PDA

View Full Version : The BathHouse loot??

Nightwalker
13th Oct 2002, 15:32
I've been playing The BathHouse and I'm stuck on the loot. There's an available loot total listed of 1900g., but I've gotten to 1300 and that's it. I also have 2 paintings, which have a seperate loot total of 250g., so I'm kind of assuming that you would deduct that off of the 1900, right? That would mean that the real total available would be 1650g., which would not be enough to complete the loot objective of 1700g. on Expert. (I'm only playing on Hard, but I'd like to find the rest of the loot.)

There are 2 pirate chests in a building down on the waterfront that I can't find a way to open. None of my keys work and they aren't pickable. Does anyone know how to open them? Any help would be appreciated.

Zaccheus
13th Oct 2002, 17:26
I'm sure you know this already, but many chests can be opened using your sword (just like bashing a door).
:)

Nightwalker
13th Oct 2002, 17:52
I tried that but it didn't have any effect. I also tried fire arrows, but again, no effect. :)

Vanguard
13th Oct 2002, 18:39
I got the same loot totals: 1300 for one loot inventory item and 250 for a 2nd loot inventory item. It looks like the author screwed up on his loot total or made a secrets impossible to enter (I always wondered why the basement was so huge and yet there was just the one small room with the male servant).

For the big wooden treasure chests, the key that opens the blue treasure chest near the door also opens the big wood treasure chests. The key is on the belt of the guard that stands at the big wood treasure chests. Although the big wood treasure chests are locked, there is nothing in them. Maybe the author forgot to put some loot in them and that's why the max available loot is short of the expected max total.

I noticed the author decided to drop an ironbar gate in the swim tunnel after you get through there but you never find a key to open the metal door to get back inside that house, and you can't jump through the shuttered windows you took to get out (which requires a lot of leaning and wiggling to get through).

You didn't mention which difficulty level on which you were playing. I played on Expert.

Anarchic Fox
13th Oct 2002, 18:54
The metal door can be blown open with fire arrows... but anyway, when I played through this mission on Expert I couldn't reach the loot total either.

Nightwalker
13th Oct 2002, 19:24
Thanks for the reply, Anarchic Fox. I have the key the guard was wearing, but it didn't open the wood chests, just the blue one. I'll try again, though, just to check.

I'm playing on Hard (because I didn't feel like sneaking too much), so I have enough loot to finish, but I wanted to find the rest, for my notes, if it was available. :)

Zaccheus
14th Oct 2002, 12:36
Have you tried this?
Can't find loot? We can help you! (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4702)

Nightwalker
14th Oct 2002, 14:18
LOL! Me? Open something with Dromed??? :eek: Not a chance. Lord knows what I'd mess up. I'll just keep begging for help on the forums. :D

Danventry
14th Oct 2002, 14:28
I tried that once Zaccheus, but it didn't help me much. It gets very confusing. Even after you delete all the unneeded information about keys and guards and doors and such, you still have a lot to go through. And if you only need about 100 loot, there's too much to go through. It could be any one of the mutliple pouches, or a bunch of coins, or some vases worth 50 or any combination.

Vanguard
14th Oct 2002, 16:45
It could also be a screwed up design. The author might've assigned a loot value to one or more objects but not made them frobbable. For example, this occurred in the Hell's Motel FM and the author became aware of it when we taffing players noted the problem.

I've always been a bit suspicious of this FM. I believe a year or so back there were 2 exact copies of this FM but supposedly by different authors (i.e., same FM, different titles, different authors). In the copy of BathHouse that I have, the author isn't even identified anymore. I got rid of one of the duplicate FMs so I don't what the other one was titled.

I noticed the FM description (in Darkloader when it reads the .txt file) for "The BathHouse" and "Waterlogged" are similar, in that both say, "Description: The Local Authorities have just finished
building a new public swimming baths and are to celebrate
its opening this evening with a gala." Both are T2 FMs but they are completely different in design.

According to the Cheap Thief Mission Download site, the author for "The BathHouse" is cdfbr. Any guesses on who this might be (in the form of a human-identifiable moniker)? Since "The BathHouse" and "Waterlogged" share the same description, and since Belboz is listed as the author at Cheap Thief Mission Downloads for "Waterlogged", maybe Belboz is the author for "The BathHouse".

Zaccheus
14th Oct 2002, 16:47
Danventry, that is true of course.

clayman
14th Oct 2002, 16:57
Vanguard - Komag explained in another thread a while back about the similarity of the plotlines of BathHouse, Waterlogged and another mission(can't remember title). It seems there was some contest right after T2 came out, I think at TTLG/TEG, for designers to compete using a common storyline and objectives as the basis. Thus the water/gala trophy/bath stuff that seems the same in these missions. So I don't think that Belboz did both. :)

Keeper Collins
16th Oct 2002, 20:57
Hunh? What's this? Can it be? Is it possiable? The great and powerful NightWalker,asking for help with an FM?Is that possibale?!?!?! No,it can't be!But it is?;)

lol

Nightwalker
16th Oct 2002, 23:53
LOL! I do it all the time! You must just be reading the wrong threads. I'm no better at the game than your average Taffer, I just tend to remember some of the stuff that others forget later on. :D

clayman
17th Oct 2002, 00:08
Oh, p'shaw, Nightwalker ! :)