i think this game cannot be played by young students

why this must horror
also who r against vampire why is he so cruely figured
why should he kill the inhabitants .
killing ladies calling for help makes a bad feeling on our selfs

pls some one ideas behind this

TG_Syd
6th Oct 2002, 23:28
I have an idea, go swallow a bag of razor blades...what, too harsh?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reaper007
7th Oct 2002, 00:51
Originally posted by TG_Syd
I have an idea, go swallow a bag of razor blades...what, too harsh?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! never heard that one before, i have to use it!

and james, how old r u? if u think that u shouldnt be playing it period!

Reaper007

Umah Bloodomen
7th Oct 2002, 03:26
I think thats why the ESRB dubbed the title a big old M in the first place. :rolleyes: :p

If it was meant to be played by Pre-schoolers then I would expect all little kids to have a copy.

It all depends on the parental structure of a child. My little brothers are 11 and 14 and are heavy into such games as BO2 (and whatever else they can get their hands on). But they can tell the difference between what is real and fantasy and can actually appreciate the entertainment value of such a title.

My 15 year old cousin on the otherhand, her parents don't allow her to play such titles yet because she isn't mature enough to understand and deal with the blood/gore/violence factor yet.

Power reaver
7th Oct 2002, 15:15
Hey Iam 13 and Iam cool about it :cool:, sure I may not be as mature as others in this forum :o but I am definately mature enough to handle LOK . :)

Umah Bloodomen
7th Oct 2002, 15:20
Originally posted by Power reaver
sure I may not be as mature as others in this forum

<sarcasm>We hadn't noticed.</sarcasm> :rolleyes: ;) :p

I could handle LOK if I were 5. LOL. (This coming from someone who watched her first friday the 13th movie then. :p

Anubis_Orr
7th Oct 2002, 15:39
LOL, I'm with you Umah..... I've seen all sorts of "scary" movies at that age (Exorcist, Predator, Friday 13th).... ahhhhhhhh it's nice to be de-sensitized :D

Honestly I don't care about people dying in a movie/game just annoys me when they killed animals, I have more of an affinity for them than I do humans :)

blincoln
7th Oct 2002, 16:07
I agree, Anubis_Orr =).

Morte
7th Oct 2002, 17:09
I'm sorry James, but I have no idea what you are saying there. I understand if English is not your mother tongue, I know foreign languages can be tad difficult to learn sometimes.

If not, however, you should be ashamed of yourself.

People dying and violence,hmmm...
Death comes for us all, it is just a matter of time. :)

E5I5O
8th Oct 2002, 02:23
A warning label on the front of a video game should be more than enough to warn parents not to buy a particular video game for their child. Movies carry ratings and so do video games. Maybe the parents who complain about such things should watch their children more carefully. If a child is too young to buy a video game that contains blood gore, violence, mature language and sexually suggestive themes, then that child should be too young to be carrying fifty dollars in his/her pocket and be wandering around alone in a video store.

NoobSaibot
8th Oct 2002, 07:57
I don't know were this guy lives, but whenever I buy RATED M for mature games at any other store accept the one that knows me (My local Funcoland) They check ID whether I look my age or not. I guess Pennsylvania is a little more strict then were you come from.

I personlly don't care about the rating system. If I see a game that is fun, I buy it. If I know it will be to gorry- like not letting my 10 year old cousin watch me playing Parasite Eve- I will not let them watch me play it. GROW UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for yourself, quit making it the governments job.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Oct 2002, 12:13
They started to check ID's here in Michigan too, Noob. It usually prompts on the cash registers just like whren cigarettes or alcohol are purchased.

TG_Syd
8th Oct 2002, 21:51
They usually don't check anything in NY(Games, cigs, alcohol) but i have a fake ID just in case(I look a lot older than I really am)

E5I5O
8th Oct 2002, 22:24
For your information I live in California. I agree, people should take responsibility for their own actions. That's why I say that parents should not expect other people to raise their children for them. Parents expect movie makers, T.V., video game makers, and music companies to raise their children. I say, you brought your child into this world, you raise them.

NoobSaibot
9th Oct 2002, 08:05
Originally posted by E5I5O
For your information I live in California. I agree, people should take responsibility for their own actions. That's why I say that parents should not expect other people to raise their children for them. Parents expect movie makers, T.V., video game makers, and music companies to raise their children. I say, you brought your child into this world, you raise them.

I am glad you agree with me, but -------TO That Nob!!!!
I have been scares for a couple of mounths. I hope I wasn't that forgetable. Seriously though I don't blame you for not knowing me. Most new people to the forum wouldn't. I will accasionally ring in with my oppinions around the LoK forum. Just know that a am a serious Video Game Fan, and even more so for LoK and Mortal Kombat(with is were my screen name is from if you cared)

E5I5O
10th Oct 2002, 02:19
I didn't mean to offend you. Censorship is my pet-peave and sometimes when I talk about it I tend to get a little irate. I didn't mean any disrespect and I apologize.

NoobSaibot
10th Oct 2002, 07:30
Hello, if you didn't relize from most of my last post, I was kiding around. I rarly get affended about these thing. I was just having a little fun with you. I guess I will see you around the forum. :D

Darakari
13th Oct 2002, 22:12
Laws are made for the least common denominator. Laws are made for people who choose to abandon responsibility and self-control. Therefore those of us with self-control have to suffer for those who cannot control themselves.

Most people are lemmings and gladly hand over their responsibility and self-control to someone else. This is why corrupt governments and religions are allowed to control large masses of people, regardless of what ignorant path they are leading the masses on. People don't want to take responsibility for themselves, so they will gladly follow blindly no matter how ignorant or crazy the idea, as long as someone else is doing the thinking for them. As long as they don't have to take any personal responsibility, and are mind-washed for a long enough time, people will eventually follow the crowd - no matter how tall the cliff they are all rushing toward.

People need to stop relying on the government and others to do all of their thinking for them, and stop sueing other people for something that they themselves are responsible for. No one wants to take responsibility anymore. When something bad happens, everyone is busy pointing fingers at everyone else.

I can easily understand Kain's character. He has taken responsibility for his own actions, and stop blaming them on others. He stands behind his decisions, regardless of whether they are considered "good" or "evil" by others. And he is willing to take the consequences of every decision he makes. If given the chance, I would be Kain. He knows what he's doing, regardless of what image he may portray in order to manipulate others.

FierceClaw
14th Oct 2002, 07:23
Originally posted by Darakari
I can easily understand Kain's character. He has taken responsibility for his own actions, and stop blaming them on others. He stands behind his decisions, regardless of whether they are considered "good" or "evil" by others. And he is willing to take the consequences of every decision he makes. If given the chance, I would be Kain. He knows what he's doing, regardless of what image he may portray in order to manipulate others.

Actually, Raziel eventually tries to be a free-thinker too; he's just not as good at as Kain is.

BTW, I completely agree with the rest of your post.

EDIT: Lousy typos...

Epsillion
15th Oct 2002, 07:01
Anyone who thinks that video games have too much graphic violence needs to go live in Belfast (or Bosnia, or any other places where similar things are happening) and watch as people are shot and killed in the street and their houses are burnt down or bombed. Then you can complain about pixels and polygons being offensive.

Uggabugg
15th Oct 2002, 12:07
is it just me or is the american cencors a bunch of wussies, i mean comon, they cencor swearing in songs, tv shows bet you kant even say ****...see kant swear here either. all because some pepole could get offended.
i saw a great interweiv of the d12 on a norwegian channel once were one of them pointed out how he loved norvegian cencor by uttering about every curse you could find in the book and noone of it got cencored. if an american cencor heard it heda got gray hears on an instant :D man i dont envy you wen it comes to that lol! bunch a wusses all o them.

Riovanes
15th Oct 2002, 23:28

Is there any reason you're being a complete ass? Oh wait, maybe it's a birthright thing. The guy was just asking a question. If you can't deal with that, perhaps you should find somewhere else to be a complete loser.

BAH!!!

Anubis_Orr
16th Oct 2002, 01:16
Practice what you preach Riovanes..... TG_Syd was just saying that it was a massive understatement of the case.

E5I5O
16th Oct 2002, 01:34
WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS SCENES OF EXPLICIT VIOLENCE AND/OR GORE! AND WE'RE NOT TALKING AL GORE EITHER!

Here! Here! I'm glad to see that everyone here concurs on this issue. Nowhere in the fifty U.S. states are there more stupid laws and lawsuits than in California, which is where I live. I hate the reaction when some teenage kid goes on a shooting spree, and people attack video games just because this kid used to play video games before he went ape-s**t. They try to imply that video games either inspired him to commit the shooting, or that the games provided him with the proficiency to carry out the shooting efficiently. First of all, you would be hard pressed to find a teenage kid that doesn't play video games. And further more, there is no proof that video games can turn anyone into a marksman. I feel like I'm going out on a limb here, and that's the sad part; I'm a gun owner and as often as I've been to the shooting range, I've never seen my markmanship improve one bit as a result of playing video games.

(I'M THE N.R.A.)

Riovanes
16th Oct 2002, 04:27

This is not an understatement of anything... It is a "why don't you go jump off a bridge" type statement. In other words, "I don't like what you're saying, so now I'm going to make fun of you."

The person with the original post is obviously not a native speaker of English, which would mean phrasing his thoughts correctly in this language is difficult... So it didn't frame up right, that's no reason to poke at him like this.

As for practicing what I preach, I only jump on people who jump on others first. What Syd said was not a question, nor was it in any way shape or form innocent. It was a direct dig, and not needed. There's a huge difference.

BAH!!!

Anubis_Orr
16th Oct 2002, 06:10
Well it appears that you're the only one because nobody else made a comment on it. It's apparent from the use of :rolleyes: that he/she was pointing out a obvious understatement of the case.

And by jumping on other people for what they say makes you no different from them, instead of sinking to their level rise above it and be mature.

Darakari
20th Oct 2002, 00:51
There is a little sadist in all of us. Video games fulfill that urge.

If you don't like blood-sucking vampire stories, then (obligatory Homer Simpson, "doh") don't buy them. These games are NOT for everyone. There are plenty of care-bear-fluffy-cloud-filled-Nintendo games out there for people who like that kind of ****. America is slowly being taken over by wussies. If things keep going like they are it will soon be against the law to be a straight-white-male.

But, yes, these games are violent. And yes, I do find a sick kind of pleasure in making cats and rats squeal in pain, watching hundreds of blades descend on a helpless victim strapped to a table, jump-attacking an unwary woman, and pulling a heart out of a victims chest (my favorite mist-stealth-kill).

But me, and others like me, only like these kinds of games because they give us a break from the sick, twisted reality that we live in. It would be so much simpler in real life if the enemies were easily identified with by a computer-generated red mark above their heads, and we could go around killing all our enemies until only the "good' people were left. But real life is much more complicated than that. There are a few really "goods" and "evils" in life, but most things are usually just various shades of gray. Most things are just "different" and it has slowly taken mankind thousands of years to understand the difference between "evil" and "different". A concept that mankind still hasn't accepted yet. Unfortunately, for the few hundred or so individuals in a generation that actually understand the difference between "evil" and "different", there are trillions more individuals silently waiting with torches and pitchforks in hand to form an angry mob ready to destroy any thing "different".

And there is a HUGE difference between reality and fantasy: People who do that kind of stuff FOR REAL are just plain SICK!!!! It has nothing to do with the movie or video game industries. Some people are just born mental, and unfortunately, we usually don't know how disturbed they are until after they have already committed the crime. The Matrix is a cool movie. And although I think Manson is a weird individual, I do like some of his music. They have nothing to do with the Columbine crew. Those dudes were just sickos.

I have watched Bugs Bunny kiss Elmer Fudd all my childhood - and I will NEVER have the urge to turn gay and kiss a man. And no matter how many times I see Wiley Coyote try to kill the Road Runner, you will never see me try to strap a rocket to my @$$ in an attempt to catch up to and kill my intended target. By the same token, you will never see me running into any railroad tunnels after a victim either.