PDA

View Full Version : Private Smith-Hard (merged)

Gentry29
7th Oct 2002, 00:05
I have started rescuing Private Smith in the Hard version. I have no wepons and the little guy can't punch everyone fast enough to rescue The Green Beret. Any suggestions would be pleasing. Thanks

Xcom
7th Oct 2002, 00:44
He needs to punch only once when rescueing GB.
Start by climbing the building where a general is patrolling on the balcony (or maybe he is standing still there, I forget) and enter thru the top window. When inside, kick the officer, untie GB and he will gag the officer.

1shot1kill
7th Oct 2002, 01:01
You can also use the poles to get in the houses.

ragsy
7th Oct 2002, 23:24
using the poles means two punches but it is still very easy :D

iakovos
8th Oct 2002, 11:43
Using the wall requires no punches and it is easier :D

Iakovos :)

Twitch
8th Oct 2002, 15:25
On occassion I was able to get under the wire and into the plane for the pistol and follow shadows of the poles to exit the water near the metal stairs and use Lupins ability to run to get to the Allied soldiers and quickly lay down. Didn't always make it, of course. I'd exchange a Mauser from the plane guy with a US soldier and have unlimited ammo then crawl around poppin off the goons. Once you have weapons and a clear path you can cross the river and get back to the Green Beret's house and knock out the guys in 1st floor and do a fire cover arc with the rifle and just blast everyone that comes in. If you don't care about points and all that silly stuff it is an alternative.

ragsy
9th Oct 2002, 00:44
I had honestly never thought of doing it that way but I'm going to give it a try :D Thanks Twitch

ragsy
9th Oct 2002, 00:47
Originally posted by iakovos
Using the wall requires no punches and it is easier :D

:confused: how???

1shot1kill
9th Oct 2002, 01:59
you always need to punch the german in the room the gb is in.

Gentry29
9th Oct 2002, 02:22
Thanks for the advice. It helped. I am in the church trying to save the little one without setting off the alarm. I have Tread with the flame throwers. If I throw them in one direction the other soldiers shoot and kill Luper. Spooky is distracting the soldier at the top of the stairs. Help

DudeItsMe
9th Oct 2002, 02:45
If carefully aimed, a Gas Grenade can stun all of the enemies and you can just tie them all up.

NOTE: Next time please include what mission you are on, I am assuming Colditz.

Also, it is Lupin, not Luper. Unless maybe in other languages his name is Luper.

Gentry29
9th Oct 2002, 02:58
Thanks for the help

ragsy
9th Oct 2002, 05:42
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
you always need to punch the german in the room the gb is in.

thats what i thought, but maybe they do it differently in greece :D

Twitch
9th Oct 2002, 15:34
In Colditz you can have Spooky needle the one goon on the balcony and carry him inside the door if you time the walking of the junior officer below. Then if you go down and distract him whiles he's doing the "achtung" thing Tread can lob 2 Molotovs at the other firing squad goons. The alarm goes off but you save the little punk. Then take out the junior officer from behind and go on your merry way.

1shot1kill
10th Oct 2002, 00:37
Or just use 1 gas bottle and there is no alarm...

Twitch
10th Oct 2002, 15:40
It doesn't matter since no one responds to the aaoogahaa! anyhow. Besides its nice to make crispy critters!

iakovos
10th Oct 2002, 21:35
Originally posted by ragsy

thats what i thought, but maybe they do it differently in greece :D

Actually Lupin does not punch, he kicks... so there you have it :p

:D No punching...

Iakovos :)

ragsy
10th Oct 2002, 23:18
Originally posted by iakovos

Actually Lupin does not punch, he kicks... so there you have it :p

:D No punching...