PDA

View Full Version : Shogun Showdown

rhiggins
9th Oct 2002, 05:24
I have been having a lot of fun with Hitman 2 until I made it to the castle in Shogun Showdown.....

As soon as the level starts there is a loud screeching sound.... :eek: the sound fades away if I walk away from the torches but the room is pretty small.

In the game it looks like I could walk to the left or to the right but when I try walking to the right it is like its a wall even though I can see it is not!! :confused:

Has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

I have had no problems with any of the other levels up to this.

I also tried shutting down and restarting the game again but that did not work. :(

I want to play.... but this sux!!! :mad:

Vegeta1939
9th Oct 2002, 17:08
I've had the exact same problem you have, but not only do I hear that screaching, some of my controls just stop working, such as the E key and the left mouse button. For me it renders the entire rest of the game unplayable. I wish they would fix this, because the game has been flawless up until this point and I really enjoy playing it.

Spike Spiegel
9th Oct 2002, 19:47
Originally posted by Vegeta1939
I've had the exact same problem you have, but not only do I hear that screaching, some of my controls just stop working, such as the E key and the left mouse button...
Yeah the E key and left click got f'ed up for me too. Not only that the level is hard. Theres a guy waiting right above you when you walk upstairs.

Rexpop
28th Oct 2002, 08:11
I was able to solve this problem by setting my sound acceleration down from full acceleration to standard acceleration (down one notch) in dxdiag. To do this you can cilck on the start button in windows, select run, and type in dxdiag to run dxdiag. Then click the sound tab, and you should see the sound acceleration bar i was talkin about earlier. good luck dude

Lake
28th Oct 2002, 23:57
I had that same screehing problem so I will try that DXDiag fix.

scr00ge
30th Oct 2002, 02:22
sorry i know nothing about these problems but i have one of my own.... im up to the last part of the shogun showdown and the strategy guide says to sound the alarm so the jap guy can come to the elevator and i can blow him up. i have no idea how to sound the alarm. i've racked my brain trying to figure out what the hell to do. can anyone help me?

Lake
30th Oct 2002, 14:15
The alarm switch is on the third floor. Check the map of the third floor and look for the flashing exclamation point.

scr00ge
30th Oct 2002, 23:22
thanks but as soon as i posted this message i went and figured it out for myself. thanks anyway.