PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Entrance Exam

Solaris
5th Oct 2002, 21:34
Ivy League Entrance Exam
(Please use a #2 pencil....or a crayon, depending on which you are more comfortable with.)

Time Limit: 3 weeks
Name:

1.What Language is spoken in France?

2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with paticular reference to architecture,literature,law, and scoial conditions-OR-give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.

3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to...
a) build a bridge
b)sail the ocean
c) lead an army or
d) WRITE A PLAY

4.What religon is the Pope?
a)Jewish
b)catholic
c)Hindu
d)Polish
e)Agnostic (check only one)

5. Metric Conversion. How many feet is 0.0meters?

6.what time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hadn is on the 5?

7.How many commandments was Moses given? (approximatley)

8. What are people in America's far NORTH called?
a)Westerners
b)Southerners
c)Northerners

9.Spell: Bush, Carter, and Clinton:
Bush:
Carter:
Clinton:

10.Where does rain come from?
a)Macy's
b)7-11
c)Canada
d) the sky

11. Six kings of england have been called George, the last one being George the Sixth. Name the Previous five:

12.Can you explain Einsteins Theory of Relativity?
a)yes
b)no

13. What are coat hangers used for?

14.The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country?

15.Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium-OR-spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.

16.Where is the basement in a three-story building located?

17.Which part of America Produces the most oranges?
a) New York
b)FLORIDA
c)Canada
d)Wisconsin

18.Adavnced Math: If you have three apples, how many apples do you have?

19.What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?/

20.The Cornell University tradition for efficiency began when (approximatley)?
a)B.C.
b)A.D.

Brought to you by: www.netgrab.com

Data
5th Oct 2002, 22:14
:D Very funny, however the first question does give rise to a few more....... http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Language/DF_language.shtml :D

Solaris
5th Oct 2002, 22:19
Originally posted by Data
:D Very funny, however the first question does give rise to a few more....... http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Language/DF_language.shtml :D

Ill check the website later on a count that my computer has decided not to let me in any websites...darn dial-up

Never new you can get infromation out of these questions:D

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 22:34
Ivy League Entrance Exam
(Please use a #2 pencil....or a crayon, depending on which you are more comfortable with.)

Time Limit: 3 weeks
Name: Crayon

1.What Language is spoken in France?

Broken Toursit English -spoken very loudly, very slowly.

2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with paticular reference to architecture,literature,law, and scoial conditions-OR-give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.

The Babylonians lived in a spinning space station. Sherriden was in charge for a while and Garribaldi was in charge of the law.
Pierrre Trudeau's first name was 'Mr.'

3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to...

b)sail the ocean - depending on how much you liked his work.... ;)

4.What religon is the Pope?

d)Polish -also known as 'Popeish'

5. Metric Conversion. How many feet is 0.0meters?

One, on each foot.

6.what time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hadn is on the 5?

Time to smack the chap who's hands are there! Cheeky whatsit!

7.How many commandments was Moses given? (approximatley)

One for each line of coding. <enter>

8. What are people in America's far NORTH called?

a)Westerners - just like people in China are called Eastern'ers :)

9.Spell: Bush, Carter, and Clinton:
Bush: a small shrub
Carter: another type of trailer
Clinton: a popular brand of greetings card

10.Where does rain come from?

c)Canada -everything clean and natural comes from Canada, doesn't it? Naya does!

11. Six kings of england have been called George, the last one being George the Sixth. Name the Previous five:

G
e
o
r
& g

12.Can you explain Einsteins Theory of Relativity?

a)yes -but only with an explanation.

13. What are coat hangers used for?

Car arials.

14.The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country?

The country that makes Spangles! :)

15.Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium-OR-spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.

Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium is the principle of of the dynamics of equilibrium.
YOUR NAME

16.Where is the basement in a three-story building located?

At the base of the top 3 stories. I think.

17.Which part of America Produces the most oranges?

a) New York -there are apparently a lot of fruits in New York, it's something to do with the high-pressure jobs?

18.Adavnced Math: If you have three apples, how many apples do you have?

Enough for three teachers.

19.What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?/

Fierce competion for 'Fox'.

20.The Cornell University tradition for efficiency began when (approximatley)?

a)B.C. -Before Coursework.

Solaris
5th Oct 2002, 22:43
Welcome to Harvard TTL

(funny answers:D ..as Prelude says Kudos to you:D )

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 22:48
Yippie!! I'm in, I'm in! :D
.......what's Harvard? ;)

Solaris
5th Oct 2002, 22:51
Originally posted by THE True Lara
Yippie!! I'm in, I'm in! :D
.......what's Harvard? ;)

:D :D

Aquarius
5th Oct 2002, 23:11
Wow! I hope I get questions like that when I apply to Columbia University next year! :D

I've actually already received things from Columbia for ungraduate admission. So they must want me there! :p

Solaris
6th Oct 2002, 03:18
Originally posted by Aquarius
Wow! I hope I get questions like that when I apply to Columbia University next year! :D

I've actually already received things from Columbia for ungraduate admission. So they must want me there! :p

so if you make it to columbia you can come visit me sometime:p :D ;)

Aquarius
6th Oct 2002, 03:34
It'll be a sure thing then! Do you live in NYC?

BTW, when are you going to clean out your PM box?!?! Shesh I keep trying to send you a PM, but does it get through? Nope!!! :p ;)

Solaris
6th Oct 2002, 22:14
It'll be a sure thing then! Do you live in NYC?

BTW, when are you going to clean out your PM box?!?! Shesh I keep trying to send you a PM, but does it get through? Nope!!! :p ;)

LMAO--im a busy girl i cant keep cleaning it out everytime..
My inbox is empty..almost all my folders are empty though! Ill check again

I live in the Bronx, but my cousin works in columbia so i get to visit a lot:D ;)

I may go to stuyvesant...which is supported by columbia..i may even go to columbia for college..on account its for astronomy.

And if you can pass this Ivy League Entrance exam you can pass every exam (not guareented):D

Aquarius
7th Oct 2002, 03:13
I'm desperately wanting to go to Columbia for college. I've never wanted something more in my life like I do for Columbia.

I was talking to one of my friend's this week, and she was telling me about how her sister got a full ride scholarship for being active in school. Now not to take away from what her sister had done in HS (she was President of Student Council), but I think that I'm buy far more active than her sister was, so I should stand a chance of a full ride scholarship, even more so if I do become President of NHS. :)

So far, the accomplishement I've had in HS include:
Student Council - Co-Chairman of Homecoming
Key Club - Secretary
SHINE - member
SADD - member
EAG- Vice President

And probably next year, they'll become:
Key Club - President
SHINE - V.P or even President
EAG - President
NHS (National Honors Society) - President
Student Council - Chairman for other events
SLO - Vice President
AFS - member

So as you can see, I'll definitely be involved. lol I think though that for next year, I want NHS President the most, because so many doors for activities will be open. I want NHS the most, so that I can finally help out with Special Olympics.

So if I keep up my grades, and stay involved, I'll be sure to get a Full Ride Scholarship somewhere, maybe Columbia. ;) (Cross your fingers for me!)

Solaris
7th Oct 2002, 19:51
I'm desperately wanting to go to Columbia for college. I've never wanted something more in my life like I do for Columbia.

I was talking to one of my friend's this week, and she was telling me about how her sister got a full ride scholarship for being active in school. Now not to take away from what her sister had done in HS (she was President of Student Council), but I think that I'm buy far more active than her sister was, so I should stand a chance of a full ride scholarship, even more so if I do become President of NHS. :)

So far, the accomplishement I've had in HS include:
Student Council - Co-Chairman of Homecoming
Key Club - Secretary
SHINE - member
SADD - member
EAG- Vice President

And probably next year, they'll become:
Key Club - President
SHINE - V.P or even President
EAG - President
NHS (National Honors Society) - President
Student Council - Chairman for other events
SLO - Vice President
AFS - member

So as you can see, I'll definitely be involved. lol I think though that for next year, I want NHS President the most, because so many doors for activities will be open. I want NHS the most, so that I can finally help out with Special Olympics.

So if I keep up my grades, and stay involved, I'll be sure to get a Full Ride Scholarship somewhere, maybe Columbia. ;) (Cross your fingers for me!)

Good luck..seems like a lot of work, so make sure you dont bite off more that you can chew!

I really want to graudate honors, Bronx Sci really looks into that..plus i am wanting to take a AP course in Math most probably Calculus. Another AP course has to be Science.

I am already taking honors math and science..which puts me one step further into taking the regents math A exam..its way easier than i thought :D

I wish you the best of luck getting into Columbia..its a pretty hard school to get in. If i get into stuy ill pass by some time ;)

:D :D

Aquarius
8th Oct 2002, 00:55
Yeah, grades would help, wouldn't they? lol ;)

I figured this out quite awhile back. If hopefully by the end of 1st semester, I can bring my grades up to all A's, and maintain all A's next semester too, I can graduate with something like a 4.08 GPA. :D