PDA

View Full Version : Do you want them to include the option of human body bulletholes in the next patch?

Art Dealer
17th Oct 2002, 17:05
That's one of the thing I keep playing Hitman1 again and again :p
Make it optional so people think it cause lag they can turn it off...and people who enjoy shooting corpse can turn it on :p

rhettburns
17th Oct 2002, 18:39
Definitely needs to be back in the game. It was great sniping someone at point blank and watching chunks fly.

They also need to fix the death physics. They are grossly exxagerated and look comical. The game is much better in many respects to the original but they need to iron out a few things.

needs help
18th Oct 2002, 03:50
i agree

frankysat
18th Oct 2002, 04:56
naw screw that, the flopping around makes it Great! man its a video game now if yer gonna start up with that realism crap, its just a game. I think that lifting someone up off the ground and plastering them to a wall to only lift them higher is the best thing in the world!

TheDarkStar
18th Oct 2002, 07:48
I think the violence level is already more than okay. In UK the game is rated 15. In Germany it is rated 18. Why do you guys need even more violence? The game is no stupid shooter. The challenge is the stealth and to solve the missions the best way possible. Those who demand more violence and bulletholes in bodies should play other games. My opinion.

Art Dealer
18th Oct 2002, 12:45
All I want just the little red hole on the body when I shot someone like hitman1... :p
I'd be very very very happy!!

rhettburns
18th Oct 2002, 14:37
naw screw that, the flopping around makes it Great! man its a video game now if yer gonna start up with that realism crap, its just a game

Well, I think the more realistic a game is the more intense it makes it for the player. I think it looks cartoonish. I can see someone flying back 10 feet if you shoot them with a 50 calibre rifle (even though that is not likely either) but not a 9mm hand gun. Besides I heard that this is a bug that should be fixed in the first patch.

I don't think bullet holes make it more violent. Just makes more sense graphically. If you shoot someone they will have a hole in them. They should just offer it to players who like a higher level of realism.

quinniniho
18th Oct 2002, 17:51
It's a shooting game aint it?? :rolleyes:

, there should be blood or some spatter of red stuff - IMOHO, in shooters, blood is good!!

Although, "SOFII" went "Slightly" over the top methinks.. :eek:

Defkon
19th Oct 2002, 01:33
I vote yes. Only because i think it's helpfull during gameplay to see what your shot placement was. And it could also add a much more difficulty aspect to the game. If for example clothing could be stained by blood (and that the enemy AI noticed it) it would make weapons like the anthestic, and fiberwire more usefull since you wouldn't be able to shoot someone with a shotgun and take his shirt and slacks like they were fresh off the rack.

pooch
19th Oct 2002, 18:56
there should be blood or some spatter of red stuff - IMOHO, in shooters, blood is good!!

My XBOX version DOES have blood in it. The blood splatter physics are pretty good and realistic. Yes, there are no bullet holes in bodies YET, but I'm sure they will release a patch to fix it, or will make sure they do so in Hitman 3...in the works. They listened well between Hitman 1 and the creation of Hitman 2...so I'm sure if you scream load enough, they will hear you and include your request.

Now, to set things straight about the gameplay intentions. Hitman wasn't designed to be an Unreal tournament, but they did include weapons for a reason...to give you the option to go in shooting or to be a SA. I keep hearing that it is either or, but it ISN'T...it's both. If the designers ONLY wanted you to be a SA, they would only equip you with FiberWire and non trajectory silent weapons. But instead, they load you up with Ballers, Sub Machine Guns, AKs, Crossbows, etc.! They are there for a reason...TO USE! Sure it is fun to sneak around the first few times, but then it is fun to go in like the matrix and shoot up the lobby!!:p

Art Dealer
20th Oct 2002, 06:58
It is also fun to pick up the M60 and rambo everyone u see.

Dasim4
25th Oct 2002, 21:54
If they had wanted it to be a pure sneaker only game they would have made it like Thief 1/2 where you die easily and the enemies are numerous. If it only took one or two shots to kill you then you would pretty much be forced to sneak most levels. I'm glad they did it the way they did. I like having the option. It also increases replayability since you can do it both ways and also use multiple methods to complete each level. It's very good for a game to leave the options in the hands of the gamers and not force anything on them. In Hitman1 they forced too many things and people didn't like it and the game suffered for it. They got so much more right this time. I can live without the bloody holes because they weren't very realistic anyway. Now on headshots they should show but I wouldn't want them to fade away like they did in Hitman 1. I want them to stay like they do in SOF or SOF2 not that I'm looking for that type of gameplay here or that much gore but basic bullet wounds should be visible and stay just like the bodies do. They could have the option to turn it off for people with systems that couldn't handle it.

The Captain
7th Nov 2002, 18:58
I never had to sneak around in Theif. Played that like an action game. :D

Muzman
11th Nov 2002, 05:03
It does occur to me that they might have taken them out (or not worried about them) for reasons of ratings.
Yeah I know there's blood on walls and red mist etc, but ratings people work in mysterious ways.
Anyway, that shouldn't be a problem for putting them back in (I mean, what would Jedi Knight 2 have been rated with realistic saber combat as a publicised option?)

Xcom
14th Nov 2002, 02:57
Originally posted by Muzman
It does occur to me that they might have taken them out (or not worried about them) for reasons of ratings.

It did occur to me too but I rejected that thought. Where I come from, both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 are rated 15+ (elspa standard). Hitman 1 has bullet holes and Hitman 2 doesn't. So it doesn't make sense.

Muzman
15th Nov 2002, 13:27
Yeah, but ratings boards aren't necessarilly consistent from year to year. They have also been known to take things in trade. H2:SA could have been threatened with a higher rating or worse somewhere so they offered to reduce the gore by removing bullet holes in people.
Sounds silly, but stranger things have happened in the world of ratings.
Anyway, perhaps they just felt a twinge of something or other about the old 'wearing bullet riddled disguises' thing ;)
I wann'em back regardless!

Qua)Dragon
24th Nov 2002, 01:02
(I mean, what would Jedi Knight 2 have been rated with realistic saber combat as a publicised option?)

Well just so u know, in Dungeon Seige, they went and re-rated the game because it had a "gore" cheat. (re-rated "M") Then Microsoft went and patched that part of the game out (bastards! :D ) Then it got bumped back down to "T"

Just so u know...:D

Xcom
24th Nov 2002, 03:02
JK2 has a cheat too. By using it you can chop off limbs, heads, etc. Especially funny with Stormtroopers. But...no blood there.

LiL Goten
24th Nov 2002, 21:45
What kind of thread is this, the majority answer is pretty much obvious lol. Of course we should have it, from what i remember it won't change the rating of the game.