PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me!! I bought hitman 2...and

aslinger
11th Oct 2002, 18:09
it just keeps kicking off. I can install it, and when I autorun it, I click on play, but it will not go any further. I have windows 2000. Can someone help me? I paid a blue fortune for this game, and really need it to work.

Catman
11th Oct 2002, 18:21
Without knowing more about your system, I can only suggest the usual suspects:

Make sure you have the latest service pack for Win2000.
Make sure you have current video and sound card drivers.
Turn off background applications.
Don't start the game from the CD's autorun menu.

Zaphod
11th Oct 2002, 18:26
Ok, here's something I found from the first Hitman game, and I have to suggest it here, even if it's totally lame.

Even if you have DirectX 8.1 installed already, even if you're running the beta of DirectX 9, let the game install its own copy of DirectX.

Again, I have no techinical basis for this statement. BUT, we managed to solve a LOT of crashing/install/bluescreen problems (mine included, actually) in the first game by simply always installing whatever version of DirectX the game comes with. It seems to make it happy.

Had you tried that, Aslinger?

aslinger
11th Oct 2002, 18:28
I am running Windows ME, with 126 MB Ram, Radeon DDR, Santa Cruz....ummm let me see what else I can find about it here....Pentium 4...does that help any?

dante_ra
11th Oct 2002, 21:46
A couple options here.
First the game requires 128MB of RAM. You said 126, but that is probably just windows screwing things up again, cause they don't make a 126MB RAM chip.
So, this is the lowest acceptable, but if windows is taking 2 MB and reserving it for it's own evil purposes, the game may only find 126 and die.

Secondly, I would check and see if Santa Cruz is DirectX8.1 compatible. You may need new drivers for it, etc.

The Ratheon card should be fine, as long as it has at least 16MB. Again, make sure you have all the latest drivers that are 8.1 compatible.