PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?!!?no Bullets Holes On Human Body?!?!?!

Art Dealer
17th Oct 2002, 06:01
When im playing Hitman1...when I shot somebody on the head,then it will leave a big red hole on his head...
But now when I play Hitman2,I shot the bad guy in the head...he just died and no bullet holes on his head!!!!!
I turned on blood and gore!!!
WHATS WRONG WITH IT?!?!?!?!DID I SET SOMETHING WRONG?!?!?!!?
I WANT BLOODY BULLET HOLES ON BODY!!!!!!

Xcom
17th Oct 2002, 08:12
As far as I know, there are no bullet holes in H2.

Zaphod
17th Oct 2002, 15:27
It was, in all likelihood, done to save on engine consumption. Tracking invidual bullet holes in up to 30 corpses can really slow down a game and hog up the RAM. And one of the biggest complaints about Hitman 1 was that it was an incredibly draining program, especially for older or slower computers. Doesn't really much matter to me, anyway, as I've gone through the whole game with only 1 shot fired at a target anway.

So, that's my guess.

Art Dealer
17th Oct 2002, 16:01
But I think they should make it an option...so it is better for some ***gots like me who enjoying bloody holes on someone's body ...

Zaphod
17th Oct 2002, 16:49
That's not a bad idea. Maybe it'll get offered in a patch (although for some reason I tend to doubt it).

Xcom
17th Oct 2002, 17:22
Originally posted by Zaphod
And one of the biggest complaints about Hitman 1 was that it was an incredibly draining program, especially for older or slower computers.

Bullet holes rock. I played H1 on a slow machine WITH bullet holes and it did okay. I don't really think it's a performance issue. Bullet holes decals don't stay forever. They disappear (in H1 and the majority of other games) before they can cause any significant performance hit. I think guys @ IO either didn't have time to make this feature or were too lazy. It would be nice if they added it in a patch though.

Elenkis
17th Oct 2002, 18:49
It's a lot more complicated to add wound decals with the new modelling system that they're using in Hitman 2. Sure it can be done, but it would have taken too much time to get it in before release.

They're thinking about adding it an patch... Depends on how much work it ends up being.

Personally I really don't care much since the bullet wounds only last for exactly 5 seconds before disappearing in Hitman 1. Doesn't really seem worth all the coding time for a patch.

pooch
17th Oct 2002, 19:32
Let's face it, when you've seen 1 bullet hole in the head, you've seen them all. Personally, I don't have time in the game to stand around and take pleasure in bullet holes - gots to get the job done like a true hitman and move on with life.

Muzman
17th Oct 2002, 21:28
I wish they were in. Although I do like shooting people up and seeing the result (call the funny farm quick!) they provided some valuable feedback in terms of knowing, occasionally, where the shot actually hit, as well as general immersion.

Xcom
18th Oct 2002, 09:42
Originally posted by pooch
I don't have time in the game to stand around and take pleasure in bullet holes - gots to get the job done like a true hitman

I, personally, like to squeez everything out of a game. Agreed that this being a sneaky game you might wanna use stealth the first time. But why can't you go guns blazing the second time you play the game, just for fun? Bullet holes would add to the realism then.

pooch
18th Oct 2002, 20:13
Originally posted by Xcom

I, personally, like to squeez everything out of a game. Agreed that this being a sneaky game you might wanna use stealth the first time. But why can't you go guns blazing the second time you play the game, just for fun? Bullet holes would add to the realism then.

I got the Xbox, and unlike the PC version, the Xbox version seems to do a bit of auto-aiming for ya, which sucks for the bullet hole concept due to the fact that it isn't a true show of personal accuracy. Now for the PC game, I agree...2nd, 3rd, 4th time through it would be fun to shoot everything in site and see where you hit'em. I know I loved the bullet hole concept in Rainbow 6 games, and in fact was in awe when the first Rainbow Six game was released for PC. So yes, I see your point on the bullet holes, just disappointed that the Xbox seems to "give" you some shots, which sucks.