PDA

View Full Version : Some SR3 News.

KainSyndrome101
9th Oct 2002, 23:27
I found some info on SR3, and even if we have debates on whether it's true or not, Chris should be able to confirm it.

Here's the link: http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=30483&topic=4568102

warpsavant
10th Oct 2002, 00:03
What is there to debate? Everyone knows that.

I mean, did anyone ever think for a split second that they werent working on SR3 and just hangin out or something? LOL

Ilidian Stormrage
10th Oct 2002, 00:41
The only thing I have to say to everyone is a bit of advice that I have learned the very VERY hard way these past few months......have patience and confidence in people, instead of searching for new thing son SR3, wait for it to come to you. You wont be disappointed, I went through my fiancee leaving me, two girlfriends and then back to my fiancee and now we are getting married in 4 months, and all it took was some good patience.

KainSyndrome101
10th Oct 2002, 00:44
Jeez guys, what the hell? It says that they're past pre-production, and that they're adding special features like SR2. Isn't that good news?

Reaper007
10th Oct 2002, 01:49
I DONT WANT THEM TO GET IT OUT AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE! I WANT THEM TO WORK ON IT UNTIL THEY KNOW ITS GREAT! NOT JUST TO MEET SOME RELEASE DATE!

Reaper007

Naja
10th Oct 2002, 02:46
Yessssss!!!!!!!! Thank you Reaper007!!! That is exactly how I - and probably a lot of people - feel! I do not want a repeat of BO2; rushed production leading to many gliches and no story - at least when compared to BO1 or any of the other games. I don't care how long I have to wait, just as long as I know it will be a perfect game like I know they can do!

Umah Bloodomen
10th Oct 2002, 02:48
It's going to be great. My gods told me so. ;) :p

Anubis_Orr
10th Oct 2002, 02:51
Hmm... I don't remember saying anything Umah, you must have been dreaming :D:D

Umah Bloodomen
10th Oct 2002, 02:52
Okay, let me rephrase....my true gods told me so. :p ;)

Lady Kreliana
10th Oct 2002, 03:18
We all know what happened last time when people (gotta admit, myself included) whined for the game to come out quicker. This time, I think most of us will be sensible and wait for the makers to do the game right.

I say, let them take ALL the time they need. Let Soul Reaver go out with a bang! :)

Anubis_Orr
10th Oct 2002, 03:28
You are being led astray Umah by false prophets and gods..... come back to the path and to me, your one true God, it's not too late :D

Power reaver
10th Oct 2002, 11:00
Yeah , let them take their time . I really want SR3 to rock .

Umah Bloodomen
10th Oct 2002, 11:55
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
You are being led astray Umah by false prophets and gods..... come back to the path and to me, your one true God, it's not too late :D

You've upset my gods. For your transgression, you will be damned. :p My gods see all and know all. ;)

Nyriel
10th Oct 2002, 14:11
I think that a really good version of SR3 would be worth waiting for. Something that wasn't rushed and wasn't too short. Something that you could really lose yourself in, and be moved by. Something inspiring, and long enough so that you could really get involved - the sort of thing that you miss weeks of work for. That would be worthy of the SR series. That is what I really hope is coming, and I don't care how long I have to wait if it is going to be worth it.

On the other hand, if it isn't that great when it comes out I will still buy it, but I would be devastated and probably cry a lot and then everyone at work would think I was even weirder than usual and who knows, it could be the straw that broke the camels back and made the boss decide that I was just too much of a weirdo...and give me the sack. Then I wouldn't be able to afford to buy any more of Eidos's games and merchandise (I buy them all - I have all the SR figurines so far as well as all the tombraider stuff including every issue of the comic) so I hope they will have mercy and make it good :)

Nyriel

Time Streamer
10th Oct 2002, 17:26
As far as SR3 goes, I can only say: "All in time, sirrah."

"It will come, in time." :D

m_dunn
10th Oct 2002, 18:42
I dont know if any one noticed this, but in the Jobs portion of the Eidos's site, they are hiring for a Game Designer for SR3. Man I wish I could be about 5 years older and more experienced so I could get THAT job. That would be sweet. I'm in college now, getting my Comp Sci degree, so I can be a game programmer.

Chris@Crystal
10th Oct 2002, 18:59
Hello all,
Just to let you know, some of the things Preacher posted on the above link, I never said:

"Soul Reaver 3 is past pre-production"
I never said this.

"The good people at Eidos and Crystal Dynamics trying to get it out as quick as possible"
I never said this, only that they are hard at work on it.

Everyone's busy on it It's going to include special features like SR2
I never confirmed this, only that IF there are any extras, they would be included with the game, not seperate.

This is extreemely uncool, and I have e-mailed Preacher about this. Hopefully he will edit his post.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Raz
10th Oct 2002, 19:22
Ah well, no worries Chris! :)

I'm wary of early "news" regarding games anyway as a lot of the time it turns out to be rumours. It's a real shame that a lot of the time people somehow manage to twist words, including many gaming mags. :p

Besides, it's not as though we're any worse off! :D

KainSyndrome101
10th Oct 2002, 20:04
I told you guys we'd need Chris to see if it's true or not:D:).

Thanks for setting my facts straight, Chris.

Lady Kreliana
11th Oct 2002, 02:46
Yet another reason why I don't believe information unless it's posted at a website like IGN or GameSpot, or published in a magazine like Game Informer or EGM. (Or is told to us by Chris.)

Umah Bloodomen
11th Oct 2002, 07:58
I only believe the news I am fortunate enough to hear directly from my gods...I guess it pays to worship them and offer them blood and cheese (and biscuits). :p

The wrath of the ancient gods on individuals such as Preacher I sense shall not be kind....

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/teufel/teufel070.gif ;)

Nyriel
11th Oct 2002, 14:06
Personally I couldn't give a golly-gosh damn about this - I only care that the game will come out and that it will be worth the wait,however long it may be.

So Chris, you no doubt are right, but nonetheless I will wait for as long as necessary for my favourite game, and my other favourite games such as Tombraider.

As an aside, I am doing a post graduate degree in computer science and my lifes ambition is to be a games programmer.... any tips on how I might reach this goal?

cheers

Kathryn

FierceClaw
12th Oct 2002, 07:48
Originally posted by Nyriel
As an aside, I am doing a post graduate degree in computer science and my lifes ambition is to be a games programmer.... any tips on how I might reach this goal?

I'd be interested in an answer to this question too, since I'm a computer science major with the same goal (though I want to eventually design games too, after being a programmer for a while :D ).

Dylan
12th Oct 2002, 10:12
A partial answer to that question: write a lot of programs in your spare time, read articles on the web, buy books, and, maybe most important, join a Mod team. You'll get experience with working in a team, working on bits and pieces, with deadlines, with actual gameplay issues, with disappointments, with success...

It's the perfect opportunity to find out if you actually like game programming, and if you're any good at it. :)

Good luck, gentlemen!

PS: Chris@Crystal, is the SR3 team still in need of game artists? :)

Vampmaster
13th Oct 2002, 13:53
Originally posted by FierceClaw
I'm a computer science major

Me three!