PDA

View Full Version : Xbox VS. PC

pooch
19th Oct 2002, 19:55
I think the Xbox version is great, and I'll share a reply that I posted to a topic:

Sorry to say, but your system is weak for today's demanding games. You have similiar specs that my desktop does, which I purchased about 3-years ago (top of the line dell at the time). I've upgraded my computer for game playing about 5 times now, and I've finally given up. I decided it is getting way to expensive to play games and decided to pick up the Xbox. I'm so glad I did, even though PC purists will shun me. With Xbox, I never have to worry about major computer crashes, hardware or software compatability problems, shortage of memory issues or spending a $1,000 every freaking year to keep on top of the games. Granted, I don't have the keyboard and mouse setup, but I've done great without it, and I don't have carpal tunnel anymore! I rent the games from Blockbuster for a great deal from the Xbox mag (buy 1 get 1 free) and play until I'm done with them and move on with life. If I really like a game and feel it has replayability (i.e. Hitman 2), I buy it. The most I'm out when they come out with a new state-of-the-art game consule, is $199! But even then, I can sell it with my games and probably get 40-50% back! Far as I'm concerned, PC gaming is fun, but spending gobs of money on constant upgrades ISN'T! Xbox easily cures my need for gaming and I don't have the worries.

What do you guys/gals think? PC all the way, or are you getting tired of constantly upgrading? Xbox owners have any input, or similar experience? Do you think there are cuts between the PC Hitman 2 and the Xbox version?