PDA

View Full Version : Sunken Gelnika - Issue

member_10431609
3rd Jun 2012, 20:06
I've never been able to get on the Gelnika. I've tried different save files. At different times and even on different memory cards but no matter what I do, i'm not allowed on the Gelnika. After all these years, i've just given up trying but I was just curious if this was a thing or if i'm a special case?

[To be clear, I HAVE looked up solutions and none ever work so i'm not looking for ways to board it anymore.]

Summoner
4th Jun 2012, 09:26
I forgot, what is the Gelnika? Can you describe it, I might remember.

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 09:32
I forgot, what is the Gelnika? Can you describe it, I might remember.

The crashed plane from Shinra, the one that was in Junon. It transported the huge materia to Rocket Town but got shot down by Weapon on the return trip.

It's where you fight Reno and Rude, get the Hades materia, Yuffie's best weapon, Conformer, Cid's Highwind limit break.

Sorry TC, don't know why you can't enter it.

I've always been able to when I get the submarine.

Summoner
4th Jun 2012, 11:52
Oh I remember, it's at the bottom of the sea when you're able to get in the Submarine right?

Automaton
4th Jun 2012, 13:31
I've never heard of this problem, either. I can understand "WEAPON is always blocking it so I'm to afraid to go near it", but it sounds like you might have a disc error.

Or are you saying you can't board it in Junon? Just making sure ;P

member_10431609
4th Jun 2012, 23:16
I've never heard of this problem, either. I can understand "WEAPON is always blocking it so I'm to afraid to go near it", but it sounds like you might have a disc error.

Or are you saying you can't board it in Junon? Just making sure ;P

i'm assuming it's a disc error though my copy doesn't do this anywhere else. I can't get on it once it has sunk which sucks since I always wanted to fight the turks again, get Hades and Cid's Limit Break.... Cid was my favorite (-_- )""

double0nothing
7th Jun 2012, 14:07
Probably just a disc error. Works fine for me, but on the CGI scene in disc 2 where

Cloud is on the wheelchair recovering from mako poisoning and enters his own mind to find himself again

freezes almost every time for me. That's what I get for buying it off Ebay and trusting that good condition means good condition. I had to run that scene about 30 times to get it to work.

member_10074094
9th Jun 2012, 18:01
Thankfully there are other ways to play it now... between psn and/or emulating, you might want to try one of those out. Sucks that you would have to start the game over... but can't be helped!

There was a time when I would have no issue with a psx emulator playing it, since it was sold out and I wasn't stealing any money from SE by emulating it, but now that its on PSN I'm not sure what they would think about you emulating it even if you own a copy. I thankfully do own a working copy, got lucky that it was actually good condition for being used.

You could also try pc, but not sure if its easy to find and emulating a pc version, even if you have a psx version, might not be the same thing as emulating a version you already own.