PDA

View Full Version : The circle of doom

Glider
16th Oct 2002, 08:08
If you can read this, then I'm not trapped in the circle of doom here on my old computer. However, when I try to post from my new Windoze XP computer, I cannot. Any time I hit the "submit" button, I'm asked once again to log-in, even though I have already. Several times! What the heck is going on?

Well how about that. This thread went up from the old computer.
Now why can't I post from the new one? I log-in, it says "thanx for logging in", then nothing. I can't post. :mad:

Guess I have to surf to Eidon't from the old computer only. :rolleyes:

L Croft
16th Oct 2002, 09:52
Originally posted by Glider
If you can read this, then I'm not trapped in the circle of doom here on my old computer. However, when I try to post from my new Windoze XP computer, I cannot. Any time I hit the "submit" button, I'm asked once again to log-in, even though I have already. Several times! What the heck is going on?

Well how about that. This thread went up from the old computer.
Now why can't I post from the new one? I log-in, it says "thanx for logging in", then nothing. I can't post. :mad:

Guess I have to surf to Eidon't from the old computer only. :rolleyes:

I have exactly the same problem. What do is click where you want to post, then log on when it asks you to as normal, then press refresh on the 'reply to topic' screen and then post as normal. This works most of the time for me. I hope this helps.:)

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 09:56
have your checked all you internet options so you can accept cookies???

V_Croft
16th Oct 2002, 11:27
I use XP as well, but I don't seem to have any problems... So, it may have to do with sthg else, not your XP.

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 11:47
I’ve been trapped in the circle of doom for most of my life, it goes like this; wake up in the morning, go to work, come home from work, go to bed, wake up in the morning, and so on. In between I encounter many rude people who do there best to ruin my already cr*ppy day and I have a pile of bills which arrive daily to add to this misery. Can anyone help me with this problem, maybe it also has something to do with cookies, I do eat a lot of them :confused:

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 12:18
Oh Prelude, it's like we're twins seperated at birth!
Here, break the cookie cycle with a Cherry Bakewell.....
hell, have a whole box!
http://www.mrkipling.co.uk/products/images/pr_im_tttarts.gif

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 12:32
They are exceedingly good...

The way to better your circle of doom Prelude, is to drop a Cherry Bakewell in between each of those daily activities.

Works for me.

As does XP with this forum....never encountered any of those problems Glider.....

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 13:08
I had the exact same problem, but then someone told me to change my pricacy options in internet options to "accept all cookies" and I have been the happiest poster ever since.

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 13:09
Gee thanks guys *bashfully takes box of Bakewells and then devours the lot* (Oops I must learn to pace myself) some really good advice there, I will try it and see how it goes, I will let you know how I did in this weeks group therapy session :D

(TTL could it be true? Were you also discarded by a team of genetic physicians becos you were not….dare I say it……perfect? )

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 13:22
Originally posted by Prelude
(TTL could it be true? Were you also discarded by a team of genetic physicians becos you were not….dare I say it……perfect? )

*GASP!*

...sister...???! Is it really you!!!! :eek: :)

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 13:24
*gasp*

My long lost daughters?

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 13:26
..you must have started young then.... :p

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 13:26
*gasp*

.....Sis?

......Daddy?

*faints*

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 13:29
Nonsense...my clones hatch as 18 year olds...I'm no fool....

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 13:31
*Waves empty bakewell box over Prelude for cooling breeze effect*

there there, we're together now...??? :confused: well, perhaps not mentally....

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 13:36
Glider's gonna be pissed when he sees hes got 15 or so replies....only to discover only 2 are of any use.
Lets say we're just killing time till he gets back with problem sorted.....

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 13:39
Hey, we've made a drastic family revelation here, I think that justifys it!

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 13:43
*coming round* what….er….DaveJ is my Father…..it’s not true, that’s impossible, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

DJ: Search your feelings young prelude you know it to be true

PL: (OB1 why didn’t you tell me)

PL: The force is strong in my family, I have it, my father has and my sister has it, yes TTL, it’s you…..

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 13:46
humm.... well that explains my hairstyle.......

but why did Dave, uh, I mean Daddy, turn to the dark side?

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 14:11
I didn't look good as a blonde.....

GoranAgar
16th Oct 2002, 14:16
Glider, there is a reply in here that is actually helpfull. So don't give up.

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 14:49
Help you they can, mm, yes, your insight serves you well

(@ TTL. lol. now I truly know you are my sister:D )

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 14:59
the fork Prelude, use ...the... fork.......

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 15:04
I'll try.......

GoranAgar
16th Oct 2002, 15:29
Unseen is much that is here.

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 15:34
You disappoint me Master GoranAgar, I was expecting you to say ‘do or do not, there is no try’

I guess I still have much to learn

GoranAgar
16th Oct 2002, 15:48
I was expecting you to say ‘do or do not, there is no try’

Impossible to see, the future is. The dark side clouds everything.

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 16:36
Originally posted by GoranAgar

Impossible to see, the future is. The dark side clouds everything.

I guess I should not have underestimated your power Master, disappointed no longer am I

GoranAgar
16th Oct 2002, 17:19
Originally posted by THE True Lara

BTW: LOMFAIA

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 17:23
In-Log solved problems they are Glider?

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 17:30
http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/usethefork.jpeg

Glider
16th Oct 2002, 20:21
So I had to type it in on the old heap. Still can't get anywhere with the new xp heap. Here's what you would have seen:

If you can see this.......

Then something has gone right on the new computer. I will not change my cookie settings. They're just right. Crispy, but not burnt. :D

I had to log in twice to get this far, but perhaps I've partially solved the problem. I overwrote my link to this forum in my "favourites" because it kept taking me to the new post screen that I was trying to compose a post in when this problem first appeared.

Btw, I don't mind anyone hijacking this thread. I'm an old member here, I go all the way back to the very beginning of the old forum, and I've never ever had so many replies to anything I've posted here before. LOL :D :D

Hmmmm. Overwriting the link didn't work. :( Oh well, this means I still have a use for the old Windoze 98 computer at least. Heh.
:rolleyes:

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 21:18
Why not change your cookie settings though? It sounds like that's what's causing the problem???
Sounds like they're too high and are Ka-pow!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/usetheforkdeflect.jpeg

...deflecting all your needed cookies away.

GoranAgar
16th Oct 2002, 21:26
TTL, do you take those screenshots yourself? If yes, how?

Collin
16th Oct 2002, 21:29
LMFAO at this whole thread!!! http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif

Thanks to the new found Bakewell family for a wonderful end of my evening! ;)

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 21:32
I have the 'Star Wars: Behind the Magic' software, Goran.
I go to the Scene-by-scene section, find the picture I want and capture it use the glide settings on HyperSnap-DX 4.

This latest one is from the old family album, 'tis Prelude and Dad having a bit of a tif ;) ....

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/father.jpeg

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 22:14

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen007.gif

TTL I have sooooo much respect for you girl that is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on this forum, kudos to you forever, I'm proud of you sis, sorry gotta go.... filling up http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/traurig/traurig003.gif

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 22:28
I go to the Scene-by-scene section, find the picture I want and capture it use the glide settings on HyperSnap-DX 4.

This latest one is from the old family album, 'tis Prelude and Dad having a bit of a tif ;) ....

OMG this is toooo much, thanks TTL, my neighbours have just sent for the men in white coats, they know I am alone in here but they can here me rolling around screaming with laughter, they think I’m mad already, how am I gonna explain this one!!!!

Kudos again, may the fork be with you always http://smilies.networkessence.net/ups/DeNiro/r2d2.gif

As for me and dear old dad, I know it was kinda trivia you know fighting over who has the last Bakewell, but you know why I had to face him….

THE True Lara
16th Oct 2002, 22:31
I do indeed my dear, I do indeed, and if it's made you laugh, then it's all been worth while! :)

rocconorth
17th Oct 2002, 04:51

Is it true?! The mysterious Prelude has been photographed...finally!!! I thought for sure that "Bigfoot" and the "Loch Ness Monster" would have been captured on film before everyone's favoUrite motor!!! Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that any of her "rumored" tatoos are visable in this shot.:p Oh well...I guess you can't have it all.

BTW TTL, that subject title (You have been baked well, but you are not a Bakewell yet!) is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have read. Kudos to you!!!:D

GoranAgar
17th Oct 2002, 06:07
Isn't that a bit too easy? I hoped for something like video capturing or a Laserdisc involved. For a second I was almost impressed ;) :p

THE True Lara
17th Oct 2002, 07:48
I could indeed have done it from video or DVD, as I've got the facilities for that too :p, but it was quicker, and the quality of the picture was better from 'Behind the Magic' :)

DaveJ
17th Oct 2002, 07:57
I look good in black.....

Glider....as Han Solo once said, "Let the Cookie win...."

DaveJ
18th Oct 2002, 08:36
BTW daughters....you both have something else in common you may or may not be aware of.

THE True Lara
18th Oct 2002, 08:40
:confused: :confused: :eek: :confused: :confused: don't say that now I have to know!

DaveJ
18th Oct 2002, 08:53
Nothing too racy.

You both contacted me independently of the other asking me for details of what my job in TV entails....and both expressed a wish to have a telly career somehow someday.

Spooky, eh?

THE True Lara
18th Oct 2002, 09:11
Originally posted by DaveJ
....and both expressed a wish to have a telly career somehow someday.
I did?!?!
I mean, you're actually right, but I don't actually recall indicating as such.
Darn it Dave, how do you do that?!?!? :confused:
*gasp*
......you really are one with the force! :eek:

DaveJ
18th Oct 2002, 09:16
I prefer the Dark Side of the Farce...

GoranAgar
18th Oct 2002, 09:21
I have seen him using the fork .... :eek:

THE True Lara
18th Oct 2002, 09:25
*GASP!*
surely not Goran! :eek:

GoranAgar
18th Oct 2002, 09:26
*looks for some thin ice*

Wait till he uses the Juice. :D

DaveJ
18th Oct 2002, 09:28
Obi Wan Crumpet...at your service....

GoranAgar
18th Oct 2002, 10:11
Found some crumpets at the Superstore when we were in Canada.

But we will be in London soon so I will hunt for some more. Olééé.

Prelude
18th Oct 2002, 10:59
You both contacted me independently of the other asking me for details of what my job in TV entails....and both expressed a wish to have a telly career somehow someday.
Spooky, eh?

The truth he speaks, this I did. I enquired about the dark side and I expressed concern about being too old to begin the training. He told me that once you begin the journey down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny. I told him I have a gift and he said he knew, I enquired how he knew this and he said becos he had felt my presents :D

TTL I feel the conflict within you but we can not fight him, let go of your hate, our father…he is

V_Croft
18th Oct 2002, 12:20
ROTFLMAO!!! May the FORK be with you guys!

http://www.boomspeed.com/v_croft/CW.JPG

THE True Lara
18th Oct 2002, 13:37

The truth he speaks, this I did. I enquired about the dark side and I expressed concern about being too old to begin the training. He told me that once you begin the journey down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny. I told him I have a gift and he said he knew, I enquired how he knew this and he said becos he had felt my presents :D

TTL I feel the conflict within you but we can not fight him, let go of your hate, our father…he is

No! Prelude, run away, far away, if he can feel your presents then leave this place. I wish I could go with you... :(

oh darn it, where's Harrison Ford when you need a hug....

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/hanhug.jpeg

DaveJ
18th Oct 2002, 16:06
What...and how do you expect to get your pocket money then?

Prelude
18th Oct 2002, 17:22

No! Prelude, run away, far away, if he can feel your presents then leave this place. I wish I could go with you... :(

No you don't, you've always been strong :) I have seen the good in him, I know I can turn him back to the good side, I have to try, besides you heard what he said if I don't face him we won't get our pocket money

@ V_Croft, LOL, nice one BTW, I like it :D

THE True Lara
18th Oct 2002, 18:37

... besides you heard what he said if I don't face him we won't get our pocket money

good point!
...parents eh? :rolleyes: ;)

(You know this Star Wars indulgence is getting to me, I scared a little kid in the supermarket today; I was looking at the books, and this little boy walks up next to me and starts looking the Attack of the Clones organiser, then all of a sudden, I find myself blurting out; " the first three were best you know!" http://help.microsoft.com/!data/en_us/data/messengerv46_msn.its51/$content$/embaressed_smile.gif oops.... poor kid)

DaveJ
18th Oct 2002, 18:48
Still waiting for my Vader's Day card.....

Glider
18th Oct 2002, 23:16
The circle of doom remains intact. :mad:
I tried dropping my security level, and I also tried the override function where XP will allow all cookies from a designated web site. I still can't do anything in here from the new computer. I can go elsewhere and post all I like, but the Eidon't forums are still off limits to it. Weird. :( :confused: :mad:

Ok, back to whatever you're talking about! :D

THE True Lara
19th Oct 2002, 00:04
Oh, dear, sorry to hear that Glider. :(
Wish I could offer some better advice, but I don't use XP?...

anyway, where were we....
oh yes;

Still waiting for my Vader's Day card.....
Fine, here you are (http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/vadersday.html), suitably Hallmark-ish! ;) :rolleyes:
and if your really lucky I may do you one in Crayon!......

Oooh, ooh, ooh, and could you pleeease write me a sick-note, 'cos I missed the Rebel Alliance meeting on Endor last Monday when I was off ill.... :D ;) :p

BTW, you may want to know, that as a result of this Hallmark & Egreetings hate me and my psychiatrist won't return my calls..... :rolleyes:

Prelude
19th Oct 2002, 03:20
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!! TTL, I take my cloak off to you, you truly are a most powerful Bakewell.

And respect to you too Glider for not getting annoyed at the Bakewells ruling your Universe as Father and Daughters, may the fork be with you.

BTW you didn't miss much at the Rebel Alliance meeting, just some Death Star nonsense

DaveJ
19th Oct 2002, 07:41
TTL....that was superb!
I think I just woke the neighbours....

Shame you missed the meeting...after the Death Star plans were revealed everyone sat down to watch a missing episode of their fave soap "East-Endors".

Glider, I'll have a look at my settings under XP and report back.

DaveJ
19th Oct 2002, 07:47
Have you got cookies enabled in your user profile here at Eidos?

THE True Lara
19th Oct 2002, 12:36
*blush*

thank you, thank you, *bows humbly*
I only strive to be worthy of my heritage. :)

I'd say more, but I'm finding hard to type in my new straight-jacket......
-the keyboard begins to hurt ones nose after a while...... :rolleyes: ;)

Glider
23rd Oct 2002, 23:50
I can't get at my settings from the new computer in order to change them for this one. LOL

But hey! I can post from the new computer now! What's gone partially right? :D

DaveJ
24th Oct 2002, 08:09
hehe....if you can access your CP from one PC to enable cookies in here, they should stay set whatever PC you use to get in here.

Works on XP at home for me and a bloody awful Mac at work!

Glider
18th Mar 2006, 03:26
Hehe, post #67 was the only time I was able to post here at the Eidos forums from my XP computer! :p

But look! I can post here from my XP computer any time I want to now! :cool:

And all they had to do was change the forum engine. LMAO. :rolleyes: :D

Trinity34
18th Mar 2006, 14:06
Welcome back Glider. :)

WraithStar
21st Mar 2006, 22:02
Hehe, post #67 was the only time I was able to post here at the Eidos forums from my XP computer! :p

But look! I can post here from my XP computer any time I want to now! :cool:

And all they had to do was change the forum engine. LMAO. :rolleyes: :D

:p I remember when I first registered (a little over two years ago) I had that exact same problem. I had to mess with the settings in my profile to tell it not to rely on cookies or something like that. I guess that the new forum engine is a lot more user friendly:)

LadyLC
3rd Apr 2006, 20:22
Wow, does this bring back some memories! This had to be the funniest thread I have ever read anywhere; shame that all the photos are now long gone, but thanks Glider for resurrecting it and the memories associated with, and glad that your cookies problem is finally sorted :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Apr 2006, 12:35
What a lovely trip down memory lane, too bad about all the burly orderlies blocking the light though........It only makes the Dark Side that much stronger. ;)

I am glad you persisted, Glider, you brought laughter back with you, too. A nice return gift. :D