PDA

View Full Version : Can't shoot sniper !!!

fcharron
14th Oct 2002, 19:24
Here is my problem:

Because of my button configuration, I can't get to shoot the sniper rifle. Here s where the problem comes in. Hitman 2 seems to have rightMouseButton hardcoded for "exit scopemode" on the sniper. Because I have my right mouse button assigned to fire, it gets overridden when I try to shoot the sniper, exiting the scope mode without shooting.

Would anyone have an idea (I am NOT changing my button config) on how to get by this?

I just hope this will be fixed in an upcoming patch, because I have used the right mouse button for "fire" for years now and am not ready to change now.

Thanks !

fcharron
14th Oct 2002, 19:42
I have found a temporary workaround my problem ... For anyone that might have the same problem, try using your mouse driver software (Microsoft IntelliMouse software in my case) to swap your mouse buttons for hitman2.exe.

I'd still like EIDOS to know aboutthis bug. Does anyone know how to send them an e-mail? The "send e-mail link on their support page only tells me there aren't any known problems about Hitman2-PC_CDROM-Controls.

Zaphod
14th Oct 2002, 19:43
Have you changed what the RMB does in the Button Config screen? It's defaulted to Inventory. Have you changed it to Fire already, then Saved the new config? In your new config, what's Inventory, and is there anything else the RMB is assigned to?

That's a new one on me.

Out of curiousity, if you use the RMB to Fire, what do you use the LMB for?

fcharron
14th Oct 2002, 21:01
Thanks for the reply Zaphod,

Yes, I have changed the default RMB action. To make it short, my desk layout has forced me to use my mouse with my left hand (since Quake 1). I use the RMB (index finger) to fire, and the LMB to jump (or run in Hitman 2's case).

With this configuration (RMB = fire weapon), I can't shoot with the sniper, it only escapes the scope view without firing. Fortunately, the IntelliPoint software lets me change my mouse button assignment. So now, when I click the RMB, Hitman2 thinks I clicked the LMB and vice versa. From the game's point of view, I now use the LMB to fire weapon (which is really my mouse's RMB) and the RMB to run (which is really my LMB).

Now that I found a workaround, I just wanted to let you guys know about this bug that would affect other players that have, like me, assigned fire to RMB.

Thanks again!