PDA

View Full Version : Strange habits anyone?

Godfather
17th Oct 2002, 16:02
Actually the question exists out of two parts ...

The first part is concerning your personal life and the second one is regarding you playing (Tomb Raider-)games ...

Part 1

One of my strangest habits is that I reeeeeeaaaalllly like mixing a little mint syrop with milk. I know it sounds crazy and most of you wouldn't even wanna do it with water; which is the common way of drinking mint syrup, because you have to make a mix because if you drink purely mint syrup, you could experience a serious stomachache! So do it! Take a glass and fill it up for 1/3 with mint syrup and the rest 2/3 with milk; then mix and you've got the sweetest drink ever made ... of course: you'd have to like mint in the first place to eventually like this drink. :D It really tastes very good (if you like mint; that is) and it's not dangerous to drink it. Take me for example ... I turned out to be ok, didn't I? Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that! :rolleyes: :D

Part 2

When I play Tomb Raider, I always wanna live through this experience. I wanna feel exactly what Lara Croft feels at every, single moment and I wanna experience the whole thing as realistic as possible. I want sweat to come running of my forehead when I play the game and I wanna have goosebumps if I finish a difficult level or even the entire game and hear that beautiful, classic music which tells me I did a good job.

I only have this need for game-reality with the Tomb Raider-series although I try to do exactly the same with Max Payne. Now ... in order to achieve a thing like this, I've gotta play the game at night with my headphone on my ... head :rolleyes: and breating in the music ... the danger ... the adventure! I hope I don't sound too crazy, but eventually I wanna ask you the following question ...

Does anyone of y'all out there have strange -not too personal- habits that you feel like sharing with the world. I know there's already a thread about the things that you dislike about yourself, so don't go mentioning that here; keep it for the other thread. Just mention the things that you're kinda proud of and feel like sharing with the rest of us, because: what you do, is soo great a thing that you want others to try it for themselves as well. Do you have that?!

P.S.: if this is like ... thé dumbest thread ever started, John Carter or GoranAgor or any other moderator can shut it down ... I'd understand -not appreciate- but understand. :D

DaveJ
17th Oct 2002, 16:04
............................................................no.

Polar_Andromeda
17th Oct 2002, 16:44
Part 1: I'm into astral projection, but sometimes I just get so scared, that it ruins the whole experience.:eek:

Part 2: I bet this has happened to everyone, but while playing TR in the past, I have been just so obsessed w/ saving that it sort of took the fun out of the game, but now I'm cutting down on my saving, and only try to save after I've covered quite a bit of ground in a level.:)

dhama
17th Oct 2002, 16:49
You are lonely, aren't you...........

My strange habits consist of ..... doh! you nearly got me that time :D

THE True Lara
17th Oct 2002, 18:08
I'm an English eccentric, I couldn't possibly list all my weird habits?!

Solaris
17th Oct 2002, 20:21
I have a strange habit of leaving things till the last mintue (is it strange or just me?)

Tomb Raider Strange habit is that i am always afraid when i am playing it. I feel like i am in the game, then i remember there is a reset button...:D

THE True Lara
17th Oct 2002, 22:52
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian

Tomb Raider Strange habit is that i am always afraid when i am playing it. I feel like i am in the game, then i remember there is a reset button...:D

'tell you what'll take the edge off it, play your own music in the background! I do :D I just start a playlist on RealOne before I load up TR. Today I was drowning Lara to the sound of Bach's 5th piano, and the other week I was in the middle of an FMV in TR3 when the whole mountain starts shaking just as the chorus in Song2 starts! -it was funny at the time ;) If I can find a particularly up-beat song I may go back and finish the floating islands level one day.... ? ;) (found that level sooo depressing!)

Racinlady
18th Oct 2002, 03:53
..............................many!

Racinlady
18th Oct 2002, 03:54
too many to mention on both 1 and 2 :D

**angelic**
18th Oct 2002, 20:07
One of my strange habits among many is that when I type, afterwards, or before when I'm trying to think, I always have to shake my hand like I've got cramp in them or something. I didn't realise I did this until a few minutes ago when I was thinking what to type. Not very interesting. I'm sure I could think of something better. But anway...

My strange Tomb Raider habit is that when I'm playing it, every minute when I don't have to grab something or do something with my hands, I always have Lara's guns out just in case something comes. Which is stupid I know. And also I always feel scared too!!!! Just the feeling that there is something ahead that is going to try and kill me. And another thing is that whenever I'm playing and something suprises me I scream and hit ESC. Thats stupid too, I know.

MountainDewNut
18th Oct 2002, 20:18
Let's see. Whenever I hear a noise, I purposly think of the worst possable that that could happen, and scare myself.

Another habbit I have is that I do some of Lara's moves. ie. When I run, I lower my head like Lara does when she sprints. Sometimes I'll even do the roll.

thanhkim
18th Oct 2002, 20:30
Everyday habit: too many to list I'm just one freaky kind of girl.

TR: I keep playing and playing the game and then I realize I'm busting to go to the toliet so I do a Lara sprint to the toliet and also I sit on my feet so long they go to sleep!

Polar_Andromeda
19th Oct 2002, 02:06
Originally posted by **angelic**
My strange Tomb Raider habit is that when I'm playing it, every minute when I don't have to grab something or do something with my hands, I always have Lara's guns out just in case something comes. Which is stupid I know.

Don't worry. I do that, too. Pretty much everyone does it. We don't, after all, want to be surprised w/o our guns in our hands. ;)

DarkangelKS
19th Oct 2002, 03:54
for part one: whenever i go 2 mcdonalds or burgerking i always get a vanilla shake and french fries because it tastes really good to dip the french fries into the shake....seriously it does try it!!

part two: when i play tomb raider and use the look button i usually move my head like doing that will help me see better, i cant help it but my friend once made fun of me for doing it

MountainDewNut
19th Oct 2002, 04:29
Originally posted by DarkangelKS
for part one: whenever i go 2 mcdonalds or burgerking i always get a vanilla shake and french fries because it tastes really good to dip the french fries into the shake....seriously it does try it!!

Oh yeah, baby!!!!!! I do it with a black cow though (root beer with ice cream).

Cleber
19th Oct 2002, 04:39
I knew there were people like me!
I felt the same way and more. I started playing Tomb Raider II for the first time and compared to the other action games it was a work of art. I began feeling the sweat, hard thinking, motivated AFTER REALIZING IT WAS DIFFICULT. No sir, it was not an average game like all(I MEAN ALL) games I have ever played!!!!!!
It was then when I began to be a Tomb Raider fan. Then I bought Tomb Raider Gold as well. Even knowing it had lower rendering than TR II I still tried to feel all the excitement.
Then I played all other TR's.
About your milk with mint syrup: what are you saying? I never tried but I sure liked the idea the first time I saw it.
Piece for all and gooooood night and tomb raidering. Don't get killed while being like Lara in the REAL WORLD!
C ya!
:D

rocconorth
19th Oct 2002, 07:15
Originally posted by THE True Lara
I'm an English eccentric, I couldn't possibly list all my weird habits?!

Oh....I'm sorry.:p

1. I feast on my nails like a complete circus freak. (yes...carney's bite their nails...duh.) The only way I can stop is if somebody whacks me and tells me... "Stop That!"

2. In Tomb Raider I put on music during the bits that are particularly scary. It freaks me out too much if I don't.:eek: (geez...what a wimp I am.)

Godfather
19th Oct 2002, 14:21
And another thing is that whenever I'm playing and something suprises me I scream and hit ESC. Thats stupid too, I know.

:D :D It doesn't happen a lot that I laugh out loud, but you got me there, girl! :D funny stuff! :D

TombRaiderChik
19th Oct 2002, 14:40
personal strange habbits-well i could name many! but at the moment im thinking im somewhat paranoid along w/ all my other issue :p:D

TR strange habbits-i get way toooo involved in the game!!! if somethin pops up itll scare the shyt outa me and ill just jump outa my seat and scream (well maybe thats exageration a bit but i do scream) i also run around most of the time w/ laras guns holstered. i dont know y but i hardly ever have them in the holsters!

THE True Lara
19th Oct 2002, 16:13
Originally posted by rocconorth

1. I feast on my nails like a complete circus freak. (yes...carney's bite their nails...duh.) The only way I can stop is if somebody whacks me and tells me... "Stop That!"

rocconorth..... STOP THAT! :D
*throws empty cherry-bakewell box*

Raider Sunrise
19th Oct 2002, 16:20

My strange Tomb Raider habit is that when I'm playing it, every minute when I don't have to grab something or do something with my hands, I always have Lara's guns out just in case something comes. Which is stupid I know. And also I always feel scared too!!!! Just the feeling that there is something ahead that is going to try and kill me. And another thing is that whenever I'm playing and something suprises me I scream and hit ESC. Thats stupid too, I know.

Exactly the same here!!!

Originally posted by rocconorth

In Tomb Raider I put on music during the bits that are particularly scary. It freaks me out too much if I don't. (geez...what a wimp I am.)

I play TR with the radio on most of the time :)

A personal strange habit of mine is that I don't bite my nails but whenever I have nail polish on my nails I can't keep myself from actually biting the nail polish as if trying to eat it or something... lol :D