PDA

View Full Version : AHH! Some people are so RUDE!!!

**angelic**
14th Oct 2002, 16:30
I can't believe how some people can be so rude!!!! I was just thinking about it, and a story my sister told me came to mind. She's at University, and I think she was having a party or something, it was her birthday. Anyway, this HORRIBLE girl went up to her and said to her: 'you've got a pretty face but you could afford to lose some weight!' My sister is not fat, or even chubby. Shes just kind of normal. And she was really upset, and it was on her birthday!!!!! It's one of the most horrible things you can say to anyone!!!!
Oh yeah, and another thing, I really don't like it when people say to you something like this: No offence, but I hate you.
You know when somebody says 'no offence' to you they COMPLETLY mean to cause offence. It drives me craazy. So is it just me who thinks these things or do other people think it's rude too????????????

Jorge22
14th Oct 2002, 16:52
People are mainly crazy...

Goose Master
14th Oct 2002, 16:52
I dont think its rude i KNOW its rude. Peoples role models have changed so much over time people see it on tv find it funny and try copying it not even thinking of the other person. England is full of people like that these days. You even look at someone walking down the street and there all over you, i mean why dont they realise that causing trouble with people will only make what they were planing on doing take longer. People dont think its 'cool' to be polite to people any more.:(

Data
14th Oct 2002, 17:19
This world is made up of different types and some people would not see this as rude because they sincerely wish the other person to look good in their eyes. I believe this is more likely to be because the person who said this lacks something in their own life and this is how they express this shortcoming.

If my breath did not smell very nice for instance, I would appreciate somebody telling me so as long as it were done in a discreet manner, however if someone told me I had a pretty face but needed to lose weight I would have to say; I already know I need to lose weight, however, where do you get off telling me I have a pretty face!! :D

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 21:05
Your sister's lucky really; no one's ever been that polite to me.... :(

thanhkim
14th Oct 2002, 23:25
People can be such pains in the butt.

DarkangelKS
15th Oct 2002, 00:02
OMG my dad does that to me! Just yesteray i was visiting my father because my parents are divorced and my mother has full custody. So i pretty much see my dad about 4 or 5 times a year. Well just yesterday i walked into the room that my dad was in and he looks at me and then turns to my cousin and says "Kristina's getting fat." (referring to me, my name's Kristina) And i know i'm not thin but i'm definitely not fat and i don't understand how he could just say that right infront of me like it was no big deal!! Of course i didnt say anything because i didnt really know what to say. I just pretended that i didnt hear him.

Aquarius
15th Oct 2002, 02:38
People can be really insensitive. So next time someone says something really horrible to you, just tell them something really bad has just happened to you, and then they'll feel like such an ***. :p Works everytime.

infinite_sadness
15th Oct 2002, 19:35
we all go a little crazy sometimes.......

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 00:14
I know exactly what you mean. One time I was walking by a bus stop and this girl was blocking the way, so I said, "Excuse me" and walked by her. Then, out of nowhere she sort of pushed me and called me a slut. I pushed her back, of course. This had never happened to me before. Then she went on to say something like, "You don't know me" blah blah blah and some other stuff I didn't even hear, and I just said, "No, you don't know me!" I was getting ready to go kung-fu on her ignorant ass, but my friend stopped me. Normally, I am a very diplomatic person, but this was just the oddest thing that's ever happened to me. I had never even seen this girl before, and I had no clue what she was talking about. If you knew me, you'd know that no one's ever insulted me, and if they did, they would have my friends and teachers backing me up. What I learned, though, is to instead make people like her look like the fools they are simply by using words, and not to let my anger and outrage take control of me.

**angelic**
16th Oct 2002, 15:11
Yes! People agree with me!!! I thought that everyone would go: No thats not impolite at all ect ect. But I'm glad that some people agree with me. Also not yesterday but the day before, some boy came up to me and barked in my face. I was going to say:

'You look like a dog, you smell like a dog and now you bark like a dog'

But I didn't because I would probably be in a coma now. And aaages ago I was called evil because I was eating in front of a homeless person. What is happening to us?

KoolKat_EF
16th Oct 2002, 20:06
I asked why this boy in my class never attended any of our lessons. Turned out he had Downs Syndrome and the girl I asked about it went round telling people I was taking the p*** out of him.

All I did was ask why he never attended our lessons. How was I supposed to know he had disabilities. I'd never take the p*** out of a disabled person especially as my own brother has learning difficulties (asbergers).

I feel sorry for your sister, **angelic**.

The other week my 10 yr old sister came in crying because some little ***** called Ryan had been hacking on her and her friend. My dad went down there and Ryan was forced to apologise. He was also warned by the police to stay away from our family because the same boy chased my brother through a bramble patch where the thorns slashed his face open and he hit me in the ribs with a phillips hammer last year.

This boy is 4 years younger than me and has a mouth like a sewer as in his vocabulary of swearwords exceeds my own.

What is this world coming to? :(

rocconorth
17th Oct 2002, 05:34
Originally posted by **angelic**

Oh yeah, and another thing, I really don't like it when people say to you something like this: No offence, but I hate you.
You know when somebody says 'no offence' to you they COMPLETLY mean to cause offence. It drives me craazy. So is it just me who thinks these things or do other people think it's rude too????????????

No "offence", but isn't it spelled "offense". Is this another Brit think like with the "U's"?:p Relax yall....I'm only taking the rise a bit. (<<<Am I using that correctly? After all, I'm just a "Yank" trying to fit in in the "Brit" world.)

On a more serious note, I couldn't agree with you more **angelic**. Whenever somebody comes out with the dreaded "no offence/offense" I know I'm not going to like it. Without even realizing it my fist begins to clinch and I find myself ready to........err......grab a beer.:p What? What did you think I was going to say? I'm not going to bring a vice like violence into this pleasant forum. *Chug/Burb*

KoolKat_EF
19th Oct 2002, 19:37
I think both spellings are acceptable. :p
I dunno, I'm merely a Brit trying to fit in a Yankee world. :D:p:D

Nah, only pulling ya leg.