PDA

View Full Version : INSURRECTION .... Sitting on the roof scratching my head

playwme
12th Oct 2002, 05:59
INSURRECTION...............

found the two trigger plates, put sleeping hammerite on them
thus activated the portal....or so i thought.
went to portal on the roof, gassed all the hammerites, jumped on the portal...and nothing.

other then not being able to get this part, this mission ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The views are beautiful, items hidden around the corners all the way wonderful mission.

Nightwalker
12th Oct 2002, 14:50
It seems a few people have been having problems with this and it's sometimes caused by playing with an unpatched version of T2, but that doesn't always correct it, either. (Check the thread here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58273)) Once you've depressed both pressure plates, you should get a change of objectives and when you get to the roof, the portal lid should be up in the air, so you can jump in.

Frobber is working on a version that will fix this problem, so you might want to replay it when it's out. :)

SlyFoxx
12th Oct 2002, 15:57
Did you reload after triggering the two switches? If you use bodies and then reload they will float over the switches and HAVE to be re-dropped. If you use the stone blocks you find in the labs this does not happen. (Took us testers a while to figure that all out...or maybe it was frobber , I forget.) But as Nightwalker said you might be the 1% of people having a problem and frobber is working on correcting this. Take heart if you have to wait. You've already completed the mission. All you are missing is the "ride" down the portal and the credits with the cool rock music. It is a cool ride though.

Vanguard
12th Oct 2002, 17:00
You can use the stone blocks instead of bodies to weigh down the floor plates. You don't need to waste a moss arrow, if you had any, either. Just wait until the patrolling AI is at the opposite corner of the room when you drop the block on the floor plate. The block must land horizontally. I have seen the floor plate rise back up if the block lands vertically.

frobber
13th Oct 2002, 01:50
The bouncy switches were fixed prior to release -- once the switch goes down, it stays down no matter how it got there. In fact, the switch goes away entirely and the signal gets latched (can't be unswitched).

As to the update, I have a working copy of the mission which should work with all versions of Thief 2. It is available either as a whole new download or a patch (for those without broadband). I'd recommend the whole thing since I haven't tested the patched the mission as much as the re-built version.

I'm not quite ready to release the update because I want this to be the final version -- and that requires more testing. But what I have on-hand is probably just fine, so I'll be happy to send a URL to anyone who has a gotten stuck as described above (or seen how objectives fail to tick off properly). Just send email to frobber-at-edanet.com and I'll get you on your way.

A bit of news...

So far I've had six reports of similar problems. Two of these were fixed by upgrading to Thief 2 version 1.18 (the one and only patch). And in two cases, version 1.18 did not help -- although one of these had a mix of both new and original versions. The other two people did not report on how things turned out.

With about 1,500 downloads so far, I'm guessing that the vast majority of players have no problem -- but even 1% is too many for me. The update should be out within a week.

playwme
13th Oct 2002, 06:08
ok, will try the patch and shoot u an email froober.

thanks

brent

frobber
14th Oct 2002, 18:53
Looks like the updated mission database is working just fine. I'm still testing, but if you can't wait, then send me email and I'll send you a URL. I'm almost certain that this is all set -- but I have my rules about rushing updates out the door.