is december 21st.. which is odd... you'd think youd only get snow in winter.. but by the time 'winter' comes, its spring :/ :D

Rook
10th Jan 2003, 07:23
Oooh, I'm just praying we don't get any more snow. Granted, we don't have as much as some other places, but I'm just tired of the stuff. I want spring!! And I'm gonna whine about it till it gets here! :mad: ;)

Now, what's this about "crazy Americans?"http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/jok.gif

;) :p :D

mrdefender
10th Jan 2003, 20:29
Crazy is too strong a word.. It also applies to both of us (US and Canada). We each have our thanksgiving at oposite times of the month. (Canada has it at the begining, the US has it at the end).

So, we're both crazy in the eyes of the others.

Why does the US have thanksgiving at the end of the month? Aren't we celebrating the same thing? (though.. I actually forgot what we're celebrating. I think its something to do with generace indians during time of war with 'white people' and indians. ??).

Hey. Atleast I know why we celebrate xmas! We celebrate the birth of Claus! em. no.. hang on.. It's at the top of my tongue.. Christ! I know this! Oh.. wait! That's it! :rolleyes:

(kidding, I was just reading something on our local ISP featuret about kids looking forward to xmas cause of santa and not the son of god..)

http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/etc/answermanarchive.jsp?id=am021225#two

Not sure if you guys can get here or not... He (Awnser Man) says he even gets visitors from the USA.

Sir Henry Morgan
10th Jan 2003, 23:16
So, we're both crazy in the eyes of the others.

No comment :rolleyes:

;)

mrdefender
11th Jan 2003, 01:10
Oh come on now, its not that farfetched. (either I spelled that wrong or I wrote the name of one of those pokemon... :) )

At the very least, we consider ourselves wierd :)

Which is good, actually. Everyone (generally speaking) is normal. wierd people are unique :)

But still, im sure some people think the others are wierd about thanksgiving's holiday date.

Rook
11th Jan 2003, 08:03
Originally posted by mrdefender
Crazy is too strong a word..
No it's not. I'll even admit that I'm nuts... http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/dancingbanana.gif

As for Thanksgiving, I have no idea why we have it on a different day. At least Christmas is the same.:D

Originally posted by Sir Henry Morgan
No comment :rolleyes:

;)
No exemptions here. You're crazy, too. ;) :p

mrdefender
11th Jan 2003, 20:21
He's an auzie :)

Ay mate? :)

em.. Is that how its spelled? I think I just spelled ... em.. partner, spouse, couple.. etc... :)

I want to see a Koala Bear :(

Sir Henry Morgan
11th Jan 2003, 23:51
I saw one the other day, well 2 actually, a mother with a young 'un. So cute they were :)

Rook
12th Jan 2003, 00:59

I want to see a Koala Bear :(
I want to see a polar bear. ;) :p

***Rook ducks and runs away before she gets pounded***

mrdefender
12th Jan 2003, 03:30
We dont even have polar bears here. (well.. more up north.. way up north.. in Nunavut only I believe... well.. excluding zoos :) )

Rook
12th Jan 2003, 04:02
I know. I was just making one of those "stereotypes that goofy people have about Canada" jokes. ;)

In fact, they just had a whole thread devoted to that on the sciflicks.com forums (another forum I've been cruising every once in awhile--since I am a sci-fi freak!). :o :D

Oh, and I found a smiley for you, Defender: http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/canflag.gif

I have yet to locate one with an Australian flag... :o

:)

mrdefender
12th Jan 2003, 21:24
Well. It's not my fault you guys don't even know where canada is.

For gods sakes ppl! We're right ontop of you guys!!!!

Here's how to find us, look up :) (j/k)

I dont even know what the australian flag looks like. All I know are the Canadian flag, the USA flag and the Korean flag (it was on the news yesterday...)

Korea decided to pull themselves out of the nuclear treaty (which states that you can't build nukes). So now there's the big question on why (usually when you pull yourself out of a treaty, its cause u want to do something that violates it... I dont think the 'I don't need to sign a treaty to know nukes are wrong' won't work ;) )

Sir Henry Morgan
12th Jan 2003, 22:21
No Australian Flag? :eek: That's discrimination! :mad:

mrdefender I can't believe you know everything that ever happened in every Star Trek episode but you only know 3 flags? :eek:

You must know the British flag? or the Japanese? or French?

mrdefender
13th Jan 2003, 02:01
French flag is the same colour as the USA flag (blue white and red, I believe).

Picard was born there :) (Picard, not Stewart...)

I don't even think Australia ever came up in Star Trek. But Canada rocks when it comes to star trek! Kirk is from Toronto :) (Shatner).

Go Canadians!! :)

Sir Henry Morgan
13th Jan 2003, 02:14
don't even think Australia ever came up in Star Trek.

Something we can be eternally proud of! ;) ;)

mrdefender
13th Jan 2003, 03:19
Oh wait! I think Australia was mentioned in the first trial with Q. (where TNG is on trial for the 'crimes of humanity').

There was an ausie there (or he spoke with an ausie accent)

:D :)

Rook
13th Jan 2003, 07:05
Originally posted by Sir Henry Morgan
No Australian Flag? :eek: That's discrimination! :mad:

I'm looking! I'm looking! http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/lookeyeglass.gif

Would it help if I mentioned that I don't have one with an American flag either? ;) :D

mrdefender
13th Jan 2003, 07:54
Would it also help if I said I have no dictionary, atlas or educational book of any kind?

Heck. For that matter, I don't have any books here. (well I got the 'lord of the rings, the fellowship of the ring' book set, but it's still in its original plastic-type paper).

The bad thing about all this technology...

We used to bash our information into rock which still exists (even after all these millenias still 'readable') and now its on a chip the size of a pinky nail (the nail of the smallest finger..) that you can wipe out with a fridge magnet.

:eek:

Let's see... What movies have such technology trouble senarios..
Minority Report.. (predicting murders), I think The Enemy of the state is also somewhat technology... I'm sure there are more...

I remember at one time, there were alot of 'end of the world natural disaster' movies that came out. You had Armeggedon, Deep Impact. I forgot some more but they all came out at 'once' (within a short period of time).

Kinda made you wonder if we were in trouble... (all these natural disaster-appocalyptic movies coming out at once..)

And.. Emm.. If something like this does happen... Which of our government is gonna do something? We're not ready for an ELE. The USA government says they'll only start planing if such a threat occurs... (like seeing a meteor heading for earth).

And ... em.. worse news.. These movies all have like a week before doomsday... What can we muster in a week???

Oh! BTW.. ELE (as seen on Deep Impact) stands for Extinction Level Event. Like what happend to the dinosaurs would be considered and ELE. (which is also show on Deep Impact).

Well.. We still have my secret project :rolleyes: :D

Rook
13th Jan 2003, 08:31
Would it make me look like a complete dork if I said I used to read the dictionary the way some people read best selling novels? Someday I'll have a real life... :o

Speaking of disaster flicks, I just went to see the Two Towers tonight (no, that wasn't the disaster:rolleyes:--though I don't think I liked it quite as well as the Fellowship of the Ring), and they had a preview for a film called The Core. It's probably on IMDB, but it's another one of those Armageddon, Deep Impact-type movies. Between those and films where the world is taken over by machines, one does start to feel a little creepy.

Oh, and they had a preview for Terminator 3. Finding out that the third Terminator is female has all but killed my enthusiasm for the film... :o

mrdefender
13th Jan 2003, 17:45
Well ofcourse its a female! They would've sued for sexist hiring policies :)

As for the core. It's not really a 'natural disaster movie'. The USA made/makes a new weapon that causes earth quakes.. So if they were to 'attack', it would look like a natural disaster.

The unfortunate side-effect is that it drained the earth's core. So they send in a team with nukes to 'fuel up' the core again..

Leave it to the americans to find a way to blow us up.. (they do have enough nukes to blow up the earth 3 times...) :)

Well. It aint hard to figgure out, they do use 1/3 of the nation's budget towards military 'defense' ...

I think they're even gonna win if God comes down from heaven and attacks the USA... :)

(em.. no religious offense to anyone.. just wanted to give an idea to you guys about how much stuff the USA has/can have)

Rook
14th Jan 2003, 09:19

As for the core. It's not really a 'natural disaster movie'. The USA made/makes a new weapon that causes earth quakes.. So if they were to 'attack', it would look like a natural disaster.

OK, so it's an unnatural disaster movie. Either way, lotsa' stuff gets blown up.:D

And I'm sure they made a the third Terminator female for "equal" representation purposes. I still don't care for the thought of watching some chick play that role. I might go see it anyway, if it gets decent reviews. But mediocre reviews on top of the whole "chick Terminator" thing might really kill it for me. :o

And I think God would pretty easily squish us in a fight.:o :D

mrdefender
14th Jan 2003, 21:55
Blow up? The only thing I saw in the theathrical trailer was a highway crumbling... afew buildings crumble too..

now stuff blowing up makes the movie more interesting :) (earthquakes shouldnt cause explosions.. well.. unless it takes out a gas station or gas truck (trucks that deliver gas to stations))

So Arnold will be playing a good guy again in t3? (he was good in T2 but bad in T1)

I wonder what the story will be for T3. T1 had Arnold sent back in time to kill the mother of the resistance leader (before he is born, so he'll never be the resistance leader). He fails. T2 had Arnold protecting the 'resistance leader' while he was a kid..

He succeeded but also destoryed all materials of the 'terminators' so they wouldnt be created..

So where does this leave us with Terminator 3? I know its war of the machines (or to that effect..).

Rook
15th Jan 2003, 08:06
Well, OK. If nothing really got blown up in the Core preview, it at least had the potential to get blown up. :D

Yah, I guess Arnie plays a good guy in T3. I haven't read any of the descriptions of the film (coz, as mentioned, the idea of a female Terminator put me off the movie entirely), so I have no idea where it's supposed to fit into the whole scheme of things. I wonder if they'll have a T4...? :)

mrdefender
15th Jan 2003, 18:13
could be. they took a while to make a t3...

then again.. which movie did we last see arnold in? It's been a while.... nm.. he's been in Collateral Damage. (movie got delayed cause they 'blew up' the WTC... it was supposed to come out in the october after the WTC incident... (ill be honest :( I cant remember what year it was... :( 2001? I have no problem remembering the actual events.. :( ))