in chapter 5
i reach a place with apool in the middle

there are 4 roofs in the top
2 have staircase
i managed to stop the water flowing and the pool became empty

next where to go what to do

Umah Bloodomen
7th Oct 2002, 05:00
You need to fight the remaining guards and look for the drainpipe and hop inside in order to follow it to the end.

Good luck.

Sarxis
25th Oct 2002, 10:12
I don't know what is up with this growing trend with games storing saves in My Documents, but I wish it would end. :mad:

Dad
27th Oct 2002, 20:46
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarxis
I don't know what is up with this growing trend with games storing saves in My Documents, but I wish it would end.

I don't like them there either but it's probably for the benefit of people who do not know how to use the Explorer to explore the files.

Jurjen
9th Nov 2002, 12:29
Storing savegames in My Documents is actually the Microsoft recommendation. This is related to the security and multi user features in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

- First of all, it provides each user with their own set of save games, as each user has his own My Documents folder.

- Most 'new' users are very familiar with the My Documents concept, and consider it a place where their files are stored, as opposed to Program Files where files are stored which you shouldn't toch.

- Program Files is by default blocked in Win2K and XP, you can't look at the files in there without ignoring warning messages etc.

- A user might very well not have write access to Program Files at all. An administrator (parent) could have installed a game, and other users might have restriced privileges, which do allow them to play the game, but not write files into the Program Files folder. They should still be able to save their games.

I hope that explains why this is something many new games are doing.

blincoln
9th Nov 2002, 18:06
I actually prefer having them there. It means that if you need to wipe your hard drive and reinstall everything there's just one place to go to get them.

Sarxis
2nd Dec 2002, 16:54
Originally posted by Jurjen
Storing savegames in My Documents is actually the Microsoft recommendation. This is related to the security and multi user features in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

I hope that explains why this is something many new games are doing.

Ahh! See, I would not get that because I am still using Win98 SE :D

http://apolyton.net/forums/avatar.php?userid=3758&dateline=1039328936

Darakari
2nd Dec 2002, 23:53
I have an entirely separate drive in my computer that I use solely for data, and I use the other drive only for programs. That way I don't lose any data if I ever have to wipe out my programs drive. But I only play games using a PS2, so I don't have to worry about that My Documents problem. However, because I don't use that drive for data, My Documents, My Photos, etc. are now useless folders for me, but some of your programs won't work correctly because they use these folders as a default. I always have to make sure when I install a new program that I change the default folder to whatever I want it to be.

blincoln
3rd Dec 2002, 01:25
That will become more and more difficult to do. The direction personal computing is moving in is one where the absolute location of a file is abstracted, so all that matters is that it's in your My Documents folder, not that My Documents is currently mapped to \\Darakari's House\Personal\Darakari\My Documents.

Vampmaster
6th Dec 2002, 13:30
It could be something to do with a path. I'm not sure what it is but on my computer there's one that keeps putting photos from the digital camera in documents & settings where the program to go with it doesn't look and I had to make another for when I'm using java so that instead of typing C:\something/something/
javac.something, I can just type javac.something. I think the paths are something to do with where the computer looks for things and sometimes they force things to be put in the wrong places. I think they're in control panel and system or something but be very careful if you try to change anything. I don't know what I'm doing either but I think this could have something to do with it.