PDA

View Full Version : Transparent snow?

Dasim4
20th Oct 2002, 03:16
Anyone else get transparent snow. On the At The Gate level and others like it I get this see-through snow bug where all snow drifts on the ground are like glass. I can see right through them. At first I thought it was ice but then I noticed I wasn't seeing the reflection of a building, I was actually seeing the base of the building under the snow because I could see through the snow. Anyone know a solution to this problem.

Dasim4
21st Oct 2002, 20:05
Has no one else seen this? It's very strange.

Dasim4
22nd Oct 2002, 03:39
Nevermind. Got it. The game keeps turning off DTX compression and Bumpmapping for some reason. Every time I restart the game I have to go into graphic options and turn that stuff on. Between levels it will turn itself off. Same issue with 4 speaker sound. I start the game and only my front speakers work. I can Alt-tab and turn it back to 4 speakers and it works until a new level loads and then it kills the rear speakers again. I tell you there's something wierd about those cut scenes. They got bugs in them. They originally caused my game to crash but I got that worked out. Now I have these other problems. This game really needs a patch badly.

xarax
23rd Oct 2002, 14:11
I had a weird snow effect in Hidden Valley, where the snow would turn very dark gray (almost black). I thought maybe it was somehow simulating the passage of time and the sun was setting behind the mountains, but now I'm not so sure. Probably a graphics glitch of some kind.