PDA

View Full Version : How often do you crash?

Art Dealer
18th Oct 2002, 15:15
I crash every 15-30 minutes!!!
This game is freaking awesome!But the game crash too much!!!Usually Im playing the most exciting part,like I just killed some general and going to grab the case and leave...then "Hitman2.exe error"...that's ****ing break the mood!!!!!!
I think that EVERYONE have the 10 minutes crashing problem too,there are only 2 ways to solve it:
1.)Please release a damn patch to fix it!!!
2.)Finish every missions in 9 minutes.

xarax
18th Oct 2002, 16:14
Hitman2 has never crashed on me, and I play for hours at a time. I think there should be a "never" option on the poll.

Catman
18th Oct 2002, 16:51
I, too, have never crashed, so I can't vote in the poll.

Art Dealer
18th Oct 2002, 17:21
No problem~
Come back when you crashed :D

Dasim4
18th Oct 2002, 22:54
Mine goes a little longer, maybe an hour, but eventually it will lock up. Screen just freezes requiring a reboot. I initially had problems with starting the game but got that cleared up.

doesken
20th Oct 2002, 19:23
Every 10 minutes before I finished the first level. Only way I finished it was to use up all 7 of my saves. After I cleared it, I can't get further than the load page when it just exits to desktop without an error message. I can't get it fixed no matter what I try, and I have tried every suggestion on the forum and the faq.:confused: :mad:

Gorbag
21st Oct 2002, 22:28
Never even got started.

All I ever get is a spinning CD icon

0nion
21st Oct 2002, 22:55
Honest to god, I've beaten the game, and I still havn't experienced a crash.

Art Dealer
22nd Oct 2002, 14:06
Duhh...8 out of 11 cant play longer than 30 minutes for now...

Strangelove
26th Oct 2002, 15:57
Gorbag, so far you're the only one that has mentioned my specific problem.

The game DL's fine, so it seems, but when I click executable I get the spinning CD mouse cursor for about 3-5 minutes and then nothing happens.

I've reinstalled the game 4 times and always the same.

I've turned off EAX in game configs and have settings on lowest features in config as well.
Never had demo installed.
I im league play on another Vidgame so I know my system works ok.

ANYONE tell me how I can get this game to actually work??

I was about to return the game today but after finding these boards I'll wait another day or so.

PIII550
128mg RAM
Soundblaster Live
GF2MMX

This is so frustrating....

Saba
26th Oct 2002, 19:32
Sorry, SL, I can't think of anything.

My game crashes only once or twice a week. I get an error in "Hitman.dll" when I'm loading a game. Of course, its not unbearable--I won't be losing any mission progress. While the performance does leave a little to be desired, I think it's an even compromise with the superb gameplay.

Strangelove
27th Oct 2002, 05:22
Well I don't know what the exact problem was, but replacing a specific file in my Hitman2 game folder with a fixed version I found on the net sems to have cured my problem.
I got three crashes the first couple of hours of play but not since after another hour of play or so. My hardware could use updating so I'll live with that.

I think the executible is screwed. Hope Eidos puts out an official fix patch because this game is great. I'm so glad I got it working, it was worth the frustration.
I'm am totaly absorbed in the game atmosphere.
This game is hard, addictive, and fun.

Good job Eidos, just fix the bugs please.

xarax
29th Oct 2002, 05:00
I finished the game. It never crashed on me. Ran perfectly with maxed out graphics and sound.

homerpez
30th Oct 2002, 00:04
I'm lucky... I get the 10-minute crash (spontaneously closing the game and going to desktop), AND a unique audio-related problem that is NOT fixed by disabling EAX. Music, sound effects are all fine, but voices are ALL messed up!

In fact, I'm going to check on that problem right now...

AMD Athlon 1Ghz
512MB RAM
Geforce4 Ti 4200
Sound Blaster PCI 128 (which is supposed to work with EAX turned off, dammit!) :mad:

I will actively seek out that internet patch, maybe that's it...

Paco
27th Nov 2002, 16:46
I've not had a single crash. The EAX sound doesn't work right though. What's up with that? I have a SB Live Platinum 5.1 so it should work. This game is great. No crashes at all.

AMD 800
512 PC133 SDRAM
GeForce 2 Ultra 64MB

masterMixer
28th Nov 2002, 09:09
Mine crashed between 5 and 30 min. sometimes back to desk top sometimes to THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, but now it crashes EVERY time I get to the elevator movie in "basement killing".:mad:
I agree with most when I say that it is a killer game except fo it's instability.
I have no problem running any other games.

I'm running:
XP Home OS
AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.1
Asus nvidia G3 deluxe 68m
972megs of ram
Sound Blaster X-gamer 5.1
and much much more

ValsFan
10th Nov 2004, 00:44
I crash all the time, with both hitman 2, and hotman contracts.

just a lousy lockup, the SAME with both games.

eax has been off, and on, and all the adjustments possible, no change.

it just LOCKS, and has to be restarted, anywhere from 30 secs of starting, and 15 mins of starting.

I LOVE this game, when I can actually play it, the limited saves doesnt help either
:mad:

AMD 1.73 ghz
Win XP pro
512 ram
GE Force FX 5200
SB LIVE!

never had ANY problems with running any other games (and I have ALOT of them)

and yes I did delete my temp files

FredtheHobo
16th Nov 2004, 04:55
for hitman: SA i only had crashes when i had the p5 glove enabled (i think thats what its called its in the config menu). as for Contracts i dont think i've ever gotten a lockup. i have both the v1.01 SA patch and the v1.74 Contracts patch. perhaps those are part of the problem (if you dont have them i mean) other than that i'd suggest gettin the newest drivers for all hardware, and the newest directx

real_mans_toy
2nd Dec 2004, 15:32
FREDtheHOBO is right, I've noticed that P5glove causes the game to crash more often.
I've updated my game to 1.1 and I hadn't crashed since.:D