PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

ChowYunFat
17th Oct 2002, 21:38
I haven't posted in a while but I'm still here, lurking around in the shadows. I just wanted to post something to let everyone know I hadn't dropped off the face of the earth!

I have a nice two-week vacation coming up in November & plan on bringing my laptop with me so I'll be doing some Thief-ing in cheap motels up & down the eastern seaboard. And, just to get into the Thief mentality, I even may steal an ashtray or two! ;)

I hope everyone is well.

theBlackman
17th Oct 2002, 22:12
Welcome back. Was wondering about you, of course, we have been wondering about you for years. But we won't talk about that. :D

Huntress
18th Oct 2002, 00:57
Hi ya CYF...nice to see your still hanging around our Guild and all is well :) Glad your getting a little respid and away from the grind for a bit ;)

LOL, I believe there are several of us that fit into the Garrett mode when visiting a motel/hotel for a few souvenirs to tuck into our littlle pouches :D Thankfully, no guards around for me to have to BJ either! :D

Have a great time and do enjoy! Ta and Good Hunting!

Hawklette
24th Oct 2002, 23:00
OHHH!!! So sorry almost missed your post. I haven't been checking the threads as much as I used to either. Seems I have tooooo many things stewing. Welcome back!!! :D

BrokenArts
24th Oct 2002, 23:04
Hey CYF, whats shaking? Good to see you haven't lost your thievin skills, lurking skills, hope to see you taffin here more. :)

clayman
25th Oct 2002, 01:55
Howdy ! :)

The Rock's MRS! UK
25th Oct 2002, 12:24
This BIG hello, comes all the way from the UK

ChowYunFat
27th Oct 2002, 04:12
Still lurking & playing Hitman 2 at the moment. The game has its attractions, but it isn't Thief. One feature of the game is a sort of suspicion-meter which lets you know how suspicious the people nearby are of your appearance, sort of like the visibility gem. I haven't found it to be nearly as useful though & pay attention to it only occasionally. You're now able to hide in dark corners to a certain extent & sometimes it's important what kind of surface you're walking on since some make more noise than others. The missions are more open-ended than Hitman 1, but still not nearly as open as anything in Thief. Part of that is due to the nature of what you're doing since in Hitman you usually have a single specific task to accomplish while in Thief you're encouraged to explore around. But the influence of Thief is obvious on this game as it is on the numerous other forthcoming shooters that include a sneaker element.

Huntress
27th Oct 2002, 05:10
I agree with you CYF...many of the new games coming up that I've been reading about lately are definately showing many of the same features of Thief and using Stealth...light meters of various methods, etc. Must be some ex-TTLG'rs in the mix :D Even Deus EX has some similarities but on a different level of gameplay. It would seem DE II might even be more so in this next series? Someone did make a mutator for it to have somekind of lightgem(?) but I haven't bothered with it since you do have "cloak" to become invis ;) However the mutator they made for UT to use Thievery invis was a neat variation to play with :)

Glad to see your still about and waiting around like the rest of us Taffers :D Ta and Good Hunting!

Lady in Black
28th Oct 2002, 00:39
Welcome back CYF! I'm new here, but just wanna welcome you back.:)