PDA

View Full Version : Ambieglessen?



Twitch
17th Oct 2002, 15:20
Just curious what the word Ambieglessen means in German. I learned German many years ago but it was not in the curriculum. My old Engligh/German dictionary has nothing to help. I tried English for commano, spy, intruder, resistance, etc but no luck. When the say "wir haben ein Ambieglessen"- "we have a ???"

Also does anyone know what the Japanese phrase/word that sounds like 'buke a juke a da" is and the "takshiro" sounding thing they are always saying?

Xcom
17th Oct 2002, 16:30
Never heard this phrase before.
Are you sure it's ein Ambieglessen and not

einem bieg lessen or gelassen

Mike_B
17th Oct 2002, 16:34
Originally posted by Twitch
Just curious what the word Ambieglessen means in German. I learned German many years ago but it was not in the curriculum. My old Engligh/German dictionary has nothing to help. I tried English for commano, spy, intruder, resistance, etc but no luck. When the say "wir haben ein Ambieglessen"- "we have a ???"


Just a wild guess but I think it means "we have a prisoner".

Thorup
17th Oct 2002, 21:30
nah don't think so @m. I thought it was Gefangenen or something...almost the same as in Norwegian:)

but I am not good in german, only had it for three years, so u guys probably know better than me

Twitch
18th Oct 2002, 15:30
Phonetically it sounds like "Ambeiglessen" If you shoot the guy right outside the window of the church in Saving Smith they say this and I think a couple other times. I can't be sure it is one word or more than one but it's got me puzzled. Drat!!!

Can't find the word Beig and Lesen with one "s" means to read.
Gelassen means to stay calm I believe. Oh well...thanks.

Thorup
19th Oct 2002, 13:03
las means read in past, I think

4Eyes
25th Oct 2002, 11:52
Maybe it is: 'Wir haben ein angegriefen' or something. Angreifen is 'to attack' if I remember correctly. So it could mean something like 'we have someone who has been attacked' or 'this guy's been attacked.' They say it when they see a wounded/killed comrade

It also took me a while to understand what the spy says when he tells the enemy soldier to go somewhere. 'Seh mal dort' (Look over there).

As far as the Japanese soldiers...I don't know Japanese (either one of three languages they have), so I can't be of assistance there.

Yakkalot
26th Oct 2002, 06:46
While we're on the subject, in the giant in Haiphong, all the signs are in japanese, I guess because it was emant to be japan originally, but what do they say?

And i think the world is "ambergriefen" which means attack.

Twitch
9th Nov 2002, 00:38
For sure it's something like "how has this happened?" when they find a dead goon.

1shot1kill
9th Nov 2002, 06:51
Well, i haven't played in a while but i believe 1 sentence they say is wir werden angegriefen. (sp?)

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
9th Nov 2002, 12:13
Originally posted by 4Eyes
Maybe it is: 'Wir haben ein angegriefen' or something. Angreifen is 'to attack' if I remember correctly. So it could mean something like 'we have someone who has been attacked' or 'this guy's been attacked.' They say it when they see a wounded/killed comrade



"Wir Haben Ein Angegreifen" basicly means "We Have An Attacker" :D

simple ain't it? :D

1shot1kill
9th Nov 2002, 15:04
For some reason does the last word not sound right if it means what you say.=, it's the right word but in the wrong way i think.

4Eyes
11th Nov 2002, 13:23
"Wir Haben Ein Angegreifen" basicly means "We Have An Attacker"

No. We have an attacker would translate to: Wir haben ein Angreifer.

German is much like Dutch in most ways (well, probably the other way around, but anyway...)

in Dutch it's 'Aanvallen' (Angreifen, to attack)
then 'ze vallen aan!' (Sie greifen an, they're attacking)
further 'aanvaller' (Angreifer, attacker)
and 'we worden aangevallen (Wir wirden angegriefen, we're being attacked)

So I still think it's 'Wir haben ein Angegriefen (we have someone attacked here) OR it could be 'Wir haben uns angegriefen' which more or less translates to 'We are being attacked.'

But anyways, it might not even be really correct German, seeing that the game was made by a group of Spanish or Portugese people. Overall, they did their research well, though.

silverhawk_flash
26th Nov 2002, 00:40
Originally posted by Yakkalot
While we're on the subject, in the giant in Haiphong, all the signs are in japanese, I guess because it was emant to be japan originally, but what do they say?

And i think the world is "ambergriefen" which means attack.

The signs in Haipong are in Chinese, not Japanese. Even though this level takes place in Siam(now Vietnam), Chinese is a common language there. I haven't looked at all the signs, but the main ammunition warehouse has the sign "warehouse" written in Chinese (WHAT A SHOCKER!):eek:

Twitch
26th Nov 2002, 16:56
4Eyes- I think that is it. That seems to be logical with the mood of things and inflection since it's not a question.

Wow Silverhawk, good going on the signs. I still gotta wonder what the 'buka-juka-da" is that the Japernese are always saying.:)

Yakkalot
29th Nov 2002, 08:21
Chinese is a common language there

You're kidding me right?

Either you're a comedian or failed history in high school ;)