PDA

View Full Version : Return To St. Petersburg SVD Sniper Doesn't Work!!!

IDMASTR
11th Oct 2002, 17:35
On the mission: Return To St. Petersburg, when I try to use the SVD Sniper Rifle on an enemy, the bullets pass right through them. No blood, nothing. If anyone else has experienced this, please let me know I'm not the only one. Thanks.

Zaphod
11th Oct 2002, 20:08
That's a new one on me. Anyone else?

Now, I don't want to cast aspertions on your eyesight, but is it possible you're... missing the targets?

IDMASTR
11th Oct 2002, 21:07
I'm positive that I'm hitting the targets

dante_ra
11th Oct 2002, 21:27
i don't want to spoil the level, but will just say this.
The SVD is not supposed to work.
The ammo you pick up are blanks.
Try killing the target another way, and it will all make sense.

WHO IS HUNTER
11th Oct 2002, 22:11
Well, I got the same problem, my sniper doesn't hit, but the problem is normally diana or someone would say something about the fact that you're not hitting them. Because now we are supposed to know it's not a real guy we have to go there and kill the other one off. What do you guys think?

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 01:10
Dante - that explains my earlier ignorance. I'm still only playing through for the first time, and I misread the "RETURN" part of "Return to St. Petersburg."

For future reference, if you're worried about putting in a spoiler, use the Spoiler tag, like this (click and drag over the blue text to see spoilers) Mission or plot spoilers go here.For more info, read this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3979).

MindBuster
12th Oct 2002, 02:01
Originally posted by dante_ra
i don't want to spoil the level, but will just say this.
The SVD is not supposed to work.
The ammo you pick up are blanks.
Try killing the target another way, and it will all make sense.

Huh?

The SVD works fine for me...

Maybe it has something to do with how you accomplish the first mission.....hmmm.....maybe.....gonna try that...

Btw, i got silent assassin on first level, well, i knew it from the demo so it was easy just getting SA, will try getting another ranking and see if the SVD works or not.

WHO IS HUNTER
13th Oct 2002, 22:13
weird, it's not possible that with some ppl the sniper works and other don't played the game now twice, normal (shooting) and other sa, no difference

Yx2[Lion]
14th Oct 2002, 03:26
Originally posted by IDMASTR
On the mission: Return To St. Petersburg, when I try to use the SVD Sniper Rifle on an enemy, the bullets pass right through them. No blood, nothing. If anyone else has experienced this, please let me know I'm not the only one. Thanks.

The reason is: The Target is a fake, Just a paper man. This mission is a trap, the agency want you go there to die.

The real Target is Mr.17, your "Brother". He is in a room beside the room of the Fake.