PDA

View Full Version : How good videogamer are you?

Navel Raider
14th Oct 2002, 23:10
As I´ve put this topic let me answer my own question:
I am intermediate.
I play almost all kind of videogames, I´ve played since my 13 years old too many videogames as I could play and I´ll keep playing videogames until I get very old.
Videogames fascinate me (as much as charming and intelligent women)!
I just don´t play extremely childish videogames, but I play all the games I can play (believe me, it´s a hard work, but there must be some man or woman who do it).
There can be someone better than me, there can be someone worse than me, but it´s life!

Women of this forum, please reply this topic (I need someone to put on my "buddies list")! But if the men of the forum want to reply it, go ahead!

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 13:43
Well, you asked for it! I'm not very good at playing videogames. For the past years, I have only played two different kinds of videogames and those are Tomb Raider & Max Payne. I'm good at Max Payne: this is what happens when you play a game more than once and with the goal of finishing it as fast as possible without getting hurt too much.

But when we're talking about Tomb Raider ... and I don't mean to brag at all, because blowing your own horn is not a very nice thing to do, but ...

Through my many years of Tomb Raider-experience, I've played each and every Tomb Raider-game with such huge dedication, with such undeniable conviction in Lara Croft as a real person and by absolute obsession with zexy Lara Croft, ... I think I can say that I have become one of the greatest Tomb Raider-gamers ever to live on the face of this world.

Playing Tomb Raider-games started as a way of filling up my spare time ... then it became a hobby ... then it became a passion ... now it has become a true obsession. Kill me and you kill Lara! I ... *men in white costumes come to take me away for the umpteenth time this week* :D

The short story of this all is that I'm actually very good at playing Tomb Raider, good at playing Max Payne and not a total loser at playing other games ... that's the truth! :D

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 15:09
As 99% of videogames are straight-forward linear events, with huge signposts telling one what to do next (FIND A KEY! HIT A SWITCH! COMBINE THOSE TWO PIECES!), it may be that everyone should tackle a genuinely different, challenging game.

One where you REALLY have to think....and in a non-linear way too.

For that reason I suggest everyone try "Grim Fandango" by Lucasarts.

Then we can come back and ask the 'How good are you?" question again.

infinite_sadness
15th Oct 2002, 21:27
I rock at "Tekken"!!!!! :)

Island Girl
15th Oct 2002, 22:05
I only play one video game and thats TR. So I cant say I am a good video gamer especially since I agree with Dave. I'd have to play some challenging games to determine my status. But I think I am pretty good at TR :D

Although when I was younger I liked the old video games like Ms. PacMan, Centipede, Galaga, Tron, etc. And though I was good at some I stink at them now :)

But that was a good question ;)

Love & Aloha

LaraAngelOfDarkness
15th Oct 2002, 23:49
Well I guess I'm an expert in games like Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy(I play them constantly so thats why I consider myself this way), but all other games I don't know. My favorite types of games are Action, Adventure, Survival Horror, Rpg, and Rythm and Dance games(bust-a-groove,Space Channel 5, and DDR.)

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 00:29
I can't really say that I'm an intermediate, advanced, whatever player when it comes to Tomb Raider b/c, like dave pointed out, it's all about following a set of rules, logical sequences, etc, and it's very simple to become a proficient player. It would be quite hard for me to get stuck in a TR level. You don't really need much skill to play it. The only other games I play on a somewhat regular basis are Worms Armageddon (which involves a skill level a bit higher than TR), Unreal Tournament (which is the only game I have that I believe tests your true skills), and some computer chess games that really test your skills. Other than that, I don't have any games, so I can't say much.

thanhkim
16th Oct 2002, 10:06
Well to be honest I could get the award for the worst player I'm good enough to look up walkthroughs and cheats hmmm.?

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 13:13
I can hold my own

LaraLookAlike1
16th Oct 2002, 15:22
I think I'm pretty good at video games- except TR3. I can't even pass the first level! I like first person shooters the best. I'm playing one right now that's called Red Faction. It's pretty good, but not for kids. Some of the graphics scare my daughter, but otherwise it's really good.

On a scale of 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, I'd say I'm a 6.5

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 16:09
Originally posted by Prelude
I can hold my own

Stop putting suggestions into my head.....

Prelude
16th Oct 2002, 16:19
Originally posted by DaveJ

Stop putting suggestions into my head.....

what like: I can hold yours too if you like :D

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 17:22
*think clean thoughts...think clean thoughts....*

GoranAgar
16th Oct 2002, 17:23
Pretender!

Seth
16th Oct 2002, 20:45

How very, very, very true.

I picked up the game when it first game out, played it about 6 times through, and have still yet to get the complete hang of it.

Younglara_babe
16th Oct 2002, 22:09
nice to meet ya hope you like it here. It all depends on what I play I'm a master at some like rugrats racing final fantsy and tomb raider. I not as good at some of the others.

Hope you like it here.

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 23:22

...I suggest everyone try "Grim Fandango" by Lucasarts.

Will do. It sounds quite interesting.

Navel Raider
17th Oct 2002, 03:35
Good, good! The people of this forum has some experience in videogames.
Keep contributing with the topic.

Just a little question:
Did someone had heard about a japanese fighting game named "The King of Fighters"?

Seth
17th Oct 2002, 12:45
Originally posted by Prelude
what like: I can hold yours too if you like :D

Don't encourage him.. :rolleyes:

;)

the_internet_king
17th Oct 2002, 16:28
hm im good at tr but the game im best on is tony hawks 3 ! :D but its not evn on mi top 10 faviorite game list;)

DaveJ
17th Oct 2002, 16:31
Maybe this thread could be cross-referenced with this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6638) one?

Angelcat_and_lara_croft
21st Oct 2002, 19:51
I have played thousands of different games most I have completed some are just to easy som really hard some are just totally weird so I say I am very good:)

Data
21st Oct 2002, 22:29
PC

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2 Gold
Tomb Raider 3 Gold
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2003
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Grim Fandango
Serious Sam
Spiderman
Gunman Chronicles
Half Life GOTY edition
Rune
Druuna:Morbus Graavis
Oni
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Project IGI
Red Faction
Medal of Honour:Allied Assault
Soldier of Fortune II
Max Payne
No-One Lives Forever
Project Eden
Heavy Metal: FAKK 2
Starlancer
Expendable
Tachyon:The Fringe
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Metal Gear Solid
Quake III
Quake III:Team Arena
Aliens V. Predator
Aliens V. Predator 2
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Sin
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - The Fallen
Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force
Urban Chaos
Alice
Blade Runner
The X Files

GAMECUBE

Resident Evil
Bloody Roar
Star Wars: Rogue Leader

XBOX

Dead or Alive 3
Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Genma Onimusha
Oddworld: Munch's Odysee
Rallisport Challenge
Enclave
Hunter:The Reckoning

PSX

Fear Effect
Fear Effect:Retro Helix
Dino Crisis
Silent Hill
Alien:Resurrection
Danger Girl
Parasite Eve II

DREAMCAST

Soul calibur
Resident Evil:Code Veronica
Dead or Alive 2
Resident Evil 2

PS2

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Devil May Cry
Dynasty Warriors 2
Portal Runner
Metal Gear Solid 2
XG3: Extreme-G Racing
Silent Hill 2

Coming very soon:
Brute Force (Xbox)
No-One Lives Forever 2 (PC)
007: Nightfire (PC)
Splinter Cell (Xbox)

Hmm, how do you find the time for work DaveJ :D

I do not have much expertise in game playing, however I believe I did excel more in level creation.
I choose to watch others play games, it is so humorous watching their frustrations; like watching people become slowly inebriated. :D

Wee Bald Man
21st Oct 2002, 23:01
Originally posted by Data
..however I believe I did excel more in level creation.

I sincerely hope that you mean, that you do excel in level creation. I find it rather worrying when talented TR level designers start to talk in the past tense..

WBM

DaveJ
22nd Oct 2002, 07:46

Hmm, how do you find the time for work DaveJ :D

I'm very good at organising my time.

;)

Whats even scarier is that most of those games have been played through more than once.

**angelic**
22nd Oct 2002, 15:41

I LOVED that game, I bought it in a competition with my friends. Quite a stupid thing to do now that I think of it.

Data
22nd Oct 2002, 16:37
Originally posted by Wee Bald Man

I sincerely hope that you mean, that you do excel in level creation. I find it rather worrying when talented TR level designers start to talk in the past tense..

WBM

Please do not be overly concerned counsellor, I believe I still have a few ideas contained within the confines of the tubular garment that covers my arm. ;)

Wee Bald Man
22nd Oct 2002, 23:21
Please do not be overly concerned counsellor, I believe I still have a few ideas contained within the confines of the tubular garment that covers my arm. ;)

That is indeed a relief.. I was beginning to think that I might have to master the art of talking to myself - much like your infrequent conversations with the veritable and much loved Mr Spock.

For a moment I foresaw myself in the distant future with a host of imaginary friends posting encouraging messages to myself like: "Yeah WBM - great level!", and, "Hmm.. no.. that texture sucks!" etc. :)

WBM

Seth
23rd Oct 2002, 02:43
Good Lord..

;)

DaveJ
23rd Oct 2002, 07:48

I believe I still have a few ideas contained within the confines of the tubular garment that covers my arm. ;)

Bandage?!
You had an accident?

the_internet_king
26th Oct 2002, 14:21
@data
i cant even get a quarter of those games on to my computer lol damm windows 98

**angelic**
26th Oct 2002, 17:41
Originally posted by the_internet_king
@data
i cant even get a quarter of those games on to my computer lol damm windows 98

True.:D