PDA

View Full Version : Which action star do you like best?

Goose Master
12th Oct 2002, 19:07
Which action star do you like best? (not including Lara if you can)
Probably the one i like the most is Rambo. I can always sit and watch a rambo movie and not have to worry about the story line as they all end the same . The movies deliver all you could want out of an action movie, its just all harmless fun. So who do you people think?

THE True Lara
12th Oct 2002, 19:17
You say Rambo, but do you mean action stars, as in the characters or the actors?
Me I don't have one either way, the closest would be say, Harrison Ford, I suppose Conan's always good for a laugh.

But I'll tell you who it's not, it's not Jean Claude Van Dame!

10 mins later.......

Oh God what am I saying, I know; it's Jackie Chan, my fav, definately Jackie Chan!!! :D
yeesh, why didn't I think of that sooner...??

Goose Master
12th Oct 2002, 19:34
I hope you mean conan the barabarian! Jakie chan is great his films are so good. I got some of his 70's ones aswell which are a bit poor in quality bt his new ones are brilliant. The best of his new ones i think is Rush Hour 1 and out of his old Operation Condor Armour of god 2 i have never seen the first. I mean stars as in characters by the way.

THE True Lara
12th Oct 2002, 19:46
Yes I did mean CtB,
Yes Rush Hour is very good,
and
Yes, I've only seen the second Operation Condor as well!

weird.....

Mgardiner
12th Oct 2002, 20:00
The chick from Resident Evil.

Goose Master
12th Oct 2002, 20:14
Its not weird you just have good taste! you said you liked Harrison Ford, which probably means you like indiana jones which of the 3 films is your favorite? I think that raiders of the lost ark is the best because of the opening mostly.

which chick do you mean?

How do you put pictures on these?

So many questions?!?:confused:

THE True Lara
12th Oct 2002, 20:23
I do indeed like Indy! ;)
Though it's tough to decide which is best of the three, Raiders had some fantastic moments, like you said the opening was good, and of course, Harrisons own addition to the fight scene in the market place, amongst others. And Last Crusade was a super double-act throughout between Connery and Ford, but I think Temple of Doom is my most watched.

I think the RE chick in question is the Milla Jovovich one ;)

and to put a picture up you write thusly

[ i m g ] h t t p : / / w w w . address of picture . j p g [ / i m g ]

-obviousy without the spaces ;)

Goose Master
12th Oct 2002, 20:29
Thanks for the info. I have peobably seen temple of doom mostly to as it was the only one i had on video untill i got that box set one. Always used to scare me when i was young with the monkey brains and the beatles and bugs. Another good film of his is Blade Runner i still cant believe the special effects on that were from 1982! I also like Bruce Lee films except for Game of Death ones.

THE True Lara
12th Oct 2002, 20:44
hee hee, the monkey brains didn't bother me as much as the creepy-crawley tunnel! :D I live up the road from the place that supplied a lot of the bugs for that scene, and have held some from the same stock! Lovely.......
Blade Runner's a great piece of work. Hated Harrisons hair cut in it though, totally distracting.
Haven't seen much of Bruces work aside from Enter the Dragon and Way of the Dragon. Did you know, Jackie was actually one of the henchmen Bruce fights in that first film?! ;)

Data
12th Oct 2002, 21:04
Originally posted by Mgardiner
The chick from Resident Evil.

Do you mean Milla Jovovich?

TombRaiderChik
13th Oct 2002, 02:37
nick cage or tom cruise or anyone else who does most of their own stunts :D

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 07:36
Chow Yun Fat.

Data
13th Oct 2002, 09:42
Originally posted by DaveJ
Chow Yun Fat.

Hmm, 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon', he was excellent in that. :)

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 09:42
I didnt know that jakie was in it ill look out for it. Tom Cruise is good in MI:2 as you can tell it was him doing it. Pity as i thought the film wasnt up to the first ones place. But on its own it was good. I still havnt seen the resident Evil movie. WAsnt Chow Yun Fat in Marshal Law?

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 10:04
http://www.C:\My Documents\My Received Files\i-1.jpg

hope it works

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 12:22
You can't link to files on your hard drive...they need to be uploaded to webspace first.

Chow Yun Fat was in - amongst many others - "Hard Boiled", "The Killer", "A Better Tomorrow" in Hong Kong (with Director John Woo).....and "The Corruptor" and "Replacement Kilers" in Hollywood.
(But not "Martial Law")

His Hong Kong movies have been copied many times, but never bettered.

Godfather
13th Oct 2002, 15:22
There is only one true action star ....

Private J. Vasquez!!!! :cool:

She's probably the only woman who could actually stop Lara Croft! :D

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 15:56
What about Audie Murphey he was a real hero. This was about the only thing that made his film watchable.

THE True Lara
13th Oct 2002, 17:10
Originally posted by Godfather
There is only one true action star ....

Private J. Vasquez!!!! :cool:

oh don't, GI Jane was dreadful! :( :rolleyes:

...and Chow Yun Far scares me.......

THE True Lara
13th Oct 2002, 17:14
Humm... I see I wasn't clear enough on the pictures thing Gosse Master.

Do you have a website/webspace, if so upload your picture and link from there. If not, email it me and I'll post it for you, just this once ;)

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 17:18
Originally posted by THE True Lara

oh don't, GI Jane was dreadful! :( :rolleyes:

...and Chow Yun Far scares me.......

Eh?

'Aliens'...Pvt. Vasquez.

Chow Yun fat....epitome of cool.
;)

THE True Lara
13th Oct 2002, 17:22
Aahhhhhhhhhhhh, okay,

But GI Jane was still crap :p

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 17:25
No dispute from me on that one!

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 17:48
Well i still believe John Rambo's the best. First Blood part 2 has got to be the best action movie ever made. The first one was good and the last was just plain bad. I would include a picture of him but i cant find a web page where you can view the pictures seperatly from the site. Has anyone seen Commando here?

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 17:51
Hmmmm....less said about that one too the better.

THE True Lara
13th Oct 2002, 17:58
Can't say Rambo does anything for me, to be honest, I prefer 'Hot Shots! part Deux' ;)

And yes, seen Commando, Predator was better, though.

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 18:01
never say rambos unrealistic till you have seen that. The end i cringe at its cornieness instead of the warning Extreme Content on the front the should put Extreme Corn. But saying that i did buy it on video after i had already watched it.:eek:

THE True Lara
13th Oct 2002, 18:02
can we say Rambo's unrealistic after we've seen that...?

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 18:22
NO! N-O NO! Well you can but only once. Do you like Rocky films? Do you like any Sylvester Stallone movie. Hot Shots Part:Deux was good so was the first dont know what was funnier though. The sword fight between sadam and topper was funny but so was the bomb and the dropping on him by the swimming pool on the first.

You have got to admit that first blood was realstic well you dont have to but i would appreciate it.

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 18:23
I saw them all sadly.....and they are - with the exception of the first one - ridiculous in the extreme.

But its when Stallone was at his peak.... he could've made a documentary about B-roads in Britain and it would've done big bucks.

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 18:26
The start of the second wasnt that bad and the 3rd was horrid. But even that can not beat the body count of Commando

DaveJ
13th Oct 2002, 18:29
If you want a realistic action film - ie. one that accurately portrays the horror of being hit by gunfire, watch "Three Kings" or "Saving Pvt Ryan."

They have a story that gets in the way of the shooting and explosions and stuff, but are better off for it.
;)

Goose Master
13th Oct 2002, 18:41
I thought that black hawk down was better for that type of thing but thats moving to the subject of war movies. I know that rambo is a form of war movie but its more action really.

THE True Lara
13th Oct 2002, 21:24
What is it with war films anyway, I mean, after a short, (very short) while don't they just bore you senseless?? On and on with the yack yack yack inbetween the bang bang bang and the bomb bomb bomb. Ugh. And don't say "that's what war is", because it's more than that. There isn't a time when there won't be at least one war film at the box office, and they're getting worse and worse, now the industry has exhausted the angry-solider-with-vendetta-of-revenge stick, they've gone onto the semi-mushy-we're-all-a-big-solider-family and the rescuing-fellow-soliders-behind-the-lines vien of films, does anyone even know what that last Mel Gibson one was about?!! Worse still, war has just become another way to make money out of films, or video games, it's gone beyond good taste. You may think Medal of Honour is a great game, but it's trivialising it's subject matter. And when oh when will the US get over Nam, I mean it was bad, but please, LET - IT - GO! You don't see us Brits *****ing about St Crispin's day do you???!?
You'll never get a totally realistic war film anyway, aside from the fact that film makers wouldn't know how, the governments don't want to put people off joining the national guard either...
Sorry, I'm sure I've ruffled a few feathers, but it's been a long day, and it needed to be said.
Anyway, that's me done
for now...
big sigh, time for another cuppa......

Godfather
13th Oct 2002, 22:15
Ever since Steven Spielberg made "Saving private Ryan" almost every director in America who hadn't made a war-movie yet, thought he could pull off what Spielberg did. That explains why there are sooo many dull war-movies over the past few years. :(

For example: "We were soldiers" and "Windtalkers" ... save your money: avoid them at all costs ... believe me ... I've seen them and I regret it bigtime!!

If you wanna see a really good war-movie, go and see "The pianist" ... now that is worth 6,5 dollars ... (or how much does it cost in America to see a movie?) :D

infinite_sadness
13th Oct 2002, 22:30
Charly the spy.....
(the long kiss goodnight)

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 07:40
You may think Medal of Honour is a great game, but it's trivialising it's subject matter.

The WWII Veterans society didn't think so....

The Normandy Beach landing section of that game trivialises nothing.
Take a good look around (if you can) whilst playing that bit...you'll see what I mean.

You'll never get a totally realistic war film anyway, aside from the fact that film makers wouldn't know how, the governments don't want to put people off joining the national guard either...

Again...the veterans of that day in 1944 would seem to disagree with you....

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 08:10
So you're saying that turning an event like that into a computer game hasn't trivialised it???
Do you realise how that sounds??

SteveGanon
14th Oct 2002, 08:59
I vote for Jackie Chan as the most talented action star. He's been doing his thing his whole life -training/acting/stunts. Although Bruce Willis in the Die Hard movies was pretty good -YIPPIE-KYE-YAE. But then again there is Steven Seagal in his movies too! And of course we can't forget about a few classics like Al Pacino in the Godfather trilogy (okay thats Drama -but still plenty of action!), and "there can be only one" Christopher Lambert in the Highlander movies. ...actually I forgot about the last Highlander movie...scratch the last one. :D

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 09:22
So you're saying that turning an event like that into a computer game hasn't trivialised it???
Do you realise how that sounds??

The same could be said of any real-life event captured in any media...book, film, comic, game etc.

It depends how it is done.
Does it trivialise it, or does it honour it?

In this case, the game in no way trivialises that day or the events before and after. Its not a gung-ho kinda game, not when it gives you the names of the characters in your company who die as they die. You are constantly reminded of the harsh realities....which is why it is such a good game.

Another example is on the afore-mentioned D-Day segment of the game. Whilst my character was sheltering behind a steel obstacle, I looked across to see an NPC was sat behind a similar structure...he had abandoned his gun and was shaking and crying in shock. A little touch that shows attention to detail, and demonstrates that the makers of the game were in no way trivialising those events.

I'm guessing you haven't played it...is it just the idea of it that bothers you?

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 10:47

I'm guessing you haven't played it...is it just the idea of it that bothers you?

Yes, on both counts.

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 10:59
See...thats the problem that The Daily Mail has.

They will complain and protest about anything in principle without having watched/read/listened to it first.

Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt and say "OK...they are doing this...are they doing it for the wrong reasons or the right reasons?"

Take it from me (and I wouldn't gloss on a matter like this)...the game does not trivialise anything. It could so easily have been a shoot-em-up set on the Normandy Beaches....but it is obvious that way too much thought and consideration went into this.

I've played a lot of FPS games...but none left me feeling like this one did.

Educated is the first word that springs to mind.

Humbled is another.

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 11:16
reluctantly, I will take your word for it.

...and in future, I'd rather not have myself compared with the Daily Mail :(

I wasn't being blaze or activistic, I just know how it affected my Grandad, he died two months ago, more than 90 years old, and in all those years he never once -unlike the OAP stereotypes- even wanted to talk about his war experiences. The only way I even know that he was a paratrooper, and was wounded very badly is because it's been responsible for a lot of his health problems since, otherwise I'd never have known that becasue he simply couldn't speak of it. And I just find it hard to see how something like that can be put into a game format with out loosing some of it's meaning, or importance. The very word, 'game' would persuade anyone thusly.

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 11:23
I would never compare you to the Daily Mail....after all... I like you! :)

I sympathise as I had an Uncle with similar background. We lost him quite a while ago, but he suffered very badly in WW1. So I know where you're coming from.

As to games...well, it shows how they are growing up a little at last.... and challenging pre-concieved notions.

After all, there was a time when people had the same notions about movies or TV shows...how could they possibly be taken seriously? How could they possibly be moving or relevant?

After all...they are only entertainment, aren't they?

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 11:34
Thanks Dave, it's nice to have someone put forward an intelligent arguement about these things, ...makes being proven wrong a little less annoying ;)

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 11:37
Bless.
;)

Theres no right or wrong in this case really....you have very good reasons behind your conclusion.

But like Bob Hoskins used to say...."Its good to talk, innit?"

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 11:39
yes, and in his later margerine advertising campaigns; "it's good to Stork"......

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 13:09
Sadly his ads for the meat-marketing board were banned before being aired....

Goose Master
14th Oct 2002, 16:45
well thats me proved wrong on war. My next favorite is Schwarzenegger what can you find thats wrong about his movies? Not including the acting that is.

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 17:00
Bad one liners.
Predictable sequences.
Lowest common denominator 'plotting'.
Nice action scenes, though.

And given a fair director he appears in good movies (despite himself) like "Total Recall" or "True Lies".

The problem with Total Recall though is that you are never in any doubt that Arnie could wipe out an entire army whilst still drinking tea.
The original idea was to cast someone very un-assuming in the role....the last person who looks like an undercover arse-kicker....which would have been far more effective when the denouement arrived (as per the original short story "We can remember it for you wholesale.")

Richard Dreyfuss was mentioned, I think.

Data
14th Oct 2002, 17:24
Bad one liners.
Predictable sequences.
Lowest common denominator 'plotting'.
Nice action scenes, though.

This is all correct, however it is because he is so bad that many people like him; myself included. :D

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 17:36
Me too.

Did that not come across?

Goose Master
14th Oct 2002, 17:39
he can get away with it because people believe that people who have huge muscles can do the things he does. Conan the barbarian and Terminator 1 were both good films also predator and Red Heat were to. His recent ones are not though.

DaveJ
14th Oct 2002, 17:44
Old age takes its toll on all of us, sadly.

He's not far off 60 now. With a heart bypass, to boot.

Goose Master
14th Oct 2002, 17:48
He has had 5 heart attacks now i think and he is 54. He's lucky my dad only had 1.

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 20:48
He's lucky that's all he's had.

Personally I like seeing Arnie when he's trying to be funny, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but either way it's still amusing ;)
The nice thing about Arnie, is that despite the corney lines, and the obvious fact that he could never be the average Joe because no average person rips their shirt open Incredible-hulk-style everytime they pick up a can of beans and accidentally flex a few muscles, despite that, he's got a kind of honesty to him. There's no smarm or conceit, or Van Dame.... and quite frankly I like that, it's probably why I still like to watch Lightening Jack every once in a while. No silly machine gun, war paint, army style stuff, just Arnie walking round in a baby-blue cowboy suit grinning like a little kid, cheerily annoucing that he's the handsome stranger (named after his father). It might not be quality entertainment, but it's fun, and honest. -well, as honest as you'll get.... ;)

TombRaiderChik
15th Oct 2002, 00:28
NEVER MIND! ive changed who i like ....forget nick cage or anyone else! i just saw the transporter today and Jason Statham is definately a good action star!!! :D.....not to mention he's quite hot :p;)

LaraLookAlike1
15th Oct 2002, 00:49
James Bond! (Pierce Brosnan or Sean Connery):rolleyes:

TombRaiderChik
15th Oct 2002, 01:35
what about timothy dalton or roger more?

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 08:24
Ooooohhh Timothy! :D ;)
Bless him, he did a lot of his own stunts in his 2 Bond films (the one they'd let him) e.g. the opening credits for Living Daylights.
Good stuff.

..he came from Derby too you know...

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 10:02
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
what about timothy dalton or roger more?

I remember in the days that James Bond-films were still the very best in the action genre, the fans used to shout: "We want more ... Roger Moore!" :D

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 10:34
Yes...that was in the days when safari-suits were still considered to contain a degree of panache.

Luckily the Bond films still remain the most stylish actiion films out there...you can lob as many wire-maintained martial arts, explosions or snowboards as you want at a movie....they are all still wannabes in the shadow of a bit of British class.

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 10:39
He wasn't the best, but 'tis a very Bond name though; 'Moore'.
I'm suprised they haven't had a Bond girl called that, first name... Ivana???

LaraLookAlike1
15th Oct 2002, 10:46
Timothy Dalton? Roger Moore? Who? :D

I didn't like them. They weren't believeable as Bond, I thought. Maybe it's because their high-tech stuff seemed kind of dumb. And Timothy Dalton doesn't even sound like James Bond.

And besides, Pierce Brosnan is cute!:rolleyes:

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 10:51
Dalton had the character right...but it demonstarted why a literal translation of Flemings written character wasn't quite right for the big screen. I liked him, though.

Brosnan and Connery both nailed the character spot on.

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 10:57
What do you mean didn't sound like Bond????!!!
Tim was super! and he's also the only Bond who's had indication of thought when it comes to the women, I know Bond has a rep for the ladies, but in a lot of the films it's just come off as looking bad.
And don't get me started on the greasey slimey smarm machine that is Brosnan, grrrrrrrrrrr :mad: I just can't see why people like him?! Connery, yes, Brosnan, NO.

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 11:46
Because he has the right combination as Bond of charm, style and ruthlessness...mixed with the vague whiff of snobbishness that Fleming envisaged and Connery perfected.

He is also rare amongst actors today in that he has a genuine style about himself...an air of dignity and class. He carries himself soooo well. I have a lot of time and respect for him.

Mind you....his remake of "The Thomas Crown Affair" is probably my all time fave movie, too.

;)

Lord Croft
15th Oct 2002, 11:49
Sean Connery was the best Bond of all times. He was also great in the Highlander.

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 12:13
Originally posted by Lord Croft
Sean Connery was the best Bond of all times. He was also great in the Highlander.

Nah. He was great in "The rock", "The untouchables", "Just cause" and "The name of the rose". Highlander was stupid ... my opinion. ;)

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 12:18
Dalton had the character right...but it demonstarted why a literal translation of Flemings written character wasn't quite right for the big screen. I liked him, though.
Brosnan and Connery both nailed the character spot on.

I guess nobody liked George Lazenby as James Bond, right? :p

And DaveJ, being such a great fan of Pierce Brosnan, I really liked him in Mrs. Doubtfire ... that remake you liked so much; it was ok. But I gotta see that one again to fully give you my opinion about it. I don't remember too much of it. :(

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 12:20
ooohh, what I would have given to be the one pelting him with fruit in that!

and of course no one liked Lazenby, we're not stupid you know! :D

Oh, and how dare you say such things about Highlander! Watch out, or I'll be pelting you with fruit! ;)

whitemetal
15th Oct 2002, 12:43
Rutger Hauer.......Hitcher.......Blade runner.....Blind fury.......Night hawks......Slit second. I like him in these films and others of which I won't bore you with. Hard and tough, cruel and hostile one moment cool and a hornbag the next. Pretty much covers the character to all his movies but hey! what ever floats ya boat right.

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 13:00
Originally posted by White Metal
Rutger Hauer.......Hitcher.......Blade runner.....Blind fury.......Night hawks......Slit second. I like him in these films and others of which I won't bore you with. Hard and tough, cruel and hostile one moment cool and a hornbag the next. Pretty much covers the character to all his movies but hey! what ever floats ya boat right.

Well, he sure is one lucky bastard: Rutger Hauer. He got to play with Michelle Pfeiffer in a movie once ... although he could never be with her since he lived in daylight in she during the night ... or something weird like that ... :D

whitemetal
15th Oct 2002, 13:13
You are refering to Lady hawke which also stared Mathew Broderick, Yep it's a good flick

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 13:15
You are refering to Lady hawke which also stared Mathew Broderick, Yep it's a good flick

Right! Lady Hawk! Now was Michelle Pfeiffer dead-zexy and ballooba-beautiful or WHAT??!!! :D

whitemetal
15th Oct 2002, 13:25
Well if ya askin' me i think she's kinda' sickly looking and too white but whatever floats ya boat. :p

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 13:44
Well if ya askin' me i think she's kinda' sickly looking and too white but whatever floats ya boat. :p

Too white?!! Man!! With a name like White Metal that is an expression which I can't allow! :D

And ... you seem to say that a lot, huh? ... whatever floats ya boat ... :p

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 13:57
Originally posted by Godfather

Right! Lady Hawk! Now was Michelle Pfeiffer dead-zexy and ballooba-beautiful or WHAT??!!! :D
down boy...

what would Lara say???

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 14:03
In all honesty, I don't give a ***** what other peoples opinion of "The Thomas Crown Affair" is.

Its my favourite film, as decided by me...not the Hollywood critic's top 100 lists.
And as a movie it is way better than simply "OK". That is not an opinion...it is fact. Especially if you know anything about the craft.

For the record, Lazenby had the hardest job of all, being the first non-Connery Bond. But "On Her Majesties Secret Service" remains one of the best Bond films amongst afficionados as it stuck closest to the original source novel.

Goose Master
15th Oct 2002, 15:16
The question on my mind is why did lazenby wear a kilt in on her majest's secret service? I know connery is a scot but he must have got the wrong end of the stick or somthing because Bond isnt.

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 15:20
'twas to do with his hertitage....

Goose Master
15th Oct 2002, 15:25
Anyone like Mad Max? those are great films except for Beyond the thunderdome. It is fascinating to me.

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 15:25
Indeed...his family were of Scottish ancestry.

The tartan of his kilt was accurate too, BTW

Goose Master
15th Oct 2002, 15:33
Do you ever find that when watching political films like The Twelth Day that you want the nuclear war to happen? Somtimes i do just to see what it would be like after.

Anyone here played the Fallout games? they have got to be my favourite RPG gmaes ever.

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 15:42
The tartan of his kilt was accurate too, BTW

well, as accurate as tartan is, since the whole system is a rotten fraud. ;) No one's tartan is actually anything to do with their heritage as one day some centuries ago a group of people sat down and simply allocated a type of tartan to a family name, and when they ran out of patterns they started over again. That's the truth of it I'm afraid, but bless 'em for trying eh?

and no, GM, I can honestly say I've NEVER wanted a nuclear war to happen!!! :eek: :( :confused:

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 15:46
Originally posted by Goose Master
Do you ever find that when watching political films like The Twelth Day that you want the nuclear war to happen? Somtimes i do just to see what it would be like after.

No....I don't. And I don't think you would.

Not unless your flesh is already falling off and you are eating moss for sustenance.

Then you wouldn't notice the difference that much.

TTL.....'as accurate as can be given the inherent flaws in the tartan system', I meant.
;)

Goose Master
15th Oct 2002, 16:01
You've never seen mad max have you? Well that is what the world is supposed to look like after a nuclear war. I said i would like to see what it would be like as in watching it on tv. Anyway one nuclear weapon these days has the power to destroy 75 miles (not including radiation) only not the whole world

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 16:13
Yes, I have seen all the Mad Max movies many times. I remember seeing the first one when it first opened at the UK cinema.
The first film takes place before the non-specific nuclear holocaust....2 and 3 take place after.

That is what a film-maker imagined Australia would be like after the bombs dropped.

And if there were a war, there would be many more than just the one falling.

For a more believable depiction of post-apocalyptic life watch "Threads"...made many years ago by the BBC.....still the most frightening look at what it may be like....no Hollywood glamour in sight.

Goose Master
15th Oct 2002, 16:20
i have seen treads the old black and white 50's thing we're doing about nuclear war/cold war in history. Also theres a good one called 'atomic cafe' which shows propaganda and the results from test sites and hiroshema and nagasaki. Even after watching these i still find it hard to visualize what it would be like. Strange to think that governments have the power to take us back to the stone age in the time it takes to make a pot noodle. But i still find it intersting.

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 16:20
TTL.....'as accurate as can be given the inherent flaws in the tartan system', I meant.
;)

I knew that dear... ;)

and yes, Threads, oh, that was 1981, 82? V.depressing stuff....
Have you seen that animated one about the old couple after a nuclear bomb falls, "when the wind blows" also very depressing stuff...

DaveJ
15th Oct 2002, 16:28
Strange to think that governments have the power to take us back to the stone age in the time it takes to make a pot noodle.

That is one of the best ways to describe how frightening the whole thing is that I have seen!
Kudos!

Goose Master
15th Oct 2002, 16:44
Thanks DaveJ feel free to use it at your will. If 'Threads' was made in the 80's then i havnt seen it. I havnt seen the other one neither with the old couple. Well on a lighter note i think that mel gibson is a good action hero in leathal weapon films and others.

'I havnt seen the other one neither' is that a double negative?:confused:

On a different subject if you liked the film black hawk down then you should check this page it has good information and videos of the real thing. http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/video.asp

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 19:05
t'would be better to have said
"I haven't seen the other one either"
but you were close.... ;)

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 00:55
Well, my personal favorite action movie actors are Jackie Chan, the dude that starred in the original The Crow movie (Brandon Lee, is it? rip) and Casper van Dien (Starship Troopers, Sleepy Hollow, one of the Tarzan movies), and favorite action girl would be Foxy Brown (man, she could kick ass!!). I don't know her real name, though. Now that girl knew how to get revenge! I don't know any other action actresses (why is it the guys that always get the top part in most action movies?).

Goose Master
16th Oct 2002, 17:30
Brandon Lee died making The Crow. Personaly i like Bruce Lee better. But obviously you have your oppinions.

DaveJ
16th Oct 2002, 18:46
Brandon Lee was on the verge of becoming a huge star and a terrific actor....I am still shook by his death....a great loss.

http://phaideaux1.homestead.com/files/ban.jpg

Godfather
16th Oct 2002, 22:07

down boy...

what would Lara say???

Well, my ultimate dream-world would have to be ME living with all of the most beautiful women under one roof and they all love me ... and each other?? (otherwise they'd constantly be fightin' over me, no?) : Lara Croft, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jacqueline Natla :D, Anna-Marie Goddard, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ilse De Meulemeester (Belgian very stylish but way too thin-supermodel), Charlie O'Neal, ...

I know this may sounds sick, but there's nothing wrong with day-dreaming from time to time, is there? Especially when ... THE NEXT TOMB RAIDER-GAME DOES TAKE SO LONG TO BE RELEASED!! It's frustrating ... :( ;)

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 23:09
Personaly i like Bruce Lee better. But obviously you have your oppinions.

I actually grew up w/ Bruce Lee. He used to be my fav., but his movies, imo, got kind of old.

Cyber_Punk_303
17th Oct 2002, 02:12
1. The Rock!

2. Wesley Snipes aka BLADE!

3. Keanu, Carrie-Anna, Laurence, aka Neo, Trinity, and Morpheous from the Matrix!

4. The two guys in IRON MONKEY!

5. Bruce Willis

6. Vin Diesel

War_Horus
20th Oct 2002, 17:08
Sean Connery as 007
Pierce Brosnan as 007
Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft
;) :)

Cyber_Punk_303
28th Oct 2002, 01:26
WESLY SNIPES

susan
28th Oct 2002, 13:51
I think Sigourney Weaver was great in the first 2 Alien films. I also have a soft spot for Harrison Ford...