PDA

View Full Version : So this is interesting........

Aquarius
6th Oct 2002, 21:29
I basically have a stalker now......

Someone a little while ago sent me an IM on AOL, and just started describing me, and saying how they really love and what not. But then went on to tell me about how I don't know them, but they know me. And it's really creepy that they've managed to get my SN from someone.

I'm a creeped out, because I have no idea how they managed to get my SN! They told me that they're a Freshmen, and I know virtually no Freshmen, and none of my friends do either.

Anyone else think this is really really bizarre? And should I be scared right now? Because I kind of am! :eek:

Lil Lara
6th Oct 2002, 21:50
creepy!

:eek:

if they keep on bothering you and what not then i would start to get a bit worried/pist off.

what's their sn? bwahahahaha....

one time this guy from school imed me like a long time ago and i asked him how he got my sn and he never answered. that was odd. but he told me who he was...wasn't any of my friends or a friend of a friend.

Godfather
6th Oct 2002, 22:06
keep your distance ...

and if that does not work, i will go and talk to him and then I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse!

Solaris
6th Oct 2002, 22:07
:eek: Scary!

Maybe you should look into it more, it can be an enemie (if you have any) or one of your friends playing a prank...

Data
6th Oct 2002, 22:33
In a majority of cases the person is known, however my advice is to not reply, and report the incident to AOL.

Or you could try HERE (http://chanabuse.ftn.org/resources/support.html)

TombRaiderChik
6th Oct 2002, 23:24
uh oh! did u ever try blockin the person? then you'll never b online on that persons buddy list.
something like that happened to me a little while ago.

some random guy ims me and goes OMG YOUR JESSICA ANDREWS!! and i started to flip out. i had no idea how he knew my name. and he started going on how much he loves me and my music :confused: i was clueless cuz i was like wut r u talking about? and he started to tlak about country music adn the songs i sing and i was like wut!?! i dont even like country music!!! and i totally flipped out at him..well the next day i went to sam goody to get a cd and u know wut i saw? some random country singer named jessica andrews lol i felt bad for flippin out on him cuz he thought i was her lol

i know its got nothing to do w/ a stalker or n e thin but still its creepy that he randomly knew my name...

Lil Lara
6th Oct 2002, 23:36
yeah, it could be one of your friends playinga prank..one of mine has done that before. lol.

but i would be cautious until you know if it is your friends or not.

Solaris
6th Oct 2002, 23:49
Originally posted by Lil Lara
yeah, it could be one of your friends playinga prank..one of mine has done that before. lol.

but i would be cautious until you know if it is your friends or not.

I agree, it can be someone dangerous..so always keep your guard up and never let information out.

Cyber_Punk_303
7th Oct 2002, 01:27
Got lead?

Aquarius
7th Oct 2002, 02:36
Well here's what's kind of strange too. This person told me that they knew one of my friends, even knew the nickname that my friend goes by sometimes. Well the friend that they knew (Emily) was online at the time. So I decided to ask Emily about, said she had no idea who the person was.

She kept saying the same thing over again, "I really love! Why won't you talk to me?" I'm scared, because this person is probably insane. And they want to meet me on Friday at the football game, but there's no way I'm going to the game now.

Here's what's creepy too. One of the first things she told me, was "You're tall, dark, and mysterious, like someone you'd meet in Paris." Most of my friends know about how I love Paris, and that I'm going there next year. So either this person knew about that, or was just using Paris as an example, really freaks me out.

I'm still gonna ask my friends tomorrow if it was one of them. I kind of get the feeling that it was, because they wouldn't tell me their name. But my friends have never done this to me before.

I'm gonna make sure I'm with someone at all times from now on at school. lol :p And now I don't know if I even want to go to Homecoming now.

This is ridiculous! You're not supposed to be scared to live your own life!!!

Prelude
7th Oct 2002, 19:25
Well I can tell you one thing......it's not me darling :p

Henry
7th Oct 2002, 19:27
Ehh its easy to send IM to someone ya dont know.And if sender knows your name-did ya put on the inf form that ya have to write when you make yr e-mail adress your TRUE name and adress etc.? and its easy to hack someones email pasword too.maybe someone could write me your botherers email adress?I will try to make some **** to him,like changing password.
And about last letter-this is definetly somone who knows you-secret lover,friend?its like 1%of1000 that it someone else-to learn so much abut about you he\she must be advanced hacker.
I think nothing scary.
Or what?:D

Solaris
7th Oct 2002, 19:46
Originally posted by Aquarius
Well here's what's kind of strange too. This person told me that they knew one of my friends, even knew the nickname that my friend goes by sometimes. Well the friend that they knew (Emily) was online at the time. So I decided to ask Emily about, said she had no idea who the person was.

She kept saying the same thing over again, "I really love! Why won't you talk to me?" I'm scared, because this person is probably insane. And they want to meet me on Friday at the football game, but there's no way I'm going to the game now.

Here's what's creepy too. One of the first things she told me, was "You're tall, dark, and mysterious, like someone you'd meet in Paris." Most of my friends know about how I love Paris, and that I'm going there next year. So either this person knew about that, or was just using Paris as an example, really freaks me out.

I'm still gonna ask my friends tomorrow if it was one of them. I kind of get the feeling that it was, because they wouldn't tell me their name. But my friends have never done this to me before.

I'm gonna make sure I'm with someone at all times from now on at school. lol :p And now I don't know if I even want to go to Homecoming now.

This is ridiculous! You're not supposed to be scared to live your own life!!!

Very scary..but you cant stop living your life just because someone wants to meet you. I mean, go the football game, enjoy. The person probably wont even show up..they could be bluffing you know.

Plus the Paris thing must have been a coincidence...
Dont worry youself too much, put always be on high alert (but not such high alert that you end up looking behind your shoulder every few seconds)

cowboy from hell
7th Oct 2002, 20:41
I would, at least, report it to the police so they would have a record of a problem. It could help if there are any other offenses.

LARAMANIAC
7th Oct 2002, 20:52
I'm with cowboy from hell!!! Tell someone in authority so they have a record of your complaint/problem!!!

{{{{{{{{Aquarius}}}}}}}}}} and next time this freak contacts you - tell him/her that you have friends..................lots of friends!!!;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif
(my angel is keeping a watchful eye on you sweetie!)

Aquarius
8th Oct 2002, 00:49
Well, Emily was lying through her teeth to me, she does know who it is. But also sadistically, this person is paying Emily to keep quiet. That doesn't sound like too good of a friend to me.........

This doesn't make it as creepy now, but still a little bizarre. It almost sounds like this person is 'madly in love with me', but has never met me. How can you be almost obsessed with someone, without knowing them, and not cross the line of being a stalker?!?!

BTW, LM, my brother-in-law's friend supposedly has contacts with the Mafia. lol That'd freak anyone out I bet! :p