PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be another FF movie?

Deep Purple
14th Oct 2002, 01:08
I mean like as technology is more improved that years earlier, as so greater visuals etc can be used?

Rengar
15th Oct 2002, 01:22
I doubt it, they took a big hit in the pockets from the last one.

It was there own fault, can't have a good animie with out some good sword fighting. If they would have designed the movie around the open sequence of FF8, they would have had a big hit.

N00dles
20th Oct 2002, 23:07
Originally posted by Deep Purple
I mean like as technology is more improved that years earlier, as so greater visuals etc can be used?

I hope not.

4Eyes
22nd Oct 2002, 07:00
I don't know why people think the FF movie was so bad. IMO it was darn good, and not just on the graphical level. The story was well done, though not exactly what you'd expect from a Final Fantasy title (but then again, how could you fit an 80-something hour game in a 90-minute movie?)

It is my opinion (and I don't mean that as an attack) that most people just don't understand the story and therefor say it's a bad movie, but after watching the movie twice, I am beginning to understand the real depth of the story.

I certainly hope there'll be another movie like this, but I am afraid there won't be. Rengar was correct when he said they'd taken a big hit from the first movie. And I agree that basing a movie around the opening scene from FF8 would be just fantastic.

Rengar
22nd Oct 2002, 16:19
They tried to go with the Thinking Drama, route....and it didn't work, this time.

I'm thinking, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", without the cool fight scenes.

It took too much thought.....good for books, but not so good for movies. And the voice acting could have been better (not that it was bad, but they were to familar - Donald Sutherland....the girl that plays Ross from Frasier...a few others).....I thing the guys that did Cowbow Beebop, or/and Outlaw Star, would have sounded better.

MoJo
23rd Oct 2002, 22:16
Well FFmovie 2 would be a nice idea BUT from the last movie, they have had to go to Nintendo to make another FF game to recreate the money lost.

RavE
24th Oct 2002, 00:37
Square sold off there movie company. dont know who 2

Chilled Unit
26th Oct 2002, 11:31
The end took me a couple views to get too.

*Spoiler*

My interpretation is that the eighth spirit is the phantom inside Aki that transforms when she comes close to gaia at the end; hence the "Spirit Within" and that explains the "dream" vision where it tries to kill her and gets ripped out of her body instead.

First time I watched it it was a bit of a puzzle how she suddenly had the eighth spirit, but second time through it seemed straightforward.

vakusuma
26th Oct 2002, 22:09
The critics smashed it, and I doubt that the critics are the fan of this kind of far-off fantasy story.

This is not like a game, where a fanatic cult of followers can allow the game to survive. This is a movie, and critics determine whether the movie lives or not and whether there'll be more.

Sad.

I like the movie myself.

3car
27th Oct 2002, 11:42
Hmmm-

The only problem the FF Movie had was: the presence of umpteen other save-the-world type movies. IE: Asteroids, the one with Bruce Willis; can't remeber the name of it, and so on...

While the FF Movie pioneered the almost human-appearing characters, ever, in a film, it failed miserabley at telling the story. Period. Even I, who works in the game industry, had a heck-uv-a time following the story-line; such as it was. Square could have done MUCH better if they would have produced, filmed, developed and epic along the lines of Final Fantasy VI or VII. Period. A movie of like this would have been easier to explain and prove if it wasn't so dadgum realistic. Like the damn clairol commercials. heheh.. is she or isn't she. :)

anyway-

they piqued the critics interest; graphics-wise, and should not be short on work in other movies.

As for another FF Movie: ain't gonna happen. Square sold that off and a bunch of NEAT technology. Reallly neat stuff.

So Lucas makes another Billion bucks.

3car
-luck

Deep Purple
29th Oct 2002, 21:45
For the record - can any one here list the the actors who did the voices?

thanx

Rengar
30th Oct 2002, 03:33
http://www.finalfantasy-spiritwithin.com/

"The voices to be used in the movie were announced in June 1999 and will include Alec Baldwin (Hunt for Red October), Ming Na Wen (The Joy Luck Club), James Woods (John Carpenter's Vampires), Donald Sutherland (Outbreak), Ving Rhames (Mission Impossible), Steve Buscemi (Armageddon), and Peri Gilpen (Frasier). "

http://movies.go.com/filmography/Credits?movie_id=42935

"VOICES OF: Ming-Na Wen - Doctor Aki Ross
Alec Baldwin - Captain Gray Edwards
Ving Rhames - Ryan
Steve Buscemi - Neil
Peri Gilpin - Jane
Donald Sutherland - Doctor Sid
James Woods - General Hein
Keith David - Council Member #1
Jean Simmons - Council Member #2
Matt McKenzie - Major Elliot"