PDA

View Full Version : First Person - Or Not?

quinniniho
18th Oct 2002, 17:00
Can anyone tell me weather you can play the WHOLE of Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin, in First Person/Or not.....???

Im thinking of buying this game and I would like to know if first person perspective is possible throughout the whole game.

Thanks to anyone that answers...

:confused:

pooch
18th Oct 2002, 21:27
Yes, 1st person is available throughout the ENTIRE game. It is constantly switchable between 3rd and 1st, which is really nice when you are trying to sneak up on people, making 3rd person essential. But, for most of the missions, I always use 1st person...seems like a more "natural" perspective.

quinniniho
18th Oct 2002, 21:37
Thanks for that Pooch..

I will get this tomorrow methinks - been Waiting for IGI II but its been put back till Feb 2003.

Heres hoping that Hitman 2 keeps me occupied till then..

Thanks again M8

:D

Dasim4
18th Oct 2002, 23:03
The one thing I don't like, and I hope they fix it in a patch, is that you can't lean while in the first person view. It also automatically switches to third person when you are climbing ladders but that is ok. It allows you to look around while climbing. I do hope the fix the leaning thing though. First person ifs more fun even for sneaking and I really like the way you can look down and see your feet, legs, ect.

pooch
19th Oct 2002, 19:41
I thought the "lean" system was only absent from my XBOX version, but I guess it is PC too? I agree totally, the lean system should have been part of the game, it is so important to the actual function of sneaking around. If you poke you body out just an inch, the guards blitz you. But, if you had the ability to lean or poke your head around a corner, it would be different (at least I would hope).

0nion
21st Oct 2002, 23:13
For general walking/sneaking around I use the third person, but when I need to place a beretta round in the back of someones head, I switch to the first.

pooch
22nd Oct 2002, 12:49
I see your point Onion, but some of us 1st person purists love to play mainly in 1st person mode, which would make a lean system very nice. But, now that I think about it, if I needed to poke around corners, I did so with the 3rd person camera mode. I'm assuming this is why they decided against it, one less function to confuse people I suppose.

Lake
22nd Oct 2002, 13:08
I have gotten very good at only using the 3rd person view.

Dasim4
23rd Oct 2002, 01:27
1st person gives you a much better view of what you are actually targeting so you can tell better if there is something between you and the enemy. This is a big help in tight places. The first person lean worked in the demo I think. Funny they would choose to leave it out of the first person but give it to the third where you can see around corners anyway. Kind of stupid really.