PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Level Selector - Access All Levels!

MindBuster
9th Oct 2002, 01:47
Open the Hitman2.ini with any texteditor

and change this line

DefaultScene=AllLevels/logos.gms

into this line

DefaultScene=AllLevels/levelmenu.gms

See how it looks here.....[and some other tips)

Level Select (http://www.hitman2forum.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119)

Credits goes to Kami....

Zaphod
9th Oct 2002, 19:54
And, once again, MindBuster comes through with valuable info that deserves Stickiness.

So, if you're having trouble getting through a level and want to take the Total Wimp's way out and be a big cheater, you now know how to do it. :D

Thanks, MB!

howie
30th Oct 2002, 22:33
Once I finished the game the first time through....I was able to select any level I wanted to by loading the last autosave. :confused:

MindBuster
31st Oct 2002, 01:37
Umm, for someone that get's stuck on a level and dont wanna use the cheats this is a way to skip a level.

howie
31st Oct 2002, 03:22
Oh...ok. I suppose if you run into a bug it would be impossible to finish a level. Either that, or I got lucky. I bought the game last Friday after work and finish it the first time through by Sunday -- 3 nights...prolly about 15 hrs of game play all together. Seems pretty straight forward to finish it. Oh course I got tired of trying to change uniforms and sneak around since the guards get suspicous regardless of how I dressed. I went into suicide mode after the first couple of levels which seemed to be the way to play it in the beginning. I'm trying the sneaking around mode more now.

Zaphod
31st Oct 2002, 16:29
Howie, a couple quick notes on Not Getting Noticed By Guards:

1. Never Sneak when people can see you. Ever. Don't Crouch either. Or Run. Walk at a normal pace whenever you've changed clothes. There's a few exceptions to this, but the overwhelming majority of the time, stand up straight and walk normally.
2. Never have any weapons drawn. If the guards on that level carry something that can't be concealed (shotguns, SMGs), and you want one too, at least "Holster" it (which means you'll carry it in your left hand. People won't get suspicious that way.
3. The thing that makes the guards suspicious (aside from Crouching, Sneaking, or Running) is your face. If you keep your back to guards, they'll almost always let you pass, or at least their Alert level won't go up high enough to trigger them. So, you're walking down a corridor and a guard is coming toward you. Turn and face the wall, and strafe past him. For some reason, people don't find this NEARLY as suspicious as a face they don't recognize.

Hope that helps.

howie
31st Oct 2002, 21:12
Thanks Zaphod,

I've found the AI alert status to be odd at times -- no matter how I'm dressed. I try to stay as far away as possible, turn my back, walk sideways. I give up to easy sometimes and just kill everyone. :D The first time though, I walked into the bank with a rifle, but I really didn't know! They need to tell you where you'll be starting before you select the weapons you'll take along<small>....geesh....what a blood bath that was! :D

Nasviarac6us
26th Feb 2003, 06:28
Doesn't work, freezes the game from loading

ICA cleaner
28th Mar 2004, 00:14
Why is this posted as important? Aside from the fact that the only people still in this forum have probably completed the game already, this doesn't deserve to be pinned anyway.

RobK
2nd Jun 2004, 21:15
How does adjusting the TextureResolution line affect the game? I believe I have everything maxed out in the game settings, but it says "TextureResolution 0" in the .ini file.

Brother52
14th Jul 2004, 12:18
Originally posted by Zaphod
3. The thing that makes the guards suspicious (aside from Crouching, Sneaking, or Running) is your face. If you keep your back to guards, they'll almost always let you pass, or at least their Alert level won't go up high enough to trigger them.

LOL, so the barcode on the back of 47's head isn't suspicious?:D

ycdeo
30th Mar 2005, 16:13
there are still players that are still playing it.

after the last level, you can choose your arms!

very cool game indeed with tons of sound effects. :cool:

MattPIckett
1st Apr 2005, 08:23
Ok guys I have uncerimoniously shelved the game. The mouse/keyboard controls for PC just suck. Are yall playin on pc? If so - how do you cope with the controls - maybe a few tips will get me playin again. :(