PDA

View Full Version : Extremely exited....2002 best strategy game

tek956st
12th Oct 2002, 22:27
Hell0 guys! i know this is off the commandos subject, but I've found the best game of 2002 or 2003. i just viewed th website to Comand and conquer Generals......and truly this is eye candy for all who behold it's glory and splendor. I would almost say it's better commandos....Almost! but whatever, go take a look guys and tell me what you think. It's just too bad they pushed it back. till february of next yr.

Red Mage
13th Oct 2002, 06:17
Yep I've seen the screen shots, it looks promising but when the time comes we will be the judge of that I guess!:p

Thorup
15th Oct 2002, 18:53
I wouldn't compare commandos with any other games than robin hood and desperados since there are not more games than that of the same kind. maybe a few unknown, but there are few.

c 'n' c generals should be compared to games like empire earth, emperor battle for dune etc.

personally I like C&C just as much as commandos, and looking forward to the 6th game of the serie:)

posponed till february....damn!!! haven't checked out the site in some days. :mad:

Twitch
18th Oct 2002, 15:21
There is one I saw at E3 that looks interesting. It's called Soldner (Mercenary) at http://www.secretwars.net/

Thorup
19th Oct 2002, 13:09
seems laim if you ask me:rolleyes:

1shot1kill
19th Oct 2002, 19:06
Jeez how do you mean outdated graphics?

David
20th Oct 2002, 04:51
yep.
what about "settlers 4 new world"

http://www.s4nation.com/index.php?category=gallery&page=s4&t=1

http://gamesweb.com/pc/tipps_tricks/s4-addon/

Mike_B
20th Oct 2002, 08:12
I wouldn't buy the second mission cd. Think that Ubisoft wants to get it's money back by bringing out a second mission cd after releasing mission cd1 + trojan add-on. The trojan addon is worth the money, I've played it. As for the mission cd it's only contains some maps, and you can already download a couple of hundred maps.

David
20th Oct 2002, 16:12
yep.i think that it is not worth it too:(.have you ever tried settlers 2?

1shot1kill
20th Oct 2002, 18:43
Settlers 2 was ok, part 3 was a big disappointment.

Thorup
20th Oct 2002, 18:53
isn't that game very old??? like from dune2's time?

David
20th Oct 2002, 22:16
settlers 2 is quite very old.maybe 1992-5 or something.settlers 3 made in 1998.
settlers 3 is actualy a bit better then 4th part.that one is same stuff with better graphics,but gameplay remains same

tek956st
21st Oct 2002, 04:21
Well to my kn0wledge it's only 2games I'm really waiting f0r....Age or myth0logy and c0mmand and c0nquer: generals. And now i heard there's a new medal 0r h0nor coming 0ut.... called medal 0r h0nor allied assualt: spearhead. I like t0 wh0le idea 0r medal 0f hon0r..I just d0n't t0 much dig 1st-person shooters or even games modeled after d0om or even quake. If any of you guys 0wna playstation 2, then I can tell you 0f a c0ol w0rl war 2 game that shuld be made.......Socom: US navy seals. Now imagine that game in wwII format and if any of y0u guys ever played it then you know what I'm talking about. it's would be like a medal of honor game but in 3rd to 1st person views and it would'nt be in quake or doom style of play. the original game it self is just too cool...you're put in covert missions with a team or 4 men (yourself included) and you ake on terrorist, saving and securing hostages, recovering intel, eliminating key terrorist and using steath when you're vastly out numbering, but the best part of is the arsenal you get and the a.i of the game. I assure you this is no easy game, but I did beat it...you enemy a.i adn team member a.i is impressively well or a game. Like for example you'll be entering a combat zone and you teamamtes will cover you and execute orders you give with all to excellent precision. if you don't see a guy or he gets the drop on you they'll take him out.....I'm telling you this game is just to awesome. Maybe you guys should check you the website. Sorry! I don't know it though. But the sad part is it's a console game only! But i think if put into wwII format it could be very promising...far better than other wwII game I've see...and PROBALY will see.

David
21st Oct 2002, 13:07
are you talking about deadly dozen?

1shot1kill
21st Oct 2002, 13:11
Originally posted by tek956st
Well to my kn0wledge it's only 2games I'm really waiting f0r....Age or myth0logy and c0mmand and c0nquer: generals. And now i heard there's a new medal 0r h0nor coming 0ut.... called medal 0r h0nor allied assualt: spearhead. I like t0 wh0le idea 0r medal 0f hon0r..I just d0n't t0 much dig 1st-person shooters or even games modeled after d0om or even quake. If any of you guys 0wna playstation 2, then I can tell you 0f a c0ol w0rl war 2 game that shuld be made.......Socom: US navy seals. Now imagine that game in wwII format and if any of y0u guys ever played it then you know what I'm talking about. it's would be like a medal of honor game but in 3rd to 1st person views and it would'nt be in quake or doom style of play. the original game it self is just too cool...you're put in covert missions with a team or 4 men (yourself included) and you ake on terrorist, saving and securing hostages, recovering intel, eliminating key terrorist and using steath when you're vastly out numbering, but the best part of is the arsenal you get and the a.i of the game. I assure you this is no easy game, but I did beat it...you enemy a.i adn team member a.i is impressively well or a game. Like for example you'll be entering a combat zone and you teamamtes will cover you and execute orders you give with all to excellent precision. if you don't see a guy or he gets the drop on you they'll take him out.....I'm telling you this game is just to awesome. Maybe you guys should check you the website. Sorry! I don't know it though. But the sad part is it's a console game only! But i think if put into wwII format it could be very promising...far better than other wwII game I've see...and PROBALY will see.

Dude is your o key broken or something? :p

And Settlers 2 is 1996 according to my box.

Rapid
21st Oct 2002, 16:05
Originally posted by tek956st
....Socom: US navy seals.... it's a console game only...

Heard good things about it, wish it were available for PC. Maybe someone will let us know if and when it is. Speaking of which, reminds me i've been meaning to ask -- (see new topic).

Mike_B
21st Oct 2002, 19:06
Originally posted by David
yep.i think that it is not worth it too:(.have you ever tried settlers 2?

I played a demo of it and I wasn't really good at it :rolleyes:. Settlers 3 was IMO good, settlers 4 wasn't bad exept for loads of bugs, I like(d) the game. Wonder what Settlers 5 will be like.

tek956st
21st Oct 2002, 21:16
Why do you ask is my keyboard broken ?

tek956st
21st Oct 2002, 21:19
-if you mean the zeros replacing regular o's....well I just like to type that way it looks cool to me. Or if you're referring to the typo's well it was late and I had a long day...I usually come on at night.

Thorup
22nd Oct 2002, 08:04
I think it is anoying:mad:

Rapid
22nd Oct 2002, 14:05
Tek, it makes your posts really hard, and if long almost impossible, to read. Very annoying to the eye.

1shot1kill
22nd Oct 2002, 23:19
Definatly annoying, the plague of online gaming.

tek956st
23rd Oct 2002, 04:02
I would hardly use te term defiantly annoying..but quite irritating I've heard.:D

David
27th Oct 2002, 19:45
It Is ThE SaMe StUfF,iF ThE TeXt WoUlD Be WrIttEn LiKe ThIs?
ohh,c&c generals qould be quite good game.
Btw Settlers 5,as i read,will use 3d engine.now idea how it will look.

Thorup
28th Oct 2002, 07:43
Nothing will beat Emperor Battle for Dune anyway

1shot1kill
28th Oct 2002, 14:36
You got to be joking...

Thorup
29th Oct 2002, 07:51
nnnnnno. of course not, but if generals have thevsame 3d stuff, then it will be cool.

1shot1kill
29th Oct 2002, 14:06
IMO the followig games beat Emperor: Battle for Dune: The whole C&C series, both the TA games and both the MAX games.

Thorup
30th Oct 2002, 11:04
none of the c&c games are better than emperor.

and what is TA and MAX games?

David
30th Oct 2002, 13:33
what about age of mythology? there is already demo of that:)

1shot1kill
30th Oct 2002, 14:33
The C&C games outclass emperor on every front. TA is Total Annihilation. Sorry i should have written MAX as M.A.X. whih was the name of the game but the letters stand for Mechanized Assault & Exploration.

Thorup
30th Oct 2002, 15:48
David, where can I download the demo??

and I have never tried TA or whih games, so I can't say anything.

but emperor has better graphics than any c&c game, and you can rotate the camera, zoom and much more.

Mike_B
30th Oct 2002, 16:33
Age Of Mythology demo (http://games.telenet.be/demos.php?demoid=244)

David
30th Oct 2002, 19:02
here : http://games.telenet.be/demos.html

how does this game lloks like?

Thorup
30th Oct 2002, 20:55
dunno, can't download it untill friday. and can't play it untill I get a cable to transfer it from my laptop to the stationary computer.

David
31st Oct 2002, 03:32
downloaded the demo.it is 300mb:( never played such style game.will try it now.

ragsy
31st Oct 2002, 05:03
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
IMO the followig games beat Emperor: Battle for Dune: The whole C&C series, both the TA games and both the MAX games.

Good call on TA

TA is the one old game that I still play regularly, so many mods for it too

I still don't have a computer that will handle the 65000 unit limit of the game, I'll probably keep playing until I do and then something better will come out, and maybe then it will hit the shelf

1shot1kill
31st Oct 2002, 15:13
Mods? Where? Have you played Kingdoms? It's totally different because it's monsters and knights instead of robots but it still got the same feel when you build stuff.