PDA

View Full Version : Doors in Japan mission not working.

Facekhan
7th Oct 2002, 18:59
I keep getting stuck behind doors in the first Japan mission. I can look through the keyhole and I can open the door and then when it closes I can't open it again and I get stuck in the room where you can pickup the poison fish.

xarax
7th Oct 2002, 22:43
Odd. I was able to cut and pick-up the poison fish. I exited the room and dropped it on the plate. No problem for me.
:confused:

Vegeta1939
8th Oct 2002, 01:46
Yeah, I'm having a problem in the Japan mission, Shogun Showdown. After 47 stops talking at the beginning of the game, the Q key stops responding to holstering his weapons. But worst of all the E key stops working period, so I can't open doors or anything that requires activation. oh yeah and one last thing, when I press the right mouse button to zoom out in the map, it does that, but also opens up my inventory. Any help would be appreciated.

hitman48
11th Oct 2002, 04:30
I'm having the same problem. The door to the room where the fish is will only open once. Once it has closed, you can only look through the keyhole.

I "finished" the level by: clearing out every last person, and planting the transmitter on the dead bodybut it's not what the game considers the stealthy method.

I love the game, but one of the reasons I took the first one back for a refund was all the bugs. I hope the same doesn't happen here.

Joe

Zaphod
12th Oct 2002, 19:38
That's really weird. I didn't have that problem at all. I entered and excited the fugufish room twice. What level are you guys playing on? I'm wondering if this is a difference in levels (although I couldn't imagine) or a bug that some people are seeing.

If you're interested, check the Walkthrough Thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6959) to get an SA rating on the first Japan level.

Domnall
12th Oct 2002, 23:16
I'm having the same problem, very frustrating...in "tracking hayamoto" when I go into the room to get the fish, I cant leave...it only gives me he option to look through the keyhole...grrr

hitman48
14th Oct 2002, 21:13
Zaphod,

I'm playing on the default difficulty, if that's what you're asking. I'm not sure that would play a part in it, though, since it's impossible to get in, cut the fish, and get out before the door closes, regardless of the difficulty.

Even if I open it and stay outside, I can only do it once. After that, the only option is to look through the keyhole.

I've pretty much stopped playing the game, hoping someone can shed some light on this. I don't want to have to win the level by slaughtering everyone.

Zaphod
14th Oct 2002, 21:21
48 -

This is just a guess, cause I've only finished the level by using the fish, but... In the room just past the kitchen, off to the right (check your map for the "!") is a kimono. Perhaps you could plant the transmitter on the plate, then grab the plate, change into the kimono, and serve him yourself. As I said in another post, I've never even seen him face-to-face, so I don't know if he's alone or if there's others in the room. But, for every other mission so far, there's been at least 2 distinct and viable options to pursue an SA kill, so I'm guessing there's a second way here that doesn't involve the fish.

hitman48
14th Oct 2002, 23:48
Zaphod,

I thought about trying that, but the problem is that one of the goals of the mission is to kill him (not a spoiler, since that's known right up front). Your solution doesn't provide for that goal.

If I could do what you suggested, in order to finish the mission I would have to:

Kill everyone on the map after killing the target, since he's surrounded by guards and all hell will break loose when you kill him.

...which leads to the problem of not being stealthy.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Alice
24th Nov 2002, 17:26
Are there no answers yet as to why that door won't open? I wasn't having any problems at all with this game until I came up against that door. Like most, I don't want to have to blast my way through so I've had to quit playing until there's an answer for this.

LiL Goten
24th Nov 2002, 21:42
Well, did you people even trying reassigning buttons? My current button configuration has no problems, i have the action button on enter. Try changing your configuration just for that level if you have to. I know we shouldnt have to do this (WE paid MONEY) hehe, but only workaround i can think of.

*sigh*, the bugs just keep rolling in. Luckily i don't have many.

hitman48
28th Nov 2002, 22:58
It's not a matter of reassigning the buttons. The button that opens and closes doors works just fine (that's how you get in the room). It's that the room won't let you back out once you're in.

I decided to just blow my way through the level and continue on, since it doesn't seem to be anything anyone from Eidos wants to address.

Chuckamunga
28th Feb 2003, 03:06
This hasn't been addressed yet ???? Pathetic. This should have been patched MONTHS ago.

Xcom
28th Feb 2003, 12:08
This happened to me as well (in Shogun Showdown mission). In my case, I tracked down the problem to ... having crossbow. When I got rid of it, everything worked fine.