PDA

View Full Version : Vorador Alive??????

darkghoul
13th Oct 2002, 14:01
In blood omen: legacy of kain 1. After you have killed king william (the nemesis) kain returns to his own time where he sees Vorador being executed. But in BO:LOK 2 Vorador is still alive. I just can't add it up. have i missed something???:confused:

Jeffers
13th Oct 2002, 14:18
This has yet to be revealed.

Ask Chris and you will get a similar response.

most people think his head grew back, but no one really knows, except Eidos and CD

Jeffers.

Rook
13th Oct 2002, 19:54
Yeah, we're all short on an explanation as far as that, and other things, go. I have to say, I cringe at the his head just grew back theory. I prefer to think his severed head was returned to his body and he was brought back somehow after that.

But that's just me... :D

And, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS, DARKGHOUL!!!

Lady Kreliana
14th Oct 2002, 00:54
I tend to go with my own theories:

1. They super glued his head back on.
2. They sewed his head back on.

:p

Rook
14th Oct 2002, 01:01
Either way, I prefer that to theit grew back thing. :D

Lady Kreliana
14th Oct 2002, 05:28
Agreed, Rook. ;D

Sarxis
14th Oct 2002, 08:21
I bet Raziel somehow ends up saving him.

keepittrue
14th Oct 2002, 08:55
I really hope they dont do that Sarxis because to me that would be so lame.

TG_Syd
14th Oct 2002, 14:59
I think that after Raz revives Janos, Janos revives Vorador

My 2 cents

Umah Bloodomen
14th Oct 2002, 15:09
Vorador was alive during that time though. He didn't die until after Kain disposed of William the Just and returned to the changed present.

Remeber, William wasn't killed until 50 years prior to the events of BO.

darkghoul
14th Oct 2002, 19:47
But bo2 is some years AFTER kain destroyed the pillars. And he didnt destroy them before Vorador was killed. therefore Vorador was dead when kain destroyed them. it says the same thing in lok:sr2.

Jeffers
14th Oct 2002, 21:47
I personally believe that it is a consequence of the momunmental change caused in Soul Reaver 2. Now everybody is going to say that blood omen 2 occured on the unaltered time line but I am convinced it is on the altered time line, and looking at the time line on the ps2, I think that blood omen 2 falls into the altered time line line. :)

Jeffers

warpsavant
15th Oct 2002, 00:13
I always thought V's death was a big deal, its when Kain see's how monstous humans can be, similiar to Raziel realizing this about humans in SR2 when encountering the Sarafan.

I don't think any monumental change in hisotry is gonna change that. It's easier for me to believe that Kain somehow brought Vorador back -for the sole purpose of creating more vampires since Kain himself doesn't know how at that time.

keepittrue
15th Oct 2002, 00:26
Once again I agree with Warpsavant.

Jeffers
15th Oct 2002, 21:32
Well I think a while ago I asked chris and got the nice friendly reply back which we all love and know, so I guess we'll just have to follow his advice, but perhaps your right Warp, it is just with that momumental change taking place before all the other events in Soul Reaver 2 it makes me think that, although time travel does get confusing about talking about it. When I say the change which happend before everything else I mean the last change in the game we don't know the out come of.

Jeffers

warpsavant
16th Oct 2002, 18:36
But I think we know the outcome of that change, it's Raziel's continued existence allowing him to travel further back in time.

But since this entire series basically comes down to the descision, I would think the events to cause Kain to choose the way he did will never change, no matter what.

Lady Kreliana
16th Oct 2002, 23:31
Very true, warp. I mean, if Vorador didn't die, there went one of the major reasons why Kain refused the sacrifice.

"Once I embraced my true powers, I realized Vorador was correct. We are gods, dark gods, and it is our duty to thin the herd." -Kain

MoJo
23rd Oct 2002, 21:58
How about Kain uses the heart of darkness to revive Voridor? If I'm correct, the Heart can 'restore Vampiric unlife' so maybe Kain take's voridor's head and body and uses the heart on him??

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2002, 22:01
Originally posted by MoJo
How about Kain uses the heart of darkness to revive Voridor? If I'm correct, the Heart can 'restore Vampiric unlife' so maybe Kain take's voridor's head and body and uses the heart on him??

Kain doesn't particularily care for Vorador (and vice versa). I have a hard time swallowing the fact he would be responsible for bringing him back especially if my speculations of Vorador being a traitor to the vampire race proves true.

MoJo
23rd Oct 2002, 22:04
But who raised Kain's army? And who was in the intro of BO:LOK2 (tehe) planing the invastion with Kain?

Answer: vorador

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2002, 22:09
Originally posted by darkghoul
But bo2 is some years AFTER kain destroyed the pillars. And he didnt destroy them before Vorador was killed. therefore Vorador was dead when kain destroyed them. it says the same thing in lok:sr2.

BO2 actually occurs 400 years after Kain refused the sacrifice to be exact. Vorador was executed 50 years before the events of BO1. I don't understand where you're getting at with this. There is a 200 year period following the collapse of the Pillars where Kain goes comatose, anyone could have (and probably did) resurrect Vorador in that time, giving him more than enough opportunity to sire, and start his little vampire resistance.

Possible (and believable) candidates to have brought Vorador back to life: Janos Audron, TSL, The Elder God/Hash'ak'gik. I am more likely to take door number two on this. :p (goes with the traitor thing I mentioned).

I don't think Kain would've done it for the reasons warp stated earlier (reproduction) because he tried to get Vorador to do it before (in BO2) and he wouldn't. This fuels Kain's desire to figure out another way, which he finds and brings us to the opening FMV of SR.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2002, 22:16
Originally posted by MoJo
But who raised Kain's army? And who was in the intro of BO:LOK2 (tehe) planing the invastion with Kain?

Answer: vorador

And if you refer to the script of BO2, you would also remember Kain doesn't trust him.

Originally spoken by Kain
Vorador. The reformed sado-hedonist of Termogent Forest, I had met him in his new role of patriarch. I still knew not to trust him."

MoJo
23rd Oct 2002, 22:18
well yeah but he did help out Kain and Kain is more powerful anyway so it could happen.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2002, 23:15
We don't really know who is more powerful at this point because we've never seen Vorador in a position to show off his abilities and strengths. I am sure Vorador is powerful in his own right.

And you should check out the theories concerning Vorador possibly being a traitor. It really made some individuals rethink some of their views.

keepittrue
24th Oct 2002, 01:33
Whooooooaaaaaaa Nelly, this would make back up to be a good discussion, Im going with the Kain ressurected V with the HoD and the SL ressurected Janos to sap his blood, this makes the most logical sense to me and the whole V being a traitor really bites me. Im sorry, its a good idea but I can hardly go along with that. Also Vorador is 10 times as powerful as Kain, the only time V is weak is in BO2. Remember Amy refers to V as being an Ancient, V is muuuuuuch older than Kain.

I think Kain would have ressurected Vorador on a more of a neccesity basis, just like he said in BO2 in Sanctuary. Vorador thought Janos to be dead, that was clear in BO2 so I think that Janos raising V back up is out the picture. Only thing witch could possibly speculate V being a traitor is when Kain suspected Umah to be one but the SL says otherwise which Umah obviously follows he sire Vorador.

Umah Bloodomen
24th Oct 2002, 02:16
The examples that I provided in that thread concerning Vorador being a traitor, more than backs my speculations up.

Now bow down and conform. **offers biscuit*** :p ;)

Hanpolo
24th Oct 2002, 02:39
Hi to everyone.

Ok We have to go with the simplest explanation as to say why Vorador is alive. At the end of Bo Kain was the last vampire. Then we know that Vorador raised an army for Kain before he was defeated by SL. Those are the facts that we get from the dialog of BO2.
Simple especulation: So Kain was the last vampire and he did not know how to make new vampires. He needed an army loyal to his cuase. Obviously a human army was not a choise for Kain. Kain needed a vampire army. Where could he find others of his kind.... ? He remembers the leyend.... the heart of darkness. He can' t make new vampires but he could restore a dead vampire. Which of the vampires that Kain knew was the most logical choise?
.....Vorador, one of the oldest, powerfull and knowlegable vampires.
Vorador did not like humans. Vorador was ancient and powerfull and most important, Kain knew that Vorador could raise new vampires. That's it baby.... Vorador is may man... I mean vampire.

I think this is the most logical and simple explanation as to why Vorador is alive. Remember I don 't think Kain knew well other Vampires and how "treachoruos" they can be. Vorador was the first powerfull vampire he met and Vorador had help him in the past. With the information we have so far, I think these is the way to go.

Hanpolo out

warpsavant
24th Oct 2002, 02:47
I don't think Vorador likes Kain.

Vorador is a whelp, he killed 6 defenseless gaurdians, I mean, c'mon. Kain killed the Sarafan Lord and defeated Mortanius, the allmighty Elzevir. I think Vorador is scared of Kain.

Edit: I think Holo Pan is right, thats another reason Vorador is scared.

keepittrue
24th Oct 2002, 19:37
Originally posted by warpsavant

Vorador is a whelp, he killed 6 defenseless gaurdians, I mean, c'mon. Kain killed the Sarafan Lord and defeated Mortanius, the allmighty Elzevir. I think Vorador is scared of Kain.

Edit: I think Holo Pan is right, thats another reason Vorador is scared.

WTF, Vorador a wimp, yeah right, Kain had to call Vorador in order to beat Malek because he couldnt do it. I like Kain too but V is the man. And I also agree with Hanalpo.

V has every right not to trust Kain, he told Kain to stay out of human affairs but Kain got involved anyway and almost had the whole Vampire race exterminated.

warpsavant
24th Oct 2002, 20:25
I'm not saying he is a wimp, just a whelp. I also think he only called Vorador because he came across not one, not 2, but FOUR Gaurdians that he had to kill, and as Kain says, he did not travel that far to let his quarrry escape-enter V.

I agree Vorador has every right to not trust Kain, just as Kain has his reasons for not trusting Vorador.

chuffy
24th Oct 2002, 20:26

Vorador is a whelp, he killed 6 defenseless gaurdians

i still wanna know why the gaurdians were defenseless?

because raziel didn't die at the end of SR2. like he was ment to always did blah blah... he changes the past in SR3 and Vorador doesn't get killed as much. :)

chuffy

keepittrue
24th Oct 2002, 22:22
Honostly, I thought Vorador only showed hospitality and guidence to Kain, I havent seen any reason Kain cant trust V. Also, Kain didnt call V to his aid until they called Malek. V is THE man.

warpsavant
25th Oct 2002, 01:21
No one is really sure why the Gaurdians were defenseless, Chuffy.

I know V was nice, but even with the love, Kain said he was a decadent old fool and didn't heed his advice like you mentioned, Keep. I'm thinkin Kain shoud not trust Vorador because of the shady way Vorador acts at times in Bo2.

hessian
25th Oct 2002, 01:49
From what I can tell, it looks like a BO3 might come out, from the ending of 2. Lets hope we find out in there. I also think its commical that in BO1, there was pleanty of Dark Hearts to find when Yanos has only one heart, thats deffinatly alot of plotting on Mobius part. Thank you Cleavland:)

Anubis_Orr
25th Oct 2002, 02:32
The reason for so many Hearts of Darkness is because they were made by the Spirit Forges.

Hanpolo
25th Oct 2002, 02:54
Hi to everyone again.

Vorador nor Kain has any reason to trust each other. I think it is normal for two powerfull beings to distrust each other. Vorador, in a way is the king of vampires and kain is the challenger. Vorador was just beeing a good sport and gave Kain some advice and some help against a common enemy. But I am sure that Vorador saw the ambitious nature of Kain, and probably thought that Kain will only bring trouble for the vampires.

Then it happened, Kain got every vampire killed. If my little plot is correct as how Kain resurected Vorador, then Vorador had no choice but to star making new vampires. Kain took the opportunity to form an army from the vampires raised by Vorador.
Since Vorador is not in favor of mixing in human affairs, he probably stayed behind functioning as an advisor and not taking part in the actual battles. It seems as is Vorador after making kains army took a separate way, and started making his own vampires. At the time Kain got defeated by Sl, Vorador was not around Kain. For the next two hundred years Vorador battle the Sl as he did all his life, but finally he realized that he was loosing the battle. Looking for an desperate solution he decided to bring kain back to life and use him to defeat the Sl. Umah who is second in comand to Vorador, reflected her master view when she said to kain, that the cabal was greatfull to Kain but the knew of his ambitious nature and harsh ruling. The cabal was not willing to accept Kains terms. Once again we can see the difference between Vorador and kain. Later on when Vorador asked Kain for Umah we see the comfrontation again and the promise to settle it later. So you see where the next Bo3 will take on.

The main plot for the next Bo is Kain finally challenging Vorador.. the old king. Kain can't affort having Vorador alive beacuse his very existance is a challenge to his ruling. I don't see legendary Vorador ever bowing to Kain. So they have to battle it out to see who gets it all. As for who is more powerfull well.... we will have to see. Vorador seems wiser, patient and cunning(more like a chess player). kain... well I don't have to decribe him..... right?
We know the outcome but we don't know the details of the battle. May be kain cheated who knows, thenfore perpetuating forever our little debate as to who is really the most powerfull.

The battle should be very interesting because I think Vorador is not showing all his cards to Kain and if I am right the final battle will mark history itself. Vorador the father of vampires, the last obstacle, falling to the new heir. After Vorador everything else is down the hill baby.

Ups I did it again.... to much ramblig.

Hanpolo out.

Rook
25th Oct 2002, 05:19
Originally posted by hessian
I also think its commical that in BO1, there was pleanty of Dark Hearts to find when Yanos has only one heart, thats deffinatly alot of plotting on Mobius part. Thank you Cleavland:)

There are some things in the first Blood Omen that I tend not to take quite as literally as they appear. True, you could collect multiple Flays, Implodes, Tarots, etc. But, in the case of the Heart of Darkness, I think collecting those cards, or going to the appropriate Spirit Forge simply increased the number of times you could use the one Heart, rather than the number of Hearts.

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/vorsmfin.gif

And, by the way, Hessian...
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/generals/fudge.jpg

:D

hessian
25th Oct 2002, 19:51
Thank you everyone that said welcome and responded. Spirit forges, ok, I can see that. I had forgoten about them to, its been a while since I played first one. By far to me, that has to be one of the best of the series, be it BO or SR. It was PS graphics, with a rich and filling story. Now if I didn't make it sound like a Hostes cake, it had alot to it.

keepittrue
26th Oct 2002, 00:26
Yeah I def agree with that Warp, he did act sort of shady in BO2.

Honostly I think Kain fighting Vorador is a crock. V is muuuuuch older than Kain and has developed powers Kain could imagine, I think V should just die after he got shot by the SL. Vorador seems to have come from being the MOST powerful Vampire to just a Vampire.

Naja
26th Oct 2002, 03:59
Well, I know Kain doesn't like or trust Vorador... but why did he continue to wear Vorador's ring - in SR 1 and 2???? Was it out of respect? In memory? Wanting to take after Vorador's bling bling fashion taste? *C'mon. V was livin the high life in BO1* He didn't have it on in BO2, but why did he wear it after Vorador had died? *assuming Vorador was not alive during the SR era* Why??? It just kinda bugged me since - for me, at least - it doesn't add up.

I'm sorry for asking a *most likely* very, extremely stupid question, but I'm entitled to ask at least one stupid question. Right? :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2002, 04:47
Perhaps to show the symbolism that even the mightiest can fall.

There's also the speculation that the ring could hold a lot of power. I mean it could summon Vorador at will (as we saw in BO). Maybe we will find out it has more than one use in future installments.

I'm still believing it's Kain's way of showing off the ring as a trophy for the mighty Vorador falling victim to the humans he so loathed. Kind of a tribute of irony if you ask me.

Anubis_Orr
26th Oct 2002, 05:30
Yes, Kain enjoys his mind games, and he is clearly well aware of the irony of many given situations and it probably makes him feel superior that no one else around him gets his little jokes (Ring, Sarafan lieutenants)

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2002, 05:43
Such a prankster that Kain is...oh how I love his sense of humor so. (Granted his body still looks good but hey, that would make me shallow) :p ;) **drool**

Naja
26th Oct 2002, 05:54
Oh yeah! I never thought of it as a trophy, before - representative of his enemy's/rival's downfall, esp. to humans. Yeah, and he does have that love for ironies that are too complicated/obvious/simple that no one sees it until he explains it. Well, thanks for answering my question Umah and Anubis; I guess it wasn't that stupid - I thought it would be some fact written in the manual or something, not what we had to assume by speculation.

*hands Umah a tissue, then a napkin* ;)

Shadow Man
28th Oct 2002, 15:42
There is a website called www.thelostworlds.net (by blincoln). It is about all the stuff that didn't make it into the Legacy of Kain games, and in it it tells that their was supposed to be more finishing moves and vampires to fight in Soul Reaver 2, as well it says that you have to use the right finishing moves for the right enemy 'You don't want a headless vampire running after you', so Vorador might not have been killed when they decapatated him (hope I spelled it right). Of course this could be wrong, or a misconception, but it would explain alot.

As well how do we know that Vorador is dead in Kains time, he could just not be in Soul Reaver because their was no need for, remember Soul Reaver was supposed to be the only game in the Soul Reaver series, there wasn't meant to be Soul Reaver 2, or Soul Reaver 3 for that matter. Also Kain and Raziel have chainged the timeline, maybe Vorador doesn't die at all.

Umah Bloodomen
29th Oct 2002, 04:58
Trust me, we are all familiar with The Lost Worlds site. :p

darkghoul
9th Nov 2002, 22:49
originally posted by Umah Bloodomen: BO2 actually occurs 400 years after Kain refused the sacrifice to be exact. Vorador was executed 50 years before the events of BO1. I don't understand where you're getting at with this. There is a 200 year period following the collapse of the Pillars where Kain goes comatose, anyone could have (and probably did) resurrect Vorador in that time, giving him more than enough opportunity to sire, and start his little vampire resistance.

but if u look at LOK:SR2 Raziel travels into the future where he sees a statue of Mobius holding voradors head. so if kain resurrected vorador then why is the statue holding his head??

Umah Bloodomen
9th Nov 2002, 23:17
but if u look at LOK:SR2 Raziel travels into the future where he sees a statue of Mobius holding voradors head. so if kain resurrected vorador then why is the statue holding his head??

What is the point of this? On this timeline, Moebius still executed Vorador 50 years prior to the events of Blood Omen. Moebius is the executioner, Moebius is holding the head just like he did after it came off Vorador's shoulders.

With that said, here now is the question of Blood Omen 2. The events of Blood Omen 2 were confirmed to have happened on an alternate timeline than that of various parts of the SR series and BO1. With this being the case, it is very possible that Vorador didn't fall to the guillotine at all during this new timeline.

We won't know for sure until perhaps SR3 and/or BO3.

Jeffers
11th Nov 2002, 23:12
Ever considered the possibility that Vorador warned Kain not to get involved with Human affairs and that is exactly what he did, and as a result of this Vorador witnesses almost the destruction of his Race. I am not sure how much of it he saw, wether he was executed or not, I don't believe that he was executed, but the vampires were almost extinct, all thanx to Kain getting involved, fair enough it wasn't by his own free will.

Jeffers

hessian
12th Nov 2002, 02:18
This is getting out of hand a bit, in a sense, giving a headache. Lets put this to rest and find out in the future. Im sure the good ol people at Eidos will answer all the question in future games. If not we can all grab the pitchforks and torches and loot and plunder. Oh sorry, that would be War Craft 3 in on the mind.

Ardeth Silvereni
15th Nov 2002, 15:08
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
On this timeline, Moebius still executed Vorador 50 years prior to the events of Blood Omen.

I may be mistaken, but I thought Vorador was executed right before Kain refused to sacrifice himself. It could only have been a day before at the most, or however long it took Kain to take out Moebius, Mortanius and Hash'ak'gik. Kain even flew back to the Pillars from the execution place (which I think was south of Stahlberg).

I believe Kain saw Vorador's execution after he had used the Time Streaming device to return to the present. :)

Shadow Man
16th Nov 2002, 15:02

First, the statue was probably made shortly after Vorador was murdered(maybe a memorial to the dead Mobius, showing his last triumphant kill), becuase Raziel only travels to about a century after the events of Blood Omen 1.

Secondly, Moebius still killed Vorador, but Vorador was resurrected later, between Blood Omens 1 & 2.

Thirdly,

I may be mistaken, but I thought Vorador was executed right before Kain refused to sacrifice himself. It could only have been a day before at most, or however long it took Kain to take out Moebius, Mortanius, and Hash'ak'gik. Kain even flew back to the Pillars from the execution place (which I think was South of Stahlberg).

I believe Kain saw Voradoe's execution after he had used the Time Streaming device to return to the present.

Vorador was executed at the time of Blood Omen 1, when Kain returned from the past he saw Vorador being executed, leaving Kain the last surviving vampire in Nosgoth. So you're very right Ardeth Silvereni.(But I'm not too sure about were Vorador was executed).

Anubis_Orr
16th Nov 2002, 18:10
Actually the presence of the statue means little because the paradox at the end of SR2 had not yet occurred and therefore the timeline had yet to change. BO2 is based on the altered timeline that resulted from that decision.

hessian
18th Nov 2002, 21:29
I still think its silly to keep on guessing. We should just wait to see what comes next. Most of our questions get answered in the next game of the series. Its just a matter of time (and hopefully not another consoul) to come out.

Shadow Man
19th Nov 2002, 20:09
Originally posted by hessian
I still think its silly to keep on guessing. We should just wait to see what comes next. Most of our questions get answered in the next game of the series. Its just a matter of time (and hopefully not another consoul) to come out.

Agreed

Sarxis
2nd Dec 2002, 16:51
I still prefer to think that Raziel in the past somehow alters events once again, denying Vorador his second death.

hessian
2nd Dec 2002, 22:38
:D Yeah, so how about those Jets and Giants hehe. Who knew this topic would get so much attention for so long? Well, this means an answer has to come out soon. It has to, because Edios no doubt sees all the talks going on. Time to pay the Pied Pipers our dues lol.

Darakari
3rd Dec 2002, 00:11
I saw the statue too, and it looks like the statue is holding the actual head of Vorador. But with time travel, it is very possible that Raziel saw Vorador's detached head in between the time that Vorador was executed and the time that Kain rejoins the head with the body and uses the Heart of Darkness to resurrect Vorador. (I used it several times to resurrect Kain in BO1.)

This would also explain why Kain was not surprised to see Vorador in BO2. With his memories slowly returning, Kain remembered resurrecting Vorador and Vorador's assistance in building Kain's armies. Being a person quick to the point and not wasting words, he did not reveal those memories to us when he saw Vorador because Kain would not comment on something that he felt irrelevant or unneccessary to the current discussion.

VegetaWorshipper
23rd Dec 2002, 14:13
Originally posted by TG_Syd
I think that after Raz revives Janos, Janos revives Vorador

My 2 cents

Or maybe this way:

Raziel uses the Heart of Darkness to restore Vorador before restoring it to Janos.

Scathach
5th Jan 2003, 18:39
It wasn't really Vorador they killed, it was his twin brother Voradel! Kain thought it was Vorador who was killed and so refused to sacrifice himself but then Vorador came back from his weekend break at the beach and then Kain couldn't be asked to kill himself since he was now well on the way to ruling Nosgoth.

There, solved!

Sayros
5th Jan 2003, 19:09
Originally posted by Darakari
I saw the statue too, and it looks like the statue is holding the actual head of Vorador. But with time travel, it is very possible that Raziel saw Vorador's detached head in between the time that Vorador was executed and the time that Kain rejoins the head with the body and uses the Heart of Darkness to resurrect Vorador. (I used it several times to resurrect Kain in BO1.)

That's what I also think, I even used that in my last fic. We see Kain in B.O 2 intro alongside Vorador deciding on which city to attack. It proves Vorador was brought back very quickly and who else to do it but Kain? But I really think Eidos will explain it in the next Soul Reaver or Blood Omen.

FireSnake
5th Jan 2003, 19:33
100% agreed.

Umah Bloodomen
5th Jan 2003, 21:13
**coughcoughAlteredTimelinecoughcough**

Anything is possible...

Lucent
6th Jan 2003, 11:44
I think Raziel gets a little miffed after the events of SR2 about being manipulated, and goes off to tell Moebius a thing or two...

*at the execution scene, before Kain arrives*

Moebius: Behold the face of our enemy! Watch him be--

Raziel: Moebius!

Moebius: R-Raziel?

Raziel: In the decaying flesh, you traitorous abomination!
Raziel leaps at Moebius, sending the crowd into a panic, and giving Kain the time to make his way to Vorador.

Raziel: Did you think you could get away with your twisted plot? You and that festering virus beneath our feet? I am wise to your ways, time streamer, and I will no longer play the part of your pawn!

Moebius: Stand Down Raziel! Your powers are nothing before my staff!
Kain, moving in from the side after freeing Vorador from the stockade

Kain: No, Moebius, but the Reaver is not.
Moebius looks on in horror as Kain carves his foul head from his body, with Raziel backing away aghast at the entire scene.

Vorador: Kain, I am in your debt... and you, perhaps you are not so much of a ragged excuse for savior after all.
Kain turns to face Raziel, only to find him utterly gone (Raziel having quickly shifted into the spectral realm to avoid an all-too-early confrontation with Kain)

Kain: Vorador, what was that thing?

Vorador: That, Kain, is our future.

----

Heh, little stuff like that, which would explain Kain's utter shock upon seeing Raziel's wings in the future when he raises his empire, and it would also explan Kain's line in BO2 where he says to Vorador "You have escaped death once..."

Thoughts?

Umah Bloodomen
6th Jan 2003, 20:51
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

**coughcoughAlteredTimelinecoughcough**

Anything is possible...

Riovanes
6th Jan 2003, 22:01
Indeed, within the altered timeline, any explanation can be introduced as viable...

Personally, I think it was Carrot Top that saved Vorador. He popped in on the execution, saw a chance to do a 1-800-CALL-ATT commercial... And the rest is altered history.

BAH!!!

Sayros
6th Jan 2003, 23:24
This is the only thing I don't like about the LoK series, so much time altered, time that keeps re-shuffling itself, it gets very confused, I really hope C.D won't forget to explain really how Vorador was back.

darien_specter
10th Jan 2003, 17:11
Hmm... ;)

**coughcoughThatWasAnEnjoyableBitOfFunAndHarmlessSpeculationLucent!coughcough**

edit: stupid tags... i had forgotten

VegetaWorshipper
11th Jan 2003, 13:23
Question: If Vorador lives in a mansion in the Swamps, what is he doing in Meridian?

Or vice versa.

Riovanes
11th Jan 2003, 15:27
The swamp was, aesthetically, just not the right place to stage a rebellion. With as fashion conscious as Vorador obviously is, it seems apparent that his sense of flair would be irrevocably insulted should he have tried to base the Cabal in his stinky ol' slime pool.

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
12th Jan 2003, 21:40
Originally posted by VegetaWorshipper
Question: If Vorador lives in a mansion in the Swamps, what is he doing in Meridian?

Or vice versa.

Just because he lives elsewhere, doesn't mean he is confined to that place. Last time I checked, Vorador was able to teleport.

Besides, on the notion Vorador is a traitor, whoever he is working for/with is based in Meridian. He would naturally have to keep in contact with that individual and watch events unfold for himself.

warpsavant
12th Jan 2003, 21:50
I don't even think them sissy Cabal Members would survive the trek through the swamp. Ever try to go through the swamp without MIST?

keepittrue
14th Jan 2003, 12:22
I don't even think them sissy Cabal Members would survive the trek through the swamp. Ever try to go through the swamp without MIST?

LOL, So true Warp.

Soul Reaver
25th Jan 2003, 10:47
Maybe they first used the heart of darkness on Vorador and then on Janos?

m_dunn
16th Feb 2003, 07:17
I hate to end all the speculation, but I think that the question as to whether BO2 takes place in the altered timeline or not has been answered. Here is a quote from The Lost Worlds website

http://www.thelostworlds.net/TLW-CrystalD.HTML

Blood Omen 2 had a bunch of areas and bosses cut, but (as the concept art implies), it was all removed before it was made. Amy also explained that it does take place on the altered timeline ("and when Amy opened the seventh seal, there was silence in the Nosgothic Realm BO2 forum...").

While maybe not from the most official of sources, this site seems fairly reliable. To bad though, I kinda was hoping it took place in the "normal" timeline.

The Amazing Rando
16th Feb 2003, 07:22
Originally posted by m_dunn
I hate to end all the speculation, but I think that the question as to whether BO2 takes place in the altered timeline or not has been answered. Here is a quote from The Lost Worlds website

http://www.thelostworlds.net/TLW-CrystalD.HTML

While maybe not from the most official of sources, this site seems fairly reliable. To bad though, I kinda was hoping it took place in the "normal" timeline.

Um, dude, thanks for the help and all, but you're a little late. If you check the dates on these posts, you'll notice that they're quite old, and we've known about it being on the altered timeling for a loong time. You had good intentions, kid, ya just missed the date. Ya've got potential, so keep it coming.;) :D :cool: