PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - WALKTHROUGHS(Professional Setting/Silent Assassin Rating)

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:45
Ok, this is designed to be a 1-stop shopping place for all SA walkthroughs. I'll be adding new ones here as I write them or as others post them in threads. Please PM me if I missed yours, or if you have a better way than what's contained in here.

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:45
Written by Rincewind_the_Wizzard

You can do this level without killing anyone but the Don.

Soon as you start, leg it to the side door and hide behind the pillar to your right. When the guard pops out to water the bushes, sneak in the door. As soon as you're in run to the back of the garage, then run to the cellar steps. Don't worry about the guy on the kitchen door he won't see you. Run through the cellar and up into the kitchen. Walk towards the cook and go up the stairs (Note: I find it easier to sneak once i get near the stairs so as not to alert the fat-ass cook...Also, don't worry if the delivery boy comes in he doesn't do anything or alert anyone, even if your sneaking). Go through the door at the top of the steps, through the opposite door onto the balcony. Shut the door behind you and step off onto the little ledge. Follow it round until you get to the low roof, walk over it then into the Don's office. Walk to the opposite side of the room and get into sneak mode. After a minute the Don will walk in, totally miss you, and stand by his desk. Sneak up behind him and garotte him with the fibre wire. Now grab the key, the revolver and drag his body. Walk over to the door you came in from but DON'T GO THROUGH YET. If you look out the window you can see the Don's son and brother chatting. Wait for them to get lost, then open the door, drag the body over the planking onto the roof. Drag it over the apex so no one can see it, then go back onto that little ledge. When you're over the cellar steps drop down (again, don't woory about the guard on the door he won't spot you) walk into the cellar and open the door using the key. Once 47 has finished talking, walk back out, onto the cellar steps check around for the peeing guard who will be back patrolling now and when your sure its safe run to the corner opposite, where there is a piece of wall jutting out into the compound. When the guard walks past you, run around behind him and out the the side door you originally came in through. Now just run to the big gates in the hill and voila! Silent Assassin rating in under 8 mins only killing the mark...the work of a true professional! And because you hid the body on the roof, you won't get any alerts.

Hope that helps some of you!

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:46
PLACEHOLDER
NO WALKTHROUGH YET.

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:46
Written by Zaphod
{EDIT} Changed this to choloforming instead of garrotting after reading InsertNameHere's comments (http://www.hitman2forum.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141) at Hitman2Forums.

The only thing you'll need to load out with is the anaethetic. Everything else you'll find left for you near your starting point.

At the start of this mission, walk up the stairs, but don't cross the street. You should see a patrolling guard working the corner in front of you, and further down the street to your right, two guards in front of a building entrance. Wait for the guard in front of you to walk away from you (Hint: Guards are right-handed. If you're a long way off from someone and don't feel like using your binoculars, and you can't tell if they're coming toward you or away from you, just look at their weapon. Their right hand will be on the trigger (held lower) and their left on the barrel (held high). Once he's moving around the corner and away from your position, RUN across the street, a little bit to the right, and behind the crates, where you'll find your weapon cache. Sneak, and pick up everything EXCEPT the sniper; we won't need that. Look for the corner-patrolling guard. When he's walking away from your position, walk out into the middle of the street, and go down the manhole. Timing the corner-patrolling guard was tricky and I had to try it a bunch of times to get down the manhole without anyone seeing me.

Once you're at the bottom of the ladder, check your map. The first place you want go is SW of your current position. Run away from the ladder until you hit the water. Turn left, and keep running until you can take a left down a corridor. At the end of that corridor, climb the ladder. By now the cars should be in place for the meeting. At the top of this ladder, you'll see the underside of a car. Place one of the car bombs and climb back down.

Check your map again. The next ladder you want to hit is due north of your current position. There's two corridors next to each other. You want the one on the left. So, run out of the corridor you're in, go straight across the bridge, and take a right. Run along the water, and take your first left into a corridor. When you come out of that corridor, take a left, then a right across the first bridge you come to, a left coming off the bridge, then a right down the SECOND corridor you come to. Climb the ladder (you'll be behind a building near the second limo) and wait.

After a minute or so, the limo driver will come around the back of the building to pee (reminiscent of Mission 2 in Hitman 1). Note to IOI - that's enough already with the peeing. I've played 5 levels of Hitman 2, and at least 3 of those levels have peeing. Apparently there's nothing the Danes love better in their games than a good bladder-voiding. He'll go to the very corner to pee, and doesn't take that long, so be near the corner of the walls already. Go into Sneak, take out your Anaesthetic, sneak up behind him, and rock him to sleep. Take his clothes and walk around the corner to the limo. Approach the limo and place the bomb. Walk to the back of the building again and go back down the manhole. Retrace your steps back to the starting manhole near your speedboat. (If you're lost: you want to the southeast-most exit point in the sewers.) At some point while you're running, both limos should blow up. You don't need to detonate them by remote. Once you're at the starting ladder, watch out as you're coming up. The corner-patrolling guard might spot you. The two stationary guards at the building entrance are too far away to notice you. Once you're up, walk (or Run - you can run here without the guard getting upset) back to your speedboat to finish the level.

Final stats should be Silent Assassin with 2 kills. Again, I'm sure someone has worked out a way to complete the mission 100% stealth, probably involving the sniper rifle. I just chose this way because it's the most foolproof, easiest way to get an SA rating on this level. As always, if anyone has a better way, please let me know.

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:47
Written by Zaphod

Ok, this level is OBNOXIOUS. At least, it was for me. At least, the first part was. Once you're inside the complex, it turns pretty easy.

Again, movement directions are exactly what they say they are. Don't run or sneak unless it says so.

When you start, check your map. Make your way north (you'll have to go around some corners and across a bridge) to the closest ladder out of the sewer. Climb the ladder but wait before you get to the top. Pull your mouse back, and you'll be able to see the ground around you before you poke your head up. There's a patrolling guard who will come to a standstill facing away from you. As soon as he stops moving, climb out of the hole and walk toward him. Don't bother going in that door on the right, there's only an AK in there. Waste of time. (Note: the "palettes" I'll be talking about are those big green-covered boxes on wooden skids.)

So, anyway, walk toward the guard facing away from you. Your last few footsteps will make him turn around, which triggers his patrol route sooner than it usually would have. This is a good thing for timing the rest of this area. Once he moves away from you, walk straight ahead to the grouping of 3 palettes and duck into the middle of them. (Try to walk on the snow wherever possible - it makes less noise than the pavement.) As you're moving, you should be able to see another guard up on the loading dock. Hopefully he's moving away from you, toward the far end of the dock. He should be, in any event. Once the guard you just past has turned away from your new position, and assuming the guard on the loading dock isn't coming towards you, RUN up the near loading dock stairs and behind the palettes there. Walk behind the palettes to the far end of the loading dock. Check your map - your weapons cache is just in front of you, down the stairs. Wait for the loading dock guard to start walking away from you. Also, there's a guard near the guard shack who keeps answering the phone. Wait until he's not looking at you (either back in his normal position behind the wall, or he's on the phone) before proceeding. Once no one's looking, run down the stairs and behind the FCK palette to your pile o' stuff. Go into Sneak, and grab everything there (phone, pager, minibomb, night-vision, etc).

By this time, assuming everything’s gone right, the loading dock guard should be back in his position closest to you, but he'll be facing the other way. Wait for the phone to ring and lean out to watch the guard booth. As soon as he answers the phone, sneak around the back of the guard shack to the manhole that’s right there. When you hit the snow, Walk normally, but when you hit the edge of the building, Sneak again. You’ll just barely make it down the manhole before the guard starts his walk back.

Check your map – there’s only one exit out of the sewers from where you are now. Run along and climb up the next ladder. You’re near the military complex, but behind a wall from the guards, so you’re safe for now. Run up the first wooden ramp and look over the wall. There’s 3 guards here – Guard 1, one walking right-to-left-to-right in front of you, Guard 2 , walking toward and away from you up the ramp to the complex (in front of you to the left), and a Guard 3, way at the right side of this parking lot, who doesn’t factor in to our progress at all. When no one’s looking run up the rest of the wooden ramps, across onto the palette, and right off the front of it. It’s quicker than climbing down to the barrels first, and you won’t take damage or make noise. Park yourself behind the left palette and wait.

This part is tricky (at least, I had terrible problems with it). What you want is for Guard 1 and Guard 2 to be at the end of their patrols and close to each other at the same time. When that happens, after Guard 2 takes off for the door again, and Guard 1 starts walking left-to-right in front of you, get ready. When Guard 1 gets about halfway between you and Guard 3, RUN toward where Guard 2 went. Guard 1 seems to have amazing hearing, and running often triggers his alert. But, he’s got a pretty quick patrol route, too, so walking is no good. I died here a lot. Anyway, if you make it, run up the ramp and get behind the palette next to the door and go into Sneak. When Guard 2 comes out and starts walking down the ramp, sneak over to the door and look through the keyhole. There’s 1 guard inside who walks an odd route. He’ll be coming left-to-right in front of you, or moving up the stairs. I’ve never been seen by him entering the building no matter where he was on his route, but you never know. Open the door and immediately sneak behind the palettes to your right. Get into the corner formed by the two and wait.

We’re almost there, but this part sure made me restart a lot. We’ve got Guard 2, walking up and down in front of the door, and occasionally popping in to stand inside for a minute, and we’ve got the inside guard, walking left-to-right on the floor, then up one staircase, across the platform, and down the other one. Wait until Guard 2 is back outside and the inside guard crosses in front of you and starts to walk up the left stairs. Sneak after him – you’ll have to follow pretty close. Go up the stairs and straight ahead on the platform, then duck into the room on your left. Get the uniform on the chair, and the gun out of the desk. (Make sure to holster it). You now can move among the guards without them shooting you on sight. Go out the door and down the stairs in front of you. Call the elevator and get in. Go to the 1st Basement.

At this point you should get a Bonus Save. I used it right here, but only because I had tried that first part of the level 25 times before getting it right. The rest of this level is pretty easy, but I hated the idea of doing that first part over again. When the elevator reaches bottom, wait until the patroller in front of you is past the first dark stripe on the floor, then walk after him. Don’t worry about the cameras yet, they won’t bust you. Just make sure to always walk. Follow him around the corner to your right, then duck into a side alcove to avoid him coming back. Yeah, they won’t kill you on sight once you’re in uniform, but they’ll take a long look at your face. Show them the back of your head as much as possible, and you’ll be fine. So, patrolling guard goes back to where he came from. Get out of the alcove, move forward down the hall, and take your first left. When you go through this door, you’ll be walking straight into a guard and we need to put some distance between you and him before he goes into Alert. So keep walking and don’t look back. This is the computer room, and the door opposite you is where the server is kept. Do NOT walk through that door. Instead, take a left into that corridor, go through the door on your right, through another door, take a right at the end of the corridor, and take the first door on your right to get into the server room from the back (check your map if that was unclear). Walk to the server and pull our your silenced 9mm. Put one round into the green lights at the bottom of the server. The cameras are now off and you can get to work.

Go out the door you came in and take a right. Turn right at the end of that hallway, and stand in front of the second door on your left. There’s a patrolling guard near here – make sure he’s out of earshot before picking the lock. Once the lock is sprung, open the door and cross to the bed. Change clothes (you’re now wearing a General’s uniform. Cheers on your promotion.) Much like the spy in Commandos, it seems that here, the higher-ranking uniform you’re wearing, the less crap the guards will give you. Go out of that room, take a left, and go into the next room on your left, the room with the wall you’re going to blow up. Approach the wall, take out your minibomb, and drop it when you get an Info saying you’re close enough. Go back out of this room and turn left. Follow that corridor until you come to the other elevator and desk guard. You’ll have to walk by a patroller before then, but keep your face to the wall and he won’t even flinch. Call the elevator and go to the Second Basement.

There’s only 1 guard here, and he’s near the end of this floor. Even so, don’t run. Check your map and walk around the floor to the Observation Room (I’d describe it, but it’s just a series of right turns). You’ll be able to hear the general (your target) talking to the spy (your protectee). At the observation room door, wait until the patroller is out of earshot, then pick the lock. Open the door and walk to the closest part of the observation window, as close to the right side of the window as possible. Equip your pager and drop it. Then, walk away from the window, into the corner behind the door, and Sneak. Move along the wall toward the door a little, you don’t want to be too far into the corner, or this won’t work. Take out your phone and “fire” it. This will make the pager go off. (Note: if the pager doesn’t go off, you didn’t place it under the window enough. Pick it up again and move a little to the left.) When he hears the pager through the glass, the general will leave the interrogation room and enter the observation room. Note: this part MUST be done pretty fast. As soon as you make the phone call, get out your fiber wire. We put the pager as far right as possible to make your Sneaking distance as short as possible. The general does everything very rapidly. The second the door opens, start Sneaking toward the pager. As soon as you can, wire the general. He will walk to the pager, pause for a fraction of a second, pick it up, and spin around to leave. Often, he spun right into me as I was trying to sneak up behind him. So, start moving as soon as the door begins to open (have I repeated myself enough on this point yet?).

Once he’s down, get his knife (remembering to holster it), and walk out of the Observation Room into the Interrogation Room, where you will find – the exact same CIA agent whose life you had to save twice in Hitman 1. The CIA really needs to give this guy a desk job, or at least enroll him in a refresher course on Not Getting Captured Every Time You Leave the House. There’s a brief cutscene and the agent will take off out the far door for the elevator. Run after him, get in the elevator, and take it to 1st Basement.

The spy will be following you, but the guards will think that a general is taking a prisoner somewhere, and won’t be bothered by his presence at all. Walk past the desk guard and back toward the room with the minibomb in it. When you’re about halfway down that corridor, and making sure the patroller isn’t looking at you, take out the bomb remote and detonate the bomb. This will do a few things, it’ll blow a hole in the wall into the sewer, and it’ll make every single guard in the level run around like the Keystone Kops. Do not panic. Keep walking, never run. Make your way toward the bomb room, keeping your face to the wall and strafing wherever possible to avoid the guards. Walk through the hole and to the right. DO NOT RUN, there are about 10 guards here, they’re all pretty cheesed off about the bomb, and they’re looking for an excuse to kill someone. Check your map if you need directions, but you’ll be walking right out of the bomb-hole, then left across the bridge, then left coming off the bridge, then keep going until you see a corridor on your right. I did this mission 3 times and as long as you keep walking and angle your face away from the guards whenever possible, you can walk right out of the sewer with the spy in tow.

Final rating should be SA, with 1 enemy kill, 0 innocents harmed, and 0 close calls.

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:48
Written by Zaphod

Note: Movement directions mean just what they say. Don't sneak or run unless is specifcally says to.

There's a lot you can do with poison and a waiter's uniform in this mission, but we're gonna skip it. It's a hassle, and it's not at all necessary. You have to go to the basement, which is a lot of cramped rooms and blind corners. And, since we're playing on Professional, you can't track the guard movements with your map. Those basement guards walk some pretty unpredictable patterns.

Also, you can run just about anywhere in this mission. For an ultra-high-security embassy party, there is surpringly little security, and what guards there are don't seem to be bothered by the fact that there's a man with gloves and no invitation running all around the joint. I'm also assuming that you have either the silenced ballers or the silenced 9mm at this point, if you've gotten SA ratings on all the mission so far.

When you begin the mission, check your map. Run to the "!" spot on the east side of the outer wall. (NOTE: if you DON'T have a silenced pistol of some kind, run to the red Hitman logo on your map and grab one there. Then proceed to the east "!" door) There's a patrolling guard near here, so as soon as he's out of earshot, pick the lock. Open the door and run west toward the front door of the house, open it, and go into the mansion.

Once inside, check your map. There's 3 floors (including a basement, but we won't be going down there). There are 4 "!"s on your map, two in the first floor wings, and 2 in the second floor wings. Those are the 4 safes in the house (apparently the ambassador and Lee Hong use the same architect). You'll also see 3 target icons, 2 red (the general and the secret agent) and 1 white (the ambassador). At some point soon after you get in the house, you should get an Info saying "The Ambassador has opened the safe." Whip out your map and find the white icon. He will be near one of the 4 "!" rooms, on either the first or second floor. If you DON'T get the Opening the Safe message, don't worry. Due to a scripting error, I only got it about 75% of the time. It just means you'll have to move quicker later in the mission, but no big deal.

Anyway, take your first left through a set of double doors. Run through the next door (you should be running past the west-wing safe-room at this point) and run until the hallway ends in a right turn, then turn right and run to the end of the next hallway. Turn right again and run to the first door you come to on your right. Don't enter yet, though. Stand on the opposite side of the hall from that door. The general might be in there, or he might be in the ballroom. Wait for him to walk down the hall and toward the door you're in front of.

Right after he closes the door behind him, go into Sneak and pull out your fibre wire. Sneak toward the door, open it, and Wire the general. There's a maid in the room, but I played this mission 4 times, and she never once even reacted to someone getting garrotted 3 feet away from her. Holster your wire and drag the general out of the room (I always did this, I never knew if the maid would notice him or not if I just left him there). Drag the general back the way you came, and drag him into the room next to the room with the "!" on it. Leave him there - he'll go undistrubed for the rest of the mission.

Around this time, you'l get another info that says "The Sprechtaz (sp?) agent is holding up the ambassador." NOTE: Sometimes you have to go to the ballroom to trigger the robbery. While there, you can dance in front of the ladies by strafing right and left, emulating an embarrassing cha-cha. By the way, as parties go, this one's a total flop. This is a state dinner, a big-deal affair, and there's only like 15 people in attendance! I've had more people than that in my studio apartment for a last-minute get-together. And the only thing they're serving is chocolate?! Get a real caterer. Well, there's also champagne in the basement (1 bottle for 15 people = cheap German embassy). If I were the general, I might reconsider defecting to a country which knew how to throw a party that didn't suck out loud.

Anyway, once you get the Robbery info, get to where the ambassador is going, but get there ahead of him. If you already know what safe he visited, great. If you don't, it's still ok. As I said, you can Run through the mansion with no penalties. So, just watch where he's going and get there before him. Whatever safe room he's in, go into the room next to it and move to the adjoining door. Sneak, and pull out your silenced pistol (Note: if you have BOTH the silenced 9mm and the silenced ballers, use the 9. The less bullets you fire, the better your chances of getting an SA rating). As soon as you get the next Info, "The ambassador has opened the safe," open the door to the safe room and shoot the secret agent. I haven't been able to take him down with one shot yet, at least not on Professional level. One time, it took 6 shots, and I only got a Professional rating. The last time I tried it, it took 2 shots, one body and one headshot, and I got an SA rating. (Note: Sometimes there is a patrolling guard outside the hallway. If he happens to be close enough, you'll get a Guards Alerted warning. You should be able to continue the game and still get an SA rating, but restart if you're a perfectionist type.

Anyway, after you shoot the secret agent, holster your weapon and walk toward the safe. Stop to pick up (and holster) the .54 pistol. Grab the briefcase out of the safe (the ambassador won't alert or report you), and walk out the door you came in. Go through that room and out into the hallway. You're now free to leave. I'm pretty sure you can Run through the rest of the mission, although I once had a guard get suspicious when I did that. Your choice. Simply retrace your steps out of the house, out through the door in the east wall, and back to your speedboat. You should finish the mission with an SA rating, a little bit of aggression, and 1-2 shots fired.

If anyone has come up with a better way to get the briefcase, please let me know. I tried for a while to get it without making another kill, to see if I could get through with 100% stealth and no shots fired, but I couldn't figure it out.

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:48
Written by Zaphod

This mission is all about timing. Yeah, I know - all of 'em are, but a few of the things I'll say here might not make sense, but they're necessary for timing the patrols right, so you don't have to wait in one place very long.

Note: Movement directions mean just what they say. Don't sneak or run unless is specifcally says to.

You begin behind a big rock. Don't move, just lean right. After a few seconds, 2 guards (one suit, one tank-top) will come into view moving left to right, and stop. After a few seconds they'll turn and walk the other way (NOTE: each one of them glances back over his shoulder. After the tank-top guard has glanced back, it's safe to move). Walk to your right, following the sidewalk. You should see a tank-topped guard turning and walking back through the main doors into the house. Don't walk on the grass or the gravel just yet. Follow the little raised curb of the sidewalk until you come to the driveway. A suited guard should be in view in front of you, walking away from you, at the other end of the driveway. He's no threat for now. Take an immediate left turn and follow the curb again to the first garage door. Turn right and walk along the garage doors to the corner of the house. Turn left and walk down the side of the house, hugging the wall (on the grass). You should see another tank-top guard come into view, walking left to right, away from you. When you hit the next house corner, turn left and walk toward the door. Stay to the left of the green glowing I-don't-know-what-the-hell-that-is bird feeder thing. Go up the steps and through the door.

Once through the door, take an immediate right into the next room (it'll be one of the ones on your map with a "!"). Walk to the crate on the floor and cut the fish. Turn around and walk back to the door to that room. Look through the keyhole. After about 30 seconds, you'll see a tank-top guard moving right to left through the keyhole. Give him a few seconds (maybe 7) to head outside (you can hear the door open and close, but it's unbelievably faint. So timing it is better. Anyway, 7 seconds later, open the door and turn right. Walk into the next open area, the kitchen. On the table in front of you, slightly to your right, is a plate. Walk up to it and Place the Poisoned Fish. Then Place the Transmitter. At this point, one of the curtains will begin rustling and a little geisha girl will enter the room. Ignore her. She'll only get alerted if you're right up in her face. After placing both items, turn around and walk back to the room with the fish. Close the door and look through the keyhole. After a while, the same tank-top guard will come through, moving left to right. Give him 10 seconds to get into the kitchen. Open the door, turn right, and lean left into the hallway. Once he rounds the corner into the kitchen, walk out of the room and move left through the door to the outside. We're going to retrace our steps (almost) in order to get out of this mission.

Once back outside, go into Sneak. Go down the stairs and head immediately right to the wall of the house. Turn left and Sneak along the wall. The tank-top guard should be moving away from you at this point. About 3/4 of the way down the wall, go into Walk mode again. Take a right, move along the back of the house (hugging the wall again), and turn right. You're now back at the garage doors. Walk along the doors and stop at the last one when you hit the little wooden elevated walkway. Get as far into the corner as you can, and Sneak. Face away from the garage doors. The suited guard is on the move and will pass right to left after 20 seconds or so. He won't see you. Once he gets past the line of the curb (that is, past 0 degrees in your field of vision), start waking away from the garage door, following the curb. At the end of the curb, where the sidewalk meets the driveway, take a soft right and start moving toward the closest Big Rock (it's on the left side of the sidewalk). Get behind it and wait for the tank-top guard to come out of the main doors to the house.

Once he turns to go back inside, check left to look for the two guards who were near your starting position. They should be moving away from you. RUN left to your starting position, behind the first Big Rock. Move a little left of that weird symbol on the back of it, and Sneak.

Now, wait. After a while you'll get two Infos: the transmitter has been planted, and Jr. is dead. The next time that the two guards come to rest facing right, Sneak left toward the exit point (check your map if you're confused). Once you hit the green-glowing-nuclear-fallout birdfeeder, RUN towards the door.

You should end with a SA rating, and 1 alert. I'm sure there's a way to kill Jr. with no alerts at all, but I haven't found it yet. And this way is the least amount of fuss. Plus, you get to make funny Simpsons quotes about Fugu tastyfish. (WOW was this a long-winded explanation for such a short mission.)

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:51
PLACEHOLDER
NO WALKTHROUGH YET.

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 23:52
PLACEHOLDER
NO WALKTHROUGH YET.
This mission sucks and I hate it.

Zaphod
16th Oct 2002, 14:15
Written by Zaphod

At the start of this mission you're in a little area under the main building. There's steps to your left - don't go up there. Guards are right there ready to kill you. Explore a little bit and you'll see a "secret" door built into the right side of the doorway in front of the stairs. Go through it and up the stairs. Pause before the next door, equip your fibre wire and look through the keyhole. You'll see a lone guard patrolling. When he turns and starts walking away from you, open the door, go into Sneak, and walk into the room. IMPORTANT: some of the wooden floors in this mission squeak when walked on, alerting guards. Stick to the gold-colored parts of the floor (support planks for the ceiling underneath, presumably) and you'll be fine. So, when you enter the room, take an immediate left, then a right across the first support plank. You'll be able to make it to the first upright beam before the guard turns around. Hide behind it and a little to the left, and he won't see you. When he moves away from you again, go around the beam and continue Sneaking toward him on the plank. You'll be able to make it to the second beam, almost within reach of him, before he completes his walk. Hide behind that beam and wait for him to turn around. When he walks back past you, follow him and wire him when you can. Take his gun, and drag his body (still walking on the support planks, mind you) into the "secret" passage you came out of. Guards will be in this area later, and we don't want them finding a dead naked body.

Yeah, again, I'm QUITE confident that you can make it through this mission without killing any guards, but I just don't have the patience for it right now. So one of them has to die, and this one's our boy. You'll still get an SA rating and you can walk among the guards almost unnoticed.

Once that's done, go back into the Support Plank room and walk (on the planks) over to the stairs leading down. You can walk off the edge onto the bottom of the stairs without noise or injury. Once down there, turn around and walk through the closest door to you. At the end of that hallway, turn left and open the door. There's a keycard on the ledge to your right. Grab it and proceed down the hall. There's 2 patrollers in this area, one right near the ledge (who never bothered me in 4 times through this mission), and another at the far end of the hall. He's no problem either. Just keep walking normally and no one will bug you. Take the second left at the end of the hallway (to keep behind the second patroller), and walk to the end. At this point you’re going to start seeing ninjas in the rafters, much like At The Gates. Ignore them and they’ll ignore you. You'll see two doors in the same wall, one in front of you and one to the left. I take the left - it's shorter. But it doesn't matter. The next place we're visiting is the ! room ahead of us and to the left. Make your way down this hallway, and go through the last door on the left. Then, take your first left, walk calmly past the guards at the table (they won't even notice you), and Deactivate Laser on the doorway ahead. Walk through, and grab the Bomb and Bomb Remote. Walk back through (deactivating the laser again, if necessary), out the door, and through the door on your right (we’re retracing our steps here a little). Go a little way down the hall and through the door on your right, to the Courtyard. There’s a helicopter there. Walk around the platform, up the stairs, and next to the copter. Place the Bomb when it prompts you. Make your way back to the Support Plank room – doesn’t really matter how you get there.

Once there, walk (along the planks again) to the laser doorway at the other side of the room. Deactivate the laser, through the doorway, and down the stairs to your right. We’re heading to the basement, and then to the museum. You’ll come out in another room that looks like the Support Plank room, except that you can walk on any part of the floor here. Cross the room to the diagonally opposite corner and through the door. Go down the stairs, through the door, and head toward the ! on your map. Grab the guidance system and retrace your steps back to the first floor lasered doorway. You’ll get a bonus save. Might as well use it now.

Go up the stairway and across the next floor. Note: for you weapons collectors, this would be a decent time to get a Katana sword from the sparring room in the middle of this floor. But, I found that more guards gave me trouble later when I was carrying a sword than when I was carrying the silenced submachine gun. Dunno if I’m right or not, but worth mentioning. Anyway, you’re moving across this floor and up the next flight of stairs. You should now be on the 3rd floor, which is where we’re eventually going to end up, but not quite yet. Go up to the 4th floor. Watch out for the geisha girl going between floors 4 and 5 – she love to tell on you and send guards after you. Go through the closest paper door on your left, then into the next little room on your right. You’ll run right into… Mei Ling, the Horribly-Voice-Acted, Anatomically-Impossible Concubine from Lee Hong’s mansion! You saved her life before and tried to help her turn things around. She was so grateful for helping her find some self-worth that the picked right up where she left off, being a throw pillow to yet another paranoid Asian warlord. What a trouper. She’ll ask you to get her out of there (again) in exchange for a keycard that gives you access to the top floors. This might be useful for some people (I’m pretty sure there’s a way you can crawl around on the outside of the top floors and kill Hayamoto that way), but we’re mainly visiting her for the extra Bonus Save you just got. So, save again.

Then, check your map and make your way to the “!” on the 3rd floor. It’s a computer room with an option to Press Button. So, press it, then get ready to run. You’re sounding an alarm that will make security beef up by about 50%, plus Hayamoto will flee the premises to the total safety and luxury of his helicopter, where nothing bad could ever happen to him (hee hee). I found the best place to wait it out was back in Mei Ling’s room on the 4th floor, but only because I wanted to see if you get any bonus for taking her out of the building. You don’t. So, save her or don’t save her – your choice. But, either run back up to wait there, or make your way back to your starting point, near the helicopter. NOTE: If your path takes you back through the Support Plank room from the beginning of this mission, Walk on the planks. Even now. It’ll make people suspicious of you if the boards start to creak, you big clumsy-footed gaijin. You can watch Hayamoto on your map, walking VERY SLOWLY down all 6 floors, then into the Museum, where he’ll head for his Guidence System. After he discovers its not there, he’ll run at Idiotic Speed for his helicopter, where nothing bad could ever happen to him. You’ll know he’s at the chopper because 1) you’ll be able to hear helicopter rotors and 2) if you’re following him on your map, when he gets into his chopper the map will snap off. Pull out your Bomb Remote and wait 15 seconds. (I do this only because when I blew him up right away I tended to get Alerts from the guards. But, if you wait until he’s airborne a little, no alerts.) But, don’t wait too long or he’ll go out of range, and your mission will fail (“too long” is somewhere between 20 and 25 seconds).

After the helicopter’s destroyed, you can either saunter out with Mei Ling from the 4th floor back to your starting position, or (if you opted to leave Mei there and teach her a valuable lesson about the Whore Who Cried Wolf) you can simply walk out yourself. Final stats should be Silent Assassin, with 1 enemy killed, 0 innocents, 0 alerts, and 0 close encounters.

Zaphod
16th Oct 2002, 14:16
Written by Zaphod

Now this is a fun mission. Tons of replayability here – lots of civilians, lots of guards, multiple ways of achieving your goal. Plus, it’s one of the easiest missions in the game. I can’t wait until I’m done with the game to fire up some cheats, go back to this mission, and pull a Neo in the lobby of this building. It has a Thermal Bath Hotel kind of vibe… just right for one of those gleeful, slightly guilt-inducing Kill Anything That Moves massacres. But, for now, we’ll go all stealthy.

When you start, you’re in a small phone cubicle. Check your map – there’s 3 “!” spots on the first floor. We’ll be visiting 2 of them. Start by going toward the red Hitman logo to find your weapons cache. You’re not allowed in any of the 4 “wings” of this main floor, so when you first open the door, stop. Swing your mouse around so you can see what’s around the corner. Eventually you’ll see a guard going from right to left through a door. Once the door is closed, run around the corner and enter the door to your right. Your locker is on the left. Open it, grab all your stuff, and run out of the Security wing. Note: if at any time in these wings, you run into a guard, all he’ll do is give you a “You’re not allowed in here” speech, so just calmly leave and wait for a better opportunity.

After getting your weapons, go straight across to the Laundry wing and wait outside. Two guards to deal with here – one patrolling this wing, and another on an enormous patrol route that takes him past the front desk and into the Security wing. When one of them is inside the wing, and another is out of sight, run through the door to the Laundry wing, and then through the door immediately in front of you. Turn around and look through the keyhole. Once the guard inside the wing has left, run out of the little room you’re in, around the corner to the left, and into the Laundry Room door. Just inside the door to your right are laundry chutes. Run to them and hit the Use button to “Place the Bomb.” You’re planting a smoke bomb in the basement. Here’s where things get fun.

Run out of the Laundry wing and all the way across the ground floor to the Fire Department wing. Don’t take the short route through the metal detectors – you’re now carrying a 9mm and you’ll be caught. Take the longer way past the front desk. Once at the Fire wing, wait. After a minute or so the fire alarm will go off, and fire department guys will come pouring out (there’s 4 in there just chilling out, plus any of the roving fire guys who have gone into the wing. After they’ve all come out, run into the Fire wing, round the corner, and through the door on your left. On your right is a spare firefighter uniform. Put it on and grab a fire ax. Head back out of the Fire Dept. wing and toward the stairs. If you’re not sure where the stairs are, check your map. They’re through the metal detectors and to the left. You’ll set the detector off, but since you’re a firefighter, and carrying a big metal fire ax, they’ll let you pass. Note: I haven’t tried running through the detector without an ax. You’d still set it off, because of your pistol, and my guess is that the guards would get suspicious that you’re setting it off without any visible metal weapons (no ax) showing. Try it if you want, but the ax is fun to display on your tool shed wall.

Once down the stairs, run through the double doors, to the end of the corridor, through another set of double doors, and turn left. You should be in front of a security office. Enter and look to your right. There’s a computer with some green text on it. Pull out your silenced 9mm and put a round into the screen. Pick up your fire ax and continue through the door that’s inside the office. Run down the stairs and through the next few doors. Pick the lock of the last door you come to. You’re now near your target. Go into Sneak and pull out your fiber wire.

This room has leftover food scattered everywhere. If you walk across the potato chips, they’ll make a sound and possibly alert your target. So, pick your route carefully and sneak up behind fatso. Wire him and watch a small cutscene. Leave the body where he fell and make your way back to the door, avoiding the chips again (or it’ll somehow alert the guards upstairs). Pick the ax back up (if you want to have it for future missions), and walk back up toward the security office. Pause when you can see the door, but are still down the stairs from it. There are 2 guards in the office who will get really cranky if they see you.

This last part has to be done fast – walk up the stairs until you can see through the security office window to the floor beyond. A guard is on patrol. Once he passes from right to left in front of the window, wait a few seconds, then start running for the door. You’ll be running the rest of the way through this. Open the door on the fly and take an immediate sharp right into the elevator. If you do it fast enough the guards don’t have time to register a Close Encounter or an Alert on your stats. As soon as you get in the elevator the mission ends immediately. So, if you’re quick, you can end up with an SA rating, 0 innocents, 0 alerts, and 0 close encounters.