PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious feminine figure in Vorador's mansion...

Umah Bloodomen
11th Oct 2002, 18:05
Now I am playing around and watching the Blood Omen FMV's...I came across something rather odd in the dining room scene of Vorador's mansion. I took the liberty of brightening the images so you can view them better. I apologize for the quality.

http://www20.brinkster.com/umahbloodomen/voradorsdiningroom2.txt

http://www20.brinkster.com/umahbloodomen/voradorsdiningroom.txt

Now I know I could be looking into this a little more than necessary, but that's the fun in it.

My questions that arise from these images are:

1. Who is the mural of?
2. Why is the same mural surrounding the entire table of Vorador's dining room.

Eventhough the mural is hooded, the facial features appear quite feminine and the mural appears to be bald or has her hair concealed rather well.

From looking at Blinc's site, I would compare this mural to the Priestess murals, but perhaps that is farfetched at this point. The only two other bald women I would also compare this too is Lady Azimuth and Dejoule, but again, why would they appear here?

I will refrain from backtracking in the story and make a Seer association and I ask that you all kindly do the same.

Feedback anticipated and as always, greatly appreciated.

Anubis_Orr
11th Oct 2002, 18:42
I will refrain from backtracking in the story and make a Seer association and I ask that you all kindly do the same.
Huh?

As for who it may be; My only guess would be one of his brides, not all that many female characters to choose from, their "kind" is too stupid to survive for long enough :D j/k :p

Binky
11th Oct 2002, 18:51
I know it may - and will - sound stupid; and for a good reason. But when I was playing BO1, before SR2, mind it!, I thought that perhaps it was Janos Audron - or rather, as I thought then: Vorador's maker, who just turned out to be Janos Audron.

And hey, don't laugh, I thought that it would make sense to have Vorador have a portrait of whoever created him in his house. Much more sense than having him have those little angels at the entrance to his mansion, anyway.

Now, I don't know, so that's the only thing I can offer, idiotic as it is.

Reaper007
11th Oct 2002, 21:16
1) she is not bald u can see a hairline.
2) that may not be a hood, could be long hair.(that is the only pic i have ever seen, still playing bo1 slowly, im at the part where u first see the shades)

any1 know any vamps with long hair? just thought of kain for some reason, but it doesnt look like him.

Reaper007

KainSyndrome101
11th Oct 2002, 22:45
You know what's weird? I was just trying to figure out what that mural was yesterday. What a coincidence.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who it is.

Ardeth Silvereni
11th Oct 2002, 23:49
I personally doubt she's a character we've met.

The repeated use of the image suggests that she was someone important to Vorador. The clearest picture of her appears to be framed above his seat at the head of the table. He certainly had no love for the Circle, or any humans for that matter, so I rule out it being any of them.

I think she was someone he cared greatly about. She may have been one of his brides, but this kind of decoration seems like a shrine or memorial. Vorador lost many he loved in the Vampire Purge, perhaps - if she was a vampire - she was killed then.

Purely speculation, but I like to think of Vorador as a more passionate character. I think he had the capacity to love.

Anubis_Orr
12th Oct 2002, 00:13
Maybe it's his mother :D

Lady Kreliana
12th Oct 2002, 03:29
My guess is it's a bride, daughter, sister, cousin, mother, or some other important female figure in Vorador's life. We probably haven't met her, but I don't think she's someone who's really important to LoK. Heck, for all we know one of the programmers decided to plug in a pic of one of their wives/girlfriends. :P

Sarah
12th Oct 2002, 06:24
Why couldn't it be Ariel? The figure's face does seem to have that division-perhaps Ariel in a bid to truly restore balance in the land and bring vampires back into the Circle, was involved with Vorador; He doesn't harm her when he attacks the Circle, and shortly after Vorador kills several Circle members, Ariel herself is killed, by Mortanius/Hash(who may be the servant of the Elder God, who happens to want the Vampires eradicated)...
But then--the Sarafan Stronghold murals also show Vorador getting a mite cozy with those female Circle members--perhaps he just had a thing for powerful women that he hadn't created?
But actually-I have always just assumed it was Ariel.

FierceClaw
12th Oct 2002, 07:45
I just think the cutscene artists were trying to create an image to use as a decoration to make the background more interesting.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
13th Oct 2002, 08:34
It may be just because it's 3 am here and I'm really tired. But I think that it's the seer, and that vorador and her had a thing in the past (pre-kain).

Anything's possible, and I doubt this mystery will ever be revealed (but I'd love to have to take those words back).

Umah Bloodomen
13th Oct 2002, 17:48
I guess someone had to make the Seer association afterall. :p

(I refrained from associating her on account BO was created long before the Seer was ever thought of). :p ;)

Rook
13th Oct 2002, 20:38
Originally posted by FierceClaw
I just think the cutscene artists were trying to create an image to use as a decoration to make the background more interesting.

Much as I hate to sound dismissive of this sort of thing (coz God knows I glory in disecting LoK murals), I'd have to say that I'll agree with FierceClaw on this one.

Edit: That's not to say that they couldn't later decide that it is an image of the Seer (even if she wasn't part of LoK at the time of BO's making), or even that the Seer that is mentioned in BO is the same one we meet in BO2.;)

Lady Kreliana
14th Oct 2002, 00:56
Ya know, FierceClaw's probably right.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
14th Oct 2002, 06:52
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
I guess someone had to make the Seer association afterall. :p

(I refrained from associating her on account BO was created long before the Seer was ever thought of). :p ;)

Everybody was thinking "hey, that looks kinda like the seer," but nobody wanted to be the person to actually bring it up :)

Again, it's late, and I must go to bed....I really need to stop coming on this forum so late. Too many interesting topics to fuel my mind as I lay trying to fall asleep.

Shadow Man
3rd Nov 2002, 19:04
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah
Why couldn't it be Ariel? The figure's face does seem to have that division-perhaps Ariel in a bid to truly restore balance in the land and bring vampires back into the Circle, was involved with Vorador; He doesn't harm her when he attacks the Circle, and shortly after Vorador kills several Circle members, Ariel herself is killed, by Mortanius/Hash(who may be the servant of the Elder God, who happens to want the Vampires eradicated)...
But then--the Sarafan Stronghold murals also show Vorador getting a mite cozy with those female Circle members--perhaps he just had a thing for powerful women that he hadn't created?
But actually-I have always just assumed it was Ariel. [/QUOTE

Vorador didn't kill her when he killed the other guardians because she wasn't alive, she was a replacement for one of the guardians that was killed, the only guardians not to be killed were Mobius, Malek, and Mortanius. And Vorador isn't getting cosy with the female Circle members in the Stronghold murals, he's killing the by biting their necks from behind, as vampires do. As well I'd say that they used a female Circle Member to be killed so to make Vorador seem more evil, like they did to Janos' mural near the Reaver, and to Raziels mural behind Dumah, where Raziel first sees the statue of his former self.