PDA

View Full Version : My head hurts

TG_Syd
7th Oct 2002, 18:33
I just thought of something weird, if William the Just had defeated Kain then it would have introduced a fatal paradox that would cause the entire universe to crumble on top of itself. Let me explain: Kain is killed by the reaver, Kain never creates Raziel, Raziel is never sucked into the Reaver, the Reaver has no origin which means that Kain was just killed by a weapon that doesn't exist. Just had to get this off my chest, any thoughts?

Edit: This should be in the Blood Omen forum, can someone get a mod.

Anubis_Orr
7th Oct 2002, 19:04
It wouldn't have been a fatal paradox, just a paradox. Remember everything that has happened in SR and SR2 happens after Kain has changed the past (by killing William) therein creating a divergent stream, now if he had been killed by William it would be a paradox but not a fatal one because he never creates Raziel and his lieutenants.

TG_Syd
7th Oct 2002, 20:29
How would history reshuffle(sp?) itself to accomidate Kain being killed by a weapon that doesn't exist?

Anubis_Orr
7th Oct 2002, 21:15
The weapon exists.... just wasn't created in the same way. Remember that they're not actually changing history just rewriting it, so events are happening as they are compelled to just was some extra characters added in